Are the Bulldogs the New Flag Favourite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.

Discuss...
im horny jack nicholson GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well they'll make the 8. They only need to win the same amount of games as St Kilda in the last month, and the same amount as Richmond.

Given they play Hawthorn and GWS during this time, I reckon that means St Kilda and Richmond both need to win 3 of their last 4 to overtake them. Which won't happen.

It's likely they'll finish 8th, as the teams above them have winnable games that make the 2 game gap a bridge too far.

So in Week 1 of the finals they'll potentially get Carlton or Collingwood in Melbourne, which are clearly winnable. Or Freo or Sydney away.

That's tougher. But if they roll Freo in a fortnight, they'll be confident beating them again.

But regardless, they have energy and are up for the fight. Beveridge loves these little ineffective 'livewires' like Weightman and West and Garcia that do very little with the ball in terms of impact, but just bring some weird contagious energy to the team. They're like hype guys at a hip hop show.

They run hard, and still have the fight in them to outnumber you in defence, but then somehow outnumber you when you go forward as well. It's weird - but is pure hard running.

I've said this a few times over the past couple of months, but I see them as a genuine danger.

The umpire crackdown on head high will hurt a bit, but their trump card is the flopping for In The Back Frees and throwing the ball. There won't be a crackdown on either of those tactics in the foreseeable future.

They've got a few guys back from injury, and are building nicely I reckon.

Obviously nowhere near favourites

But I think they'll make the 8.

Their ideal scenario would be getting Collingwood in an elimination final. After that, they're in the semi finals and from there, anything's possible. They've made a Grand Final from outside the 4, twice in recent times and could do it again.

I demand that Freds flushed from the mainboard go straight to the Divvy and not clog up the purity of the Bay
Done, we have better things to do than read this tripe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back