All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

I changed my mind and am going Friday. I have no way to contact him. He has now moved to another barber in Knox - 'Modern Cuts'. You may see it as you trail your missus through the mall in your tracky daks and moccasins. My man is more responsive to interrogation, but on 2 occasions I have driven the 38km only to find him absent, forcing my hair to entrust itself to some fresh faced young man who is obviously more proficient with gym equipment than with scissors.

I've been to Knox shopping centre. Having been there, I try to never go there again.

But I went to a hairdresser there once, back before I found The Stylist, and she was easily the most beautiful person to cut my hair. She was from Iran, had an engineering degree and a haughty demeanor, obviously resented clipping the hair of outer-suburban plebs.

She was stunning. Gave me one of the worst haircuts of my life. Went back to see her again but she'd quit.

I've been to Knox shopping centre. Having been there, I try to never go there again.

But I went to a hairdresser there once, back before I found The Stylist, and she was easily the most beautiful person to cut my hair. She was from Iran, had an engineering degree and a haughty demeanor, obviously resented clipping the hair of outer-suburban plebs.

She was stunning. Gave me one of the worst haircuts of my life. Went back to see her again but she'd quit.
Whilst mentioning haircuts, had one today... also from an Iranian, but a bloke.

He was excellent, rarely did he speak - his only words were, short, medium or long? 5 minutes later after he finished he stated: "you like"... not a question.

Perfect.... no conversation and super quick - what more could you want

My man is from Sri Lanka and has been cutting my hair for 25 years+. His name is Rick and he was the head person at Bob the Barber, succeeding Harry, the Greek, who with his razor, could move people through his chair faster than a herd of sheep through tight pens at dipping time. I avoided him like the China plague, reconnoitring the shop from the balcony above, making sure someone had just sat down in his chair before moving in.

Suffice to say that in the 30 years I attended Bob the Barber, no barber named Bob ever worked there. Once I established that Rick was the only barber capable of replicating a style from cut to cut, my commando style casing of the place gave way to a more assertive approach, where I would sit insider and say to anyone who inquired about me - 'I'm waiting for Rick'.

We have been growing bald together - he much more so than I. With my dentist down to working 2 days a week, my hope is that my teeth, life and his career will all converge at a particular point in time, and the same probably applies to Rick and my hair. Not much point getting a senior discount if there is nothing there to cut.

My man is from Sri Lanka and has been cutting my hair for 25 years+. His name is Rick and he was the head person at Bob the Barber, succeeding Harry, the Greek, who with his razor, could move people through his chair faster than a herd of sheep through tight pens at dipping time. I avoided him like the China plague, reconnoitring the shop from the balcony above, making sure someone had just sat down in his chair before moving in.

Suffice to say that in the 30 years I attended Bob the Barber, no barber named Bob ever worked there. Once I established that Rick was the only barber capable of replicating a style from cut to cut, my commando style casing of the place gave way to a more assertive approach, where I would sit insider and say to anyone who inquired about me - 'I'm waiting for Rick'.

We have been growing bald together - he much more so than I. With my dentist down to working 2 days a week, my hope is that my teeth, life and his career will all converge at a particular point in time, and the same probably applies to Rick and my hair. Not much point getting a senior discount if there is nothing there to cut.
What style haircut do you go with TGG? I couldnt imagine you being the military - short back and sides. Maybe the younger years more of the semi hippy long haired free style, nowadays a bit of a Maynard style cut?

What style haircut do you go with TGG? I couldnt imagine you being the military - short back and sides. Maybe the younger years more of the semi hippy long haired free style, nowadays a bit of a Maynard style cut?
I have always preferred a longer hair look, particularly in the hippy days, but the sides and back have got shorter in recent years due to some hair loss on top.

Some of the haircuts out there resemble a raccoon on bail

That ain't no global policeman. What we got here is a gangster.

12 US Senators telling the International Criminal Court how to do its job, threatening it with bankruptcy and other unspecified threats if it makes a move against Netanyahu, and then threatening to take action against individual members of the ICC and their families.

Business as usual.

Following from the above, here is the price tag US protection. All senators bought and paid for.

Low people.

A bunch of nutters.

Cotton wanted protesters thrown off the bridge and dealt by counter protestors. All are election deniers and MAGA nuts.

Despicable human beings.

I’m surprised anyone thinks this is the first time there have been gangsters in any US government.

I'm not sure anyone thinks it's a first time.

The nakedness of the thuggery and openness of bought interests is becoming increasingly impressive, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found this on another site, don’t have to sign in to view it btw….

It's a shame that Matt Guy has already established himself as a two-time loser with a penchant for gutter politics.

Victoria could really use a strong voice to draw attention to a government determined to bankrupt the State's future for little or no return, a government which bypasses proper process, where policy continues to flitter out of the Premier's office like fart bubbles, and where building projects have become monuments to ego rather than effective additions to infrastructure.

But the Liberals don't do moderate anymore. Apparently they need to slither to the right a bit more, to capture 'real' Victorians.

You drove her from the industry

She says of you, 'I fled the mullahs to shear the pubic hair of a yak?'

That ain't no global policeman. What we got here is a gangster.

12 US Senators telling the International Criminal Court how to do its job, threatening it with bankruptcy and other unspecified threats if it makes a move against Netanyahu, and then threatening to take action against individual members of the ICC and their families.

Business as usual.

The absolute gall of these people in thinking there will be no problems in sending a threat to an independent legal counsel representing the ICC no less,
It is obvious they have been watching some of Israel,s antics (Global Policeman) that is what some call the USA well that is a corrupt policeman no doubt.

Apparently some mullahs have applied to be moderators on BF - interviews are being scheduled. You can be interviewed online or at a booth in Hungry Jack's at Knox.

PS - I'd be happy to have a mullah as a mod. Might help keep our site Ayatollah in line.

A cruel suggestion from you.

She may have been taken aback at first by my unrefined exterior, and her grip on the scissors was rather intimidating, but her eyes lit up and she joyfully slapped the back of my head when I started waxing about the greatness of ancient Persia.

I suspect she had no experience or qualifications in cutting hair. She probably glared her way into the job and then glared her way out again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back