worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
What are the heaviest songs you believe any artist has released? The songs do not have to be bordering on heavy metal, simply what you feel is the heaviest sound or strongest riff or loudest noise an artist put into one particular song. The artists don’t need to be artists who are associated with hard rock. Every now and then, an artist we like will surprise us with a song or album which goes in a direction we weren’t expecting.

Of course, feel free to disagree with my own choices.

Firstly, I think The Beatles’ heaviest track would be Helter Skelter from 1968.

For Abba, I would go with Rock Me

From The Kinks, a song which many have claimed has the heaviest riff ever, All Day and All of the Night.

The Monkees were never known for producing constantly rocking sounds, but I feel Pleasant Valley Sunday provides their heaviest, rockiest sound, especially during the fade out.

Neil Diamond: Crunchy Granola Suite. I wonder why he didn’t do more songs with this type of beat and tempo.

The Travelling Wilburys: She’s My Baby

No Doubt: Just a Girl

Billy Joel: A Matter of Trust

Elton John: Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting

Elvis Presley: Jailhouse Rock. You’d have to believe Colonel Tom Parker curbed Elvis’ early heavy sound.

Little Richard: Good Golly, Miss Molly

The Masters Apprentices: surely it has to be Turn up Your Radio

Bruce Springsteen: Born in the USA

The Osmonds: Crazy Horses. I discovered this song late last year when somebody posted a clip of the song here on Big Footy. The song certainly strays away from the family feel-good vibe.

Jimmy Barnes: Working Class Man

The Bangles: their cover of Hazy Shade of Winter

Spencer Davis Group: Gimme Some Loving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the heaviest songs you believe any artist has released? The songs do not have to be bordering on heavy metal, simply what you feel is the heaviest sound or strongest riff or loudest noise an artist put into one particular song. The artists don’t need to be artists who are associated with hard rock. Every now and then, an artist we like will surprise us with a song or album which goes in a direction we weren’t expecting.

A lot of people consider this the first metal song, and yeah it's heavy as heck.

Jimmy Barnes: Working Class Man

I actually think his heaviest track is below, I've played the main riff off this song through my electric and heavy distortion and it sounds great, very similar to a Megadeth riff I reckon.

I know they're heavy anyway but this is the heaviest song I've ever heard, absolute brutality.

I would argue this is heavier than Helter Skelter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back