All-Time VFL/AFL Ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Good work and very colourful!
Note though that the official League statistical policy is that Brisbane's records are continuous 1987-2021 regardless of replacing the Koala (not a bear) with a Lion on their jumper for the 1997 season. As is seen in this: https://afn.com.au/product/afl-record-season-guide-2021/

Other than that all the figures are correct except for Geelong and St Kilda. In Round 6 1909 the match between Geelong and St Kilda ended with a score of St Kilda 6.13-39 vs Geelong 6.12-48. However, Geelong protested to the League that St Kilda has played a disqualified player. The League upheld the protest and for the only time in the League's history, the team with a higher score (St Kilda) forfeited the match, and the match points were awarded to Geelong (although the match score remained the same).

Also, here's another way of making the ladder by ranking the teams by match/win percentage, with draws counting as 1/2 a win (otherwise they would count as a loss to both teams). This takes into account the different number of matches played by each team.

1897-2021.png

Cheers! http://www.users.on.net/~rogersresults/index.htm

AFL all time ladder.png
There we go! Changed everything needed!
the official League statistical policy is that Brisbane's records are continuous 1987-2021 regardless of replacing the Koala (not a bear) with a Lion on their jumper for the 1997 season.
Yeah I knew that, I just wanted to cover all bases really.

all the figures are correct except for Geelong and St Kilda. In Round 6 1909 the match between Geelong and St Kilda ended with a score of St Kilda 6.13-39 vs Geelong 6.12-48. However, Geelong protested to the League that St Kilda has played a disqualified player. The League upheld the protest and for the only time in the League's history, the team with a higher score (St Kilda) forfeited the match, and the match points were awarded to Geelong (although the match score remained the same).
You learn something new each day! That's interesting to me, I enjoy weird game scenarios such as that.

P.S: It's always fun to send Port down, thanks!

You learn something new each day! That's interesting to me, I enjoy weird game scenarios such as that.

See: 'The Age' - June 12th, 1909
"Football protest upheld.

ST. KILDA-GEELONG MATCH

QUESTION OF DISQUALIFICATION.

MATCH AWARDED TO GEELONG. "

I’ve become really interested in this topic so I might make a hypothetical Finals Series using the match-ups in the 8 and their head to head wins. I’ll post them here as I make them.

ATFINALS01.png ATFINALS02.png ATFINALS03.png ATFINALS04.png
Here's week 1 of finals in this hypothetical season of 125 seasons. I expected Hawthorn to be a but closer to Richmond tbh. Will do week 2 and beyond later on.

Good work and very colourful!
Note though that the official League statistical policy is that Brisbane's records are continuous 1987-2021 regardless of replacing the Koala (not a bear) with a Lion on their jumper for the 1997 season. As is seen in this: https://afn.com.au/product/afl-record-season-guide-2021/

Other than that all the figures are correct except for Geelong and St Kilda. In Round 6 1909 the match between Geelong and St Kilda ended with a score of St Kilda 6.13-39 vs Geelong 6.12-48. However, Geelong protested to the League that St Kilda has played a disqualified player. The League upheld the protest and for the only time in the League's history, the team with a higher score (St Kilda) forfeited the match, and the match points were awarded to Geelong (although the match score remained the same).
IIRC didn't St Kilda loses the points for playing Doug Cox who was tied to Richmond. The Saints argued that because Cox was in the army he could play for whoever he wanted. I haven't research it but maybe the League overturned on appeal.

IIRC didn't St Kilda loses the points for playing Doug Cox who was tied to Richmond. The Saints argued that because Cox was in the army he could play for whoever he wanted. I haven't research it but maybe the League overturned on appeal.
From wikipedia

Originally from South Mildura, Cox played for West Torrens in the South Australian National Football League (SANFL) before joining St Kilda in 1981. His move to St Kilda proved controversial, as Richmond protested that he should never have made it to St Kilda because South Mildura was in Richmond's country zone.[2] As a result, St Kilda was stripped of eight premiership points and fined $5000; but, the VFL amended the relevant rules later in the season, and reinstated St Kilda's points. Despite the controversy, the defender was able to play 20 games in 1981 and added another 16 in 1982.[3]

Yeah, but it was a merger NOT a takeover.

Fitzroy Lions & Brisbane Bears both folded and merged to become the Brisbane Lions.

And if Brisbane Bears records are combined with Brisbane Lions records, then why aren't Fitzroy's combined as well?

Lynch played 120 games for Fitzroy, 32 for Brisbane Bears and 154 for Brisbane Lions.
Voss played 79 games for Brisbane Bears and 210 for Brisbane Lions.
Brisbane Bears /Fitzroy Lions head to head : 11-6.
So for me there's been 21 clubs to compete in the VFL/AFL- the current 18 plus Fitzroy, Brisbane Bears, University.

Why are some records separated and others aren't ? I'm sure someone's got the answer.

Yeah, but it was a merger NOT a takeover.

Fitzroy Lions & Brisbane Bears both folded and merged to become the Brisbane Lions.

And if Brisbane Bears records are combined with Brisbane Lions records, then why aren't Fitzroy's combined as well?

Lynch played 120 games for Fitzroy, 32 for Brisbane Bears and 154 for Brisbane Lions.
Voss played 79 games for Brisbane Bears and 210 for Brisbane Lions.
Brisbane Bears /Fitzroy Lions head to head : 11-6.
So for me there's been 21 clubs to compete in the VFL/AFL- the current 18 plus Fitzroy, Brisbane Bears, University.

Why are some records separated and others aren't ? I'm sure someone's got the answer.
Yes there is.

But I’m wondering if he’ll post his answer again for the 10000 time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back