AJ Walker
Callim Porter
Tom Hedge
Sam Gooley
Tim Williamson
Danny Ryan
Jarrod Bayliss

Dam - it is to hard

I would add Coghlan from Warby also, he is a standout in a side that has been pretty good.
Also Cowan from Mt Ev.

I would add Coghlan from Warby also, he is a standout in a side that has been pretty good.
Also Cowan from Mt Ev.

Agree that they will be in the mix, both very good - I also did not have anyone from Monbulk - maybe Keiren Gray

You'd think that Bayliss with over 40 goals as a midfielder, and being in their best at least 50% of the time would put him right in the frame ? The Fluoro Orange boots will only help the cause...

I've also tipped Ricky Clarke two years running and happy to go their for a 3rd time, certainly would be very worthy !

You'd think that Bayliss with over 40 goals as a midfielder, and being in their best at least 50% of the time would put him right in the frame ? The Fluoro Orange boots will only help the cause...

I've also tipped Ricky Clarke two years running and happy to go their for a 3rd time, certainly would be very worthy !
Either would be worthy winners, although I'm obviously biased toward Ricky Clark given my club allegiance. I'm not sure though, whether all umpires notice his in and under style of play. I have a feeling that the guys who perhaps run and carry more, are most likely to attract the votes. I know that last year he didn't poll as well as we thought he would. I know for a fact that there was one game where our statistician had him racking up over 50 possessions and he didn't poll a single vote.

Maybe 60 possies would have got him 1 vote?
Also, one criticism of ricky, doesn't compliment umpires enough during games.
Need to pay compliments and quickly turn around so they can see your number.

Maybe 60 possies would have got him 1 vote?
Also, one criticism of ricky, doesn't compliment umpires enough during games.
Need to pay compliments and quickly turn around so they can see your number.
LOL! I'll pass that advice on to him. I wished I'd had that advice when I was playing. Would have been the only way I'd have got a vote - they didn't give many votes to blokes who were useless. :)

Either would be worthy winners, although I'm obviously biased toward Ricky Clark given my club allegiance. I'm not sure though, whether all umpires notice his in and under style of play. I have a feeling that the guys who perhaps run and carry more, are most likely to attract the votes. I know that last year he didn't poll as well as we thought he would. I know for a fact that there was one game where our statistician had him racking up over 50 possessions and he didn't poll a single vote.

Sometimes best not always given votes, I seem to remember a few years back that Silvan gave the Green Machine a fair beating and Moorcroft kicked 14 or so, Silvan did not get a vote.

Having said that when you look back through the winners, they have all been very good players, but with a strong bias towards midfielders (as in Brownlow).

Sometimes best not always given votes, I seem to remember a few years back that Silvan gave the Green Machine a fair beating and Moorcroft kicked 14 or so, Silvan did not get a vote.

Having said that when you look back through the winners, they have all been very good players, but with a strong bias towards midfielders (as in Brownlow).
Don't disagree with that - there are plenty of examples over the years. I remember the game where Moorcroft kicked 14 against us, but he kicked that most weeks against everyone.:p

few real standouts jugga is a gun and my tip but from monbulk tim wragg will win our b&f by one hundred votes and is surely a chance.

I think Gembrook & Woori are a very even team & the votes could be shared around a lot. My top 3 would be
Cowan (Must have the most free kicks for in the comp so umpires must notice him)
Bayliss (40 goals as a mid, not to mention 100 behinds as well)
Barnard (Coghlan only played 13 games)

Coghlan 13 games x 3 votes.
Andy Greenall won it in early 90's from 13 games.
Think he polled 26 votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone has forgotten about Justin Myers from wandin the bloke is a freak... he's only played 12 games but should poll very well if bayliss doesn't steal to many votes from him :)

Did think of Meyers Tika but the 12 games for me was a worry. Will poll well though. Those coloured boots collecting possies at will across half back and in the middle. Having said that with so many coloured boots out there if someone want to stand out these days perhaps they should go back to the old black boots!!

Did think of Meyers Tika but the 12 games for me was a worry. Will poll well though. Those coloured boots collecting possies at will across half back and in the middle. Having said that with so many coloured boots out there if someone want to stand out these days perhaps they should go back to the old black boots!!

Whats teh Warburton Oval like Backhoe should the players bring gumboots.

Is looking an absolute picture at the moment Fingy. The warm weather & wind has dried it up perfectly. The problem is it is holding so much water underneath the surface that if we get rain tomorrow it wont drain away as quick as other years. If it is light rain with a bit of wind on Friday should still be Cherry ripe on Sat. Looking forward to having netball finals on the new courts this year too.

Don't disagree with that - there are plenty of examples over the years. I remember the game where Moorcroft kicked 14 against us, but he kicked that most weeks against everyone.:p
I guess that's always on the cards in a subjective assessment. If you want three different opinions, just ask two people!
Maybe it evens out over the year anyway, or maybe they need to review how umpires record votes. I would say that they have so much on their plate during a game that they can't really concentrate on votes. It's not their priority. After the game they would sit together and try to remember who did what. I have no doubt they could influence each other. Maybe the loudest gets the call.
Then again, can anyone remember a league B&F - or Brownlow Medallist - who didn't deserve it?

How did the Hawkers play the Yarra Junction oval on Saturday Monniehawk? Heard a rumour you were an interested on looker at the Wandin reserves game on the weekend:D If it makes you feel any better i did see some other Monbulk jackets walking around the oval;)

How did the Hawkers play the Yarra Junction oval on Saturday Monniehawk? Heard a rumour you were an interested on looker at the Wandin reserves game on the weekend:D If it makes you feel any better i did see some other Monbulk jackets walking around the oval;)
Pleased I still command so much interest!
No rumour. Billy Herpes probably spent most of the day with his head in car windows clogging up traffic at YJ and filling them in on the details. He had sent Barb on to Healesville, but said nothing to me when I paid at the gate.
Barb got the message from Tim early in the week that it was at YJ. The game was changed without us knowing and Barb went on ahead of me. I picked up a mate in Mornington on the way. We only found out when rocking up at YJ. She had tried to text me, but I left the mobile at home. Seems most of the crowd at Healesville knew 'cos I was mobbed when I arrived!Probably should have checked myself on the website.
Big day of nearly 300 clicks by the time I got home.
I should have stayed at YJ! :rolleyes:

BTW, those jackets were stolen. Can you give me the names?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back