Autopsy Am I the only one who thinks this board has been turned to shit

Remove this Banner Ad

Did someone mention JJK in this thread?

giphy.gif

I blame Always Ballin. He has left us high and dry with no radical predictions this year to fulfill :(
The logical prediction was that we, a young side, would be the team to beat in 2016... But as we know, football rarely goes according to plan. I just don't feel the same magic from this team that I did last year. I know we've had a tough record, but it feels like top 4 is going to be very very tough to make this year. Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, North... Let alone Western Bulldogs, Adelaide, and GWS. Tough tough year.

The logical prediction was that we, a young side, would be the team to beat in 2016... But as we know, football rarely goes according to plan. I just don't feel the same magic from this team that I did last year. I know we've had a tough record, but it feels like top 4 is going to be very very tough to make this year. Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, North... Let alone Western Bulldogs, Adelaide, and GWS. Tough tough year.
Thusly spoke the shaman.
And the men of the tribe did gnash their teeth and stamp their feet.
And the women of the tribe threw themselves down into the dirt and the dust and pulled their hair and cried out as if in pain.

Fin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist Priddis and shave his head. Reduce Kennedys contract.
Shave his head ! How dare you suggest such a thing.Like Samson his power is in his hair, but I have noticed that it is way less red than it used to be, perhaps Matt needs more dye !

The Board has been overly negative. But you had to expect some negativity when considering our start this year in the context of what we achieved last year.

If you are an up and coming team who lose a GF to an ageing and (hopefully) declining outfit in the Hawks, the logical expectation is that you will go one better next year, especially if you inject new talent and have stars coming back into the side.

It's pretty crushing to then have a GF replay at the G against a weaker Hawks outfit and get absolutely smashed. After the dust had setteld on that one, I said to myself "it's probably just a mental weakness we have against Hawthorn, hopefully we don't meet them away in the finals", but then we follow it up with meek performances against other contenders in the Swans and Cats.

The fact of the matter is that everyone here wants to win a GF after losing it last year. But GFs aren't won at Subiaco and it's tough to see our away form improve enough to bridge the gap in the space of 2/3 of a season.

Shave his head ! How dare you suggest such a thing.Like Samson his power is in his hair, but I have noticed that it is way less red than it used to be, perhaps Matt needs more dye !
Sudden persistant groin injury to the durable Pridda? Bloody Masto musta convinced our golden boy to manscape the curls below away!

That last spot in the 8, between us and Port imo

I don't think our away form has been too bad (apart from the Hawks game, that was terrible)... I just think it has been inconsistent. We were in front in the 3rd quarter against Sydney, and we actually won 2/4 quarters against the Cats. I think it is the sign of a side that hasn't matured enough yet to play "anywhere" footy for the whole game... we lapse in and out. If the team can find some consistency we will improve rapidly I think.

Looking at our record in the seasons leading up to the 2006 flag, it is a pretty similar pattern.
2002: 9/3 at home, 2/8 away
2003: 9/2/1 at home, 3/6/1 away
2004: 10/2 at home, 3/7 away
2005: 11/1 at home, 6/4 away
2006: 9/3 at home, 8/2 away

In all years leading up to 2005 and 2006 GF appearances, we were formidable at home but had massive issues away. I remember the media making a big deal about it in 2004 in particular. It took the team a few years to be able to bring their home form on the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back