Remove this Banner Ad

Stevens is Grouse

Senior List
Oct 24, 2004
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carlton Football Club
I'd take Wells by a country mile.

Surely the Kangaroos got an absolute bargain with Wells. At this stage I wouldn't even have Goddard in the top 5-10 of the 2002 draft.

I would take Goddard, more verisitle, but the main problem is his size, not bigger enough for kp, probably going to be a utility.

Nick Stevens said:
I'd take Wells by a country mile.

Surely the Kangaroos got an absolute bargain with Wells. At this stage I wouldn't even have Goddard in the top 5-10 of the 2002 draft.
Using the #4 pick, sorry I mean the #2 pick, is hardly a "bargain". :rolleyes:

JeffDunne said:
Using the #4 pick, sorry I mean the #2 pick, is hardly a "bargain". :rolleyes:
:eek:
Yeh but if the Saints took Wells then they'd probably have Goddard who IMO is never going to be in the same league as Wells. To small to play KP and not overly fast. The one thing he does have going for him though is his smarts and skills.

No doubt Wells is ahead at this stage. BJ is still growing and has fantastic all round skills for a bloke his size. 2005 should be his breakout season.

For Wells the challenge will be consistency. He's already shown he can be a star at AFL level.

Yep, Goddard is at 98kg. Well enough to be tagged KPP material. Which is why I would take Goddard. Expect to see a huge season by the young star.

Put Wells in the Brisbane top and you will see a super star

Goddard needs more gametime in the midfield thats where i think he will shine...though with the likes of Ball, Hayes, Santo, Harvey it could take some time for him to turn into a butterfly.

Difficult poll - different types

Wells is a superstar, and a gamewinner.
Goddard looks like a good prospect, but fails to have thew same impact at the moment. I hope he does well, but Wells has more priceless commodoties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brilliant pies said:
goddard is a dud.

Haha...Coming from a Collingwood supporter!

Jealous? McGuire and Malthouse made a huge play for Goddard prior to him re-signing with The Saints.

If Goddard is a dud, he'd easily be in Collingwood's top 2 B.O.G. every week!

:D :D

Just wondering about Goddard bulking up so much, if it's a good thing. He was never one of the quickest blokes going around and I would've thought being 98kg it would slow him down a tad more. I would've thought that 92-93kg would be ok for now and maybe add a few kilos as he does more pre seasons so he is fitter. I'm sure St Kilda know what they're doing though, but that's just my opinion.
St Kilda supporters, in all honesty if you could go back in time and have Wells instead of Goddard would you?

Nick Stevens, to answer your last question first, um . . . no. I know that sounds biased, cause it is, but BJ has shown enough over the past couple of seasons to suggest he's going to be a gun anyhow. He's now one of us so we focus on the positives. Exactly like the Ball/Judd question. The draft is always a lottery so I'm happy with the results from our picks.

As for the bulking up bit, I was wondering how long it would take a Carlton supporter to go down this path. For the past couple of months I've read hundreads of posts about a couple of Irishman bulking up and how they're going to take the comp by storm. Exactly the same in this case, except BJ can actually kick and mark the bloody ball. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

B.Goddard Vs D.Wells

Back