Remove this Banner Ad

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Not much on the footy front at the moment, so I put this thread up.
Best quote relevant to recent news:
Bernard Tomic, born in Australia but represents Turkey!

Did anyone see the Front Bar last night? It wasn't on footy, but the first 5 minutes or so were some of the funniest things I have seen on local TV. The footy Show will have some stiff competition this year. I'll be watching the Front Bar on Thursdays. If the Footy Show can't reinvent itself it may fade away...........

Last edited:
Have any of you read this article about Bomber Thompson? It describes a few things that have happened during and since his time at Geelong. It raises more questions about what's happening with Bomber than it answers.
Like why would be be turned away from an immigration detention centre because of his "condition" and why did he return a week later with a suitcase filled with $5,000 in cash and a mobile phone and why did authorities allow him to give the suitcase to the detainee?
What it does do is paint a picture of the lead up to recent events.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-10/the-trouble-with-bomber-a-coachs-fall-from-grace

Interesting Cliff.

An EFL club had him a Sporty Night a few years ago & it came back to me that had a fondness of a particular social habit. At the time I did take it with a grain of salt, as after years some of the cr@p you hear from such events but now.....
I do worry that there is limited ways to fund these things, combined with some other monetary issues within the article it does make you wonder. Life isn't cheap, especially with particular events & maintaining a lifestyle requires a constant cashflow.

I wish the guy well, & hope he can get back on track but this is a cycle that we have seen others head down & never really return.

Didn’t he sell land down surf coast way worth millions and millions of dollars a few years back? Like never have to work again and afford his lifestyle choice?

Didn’t he sell land down surf coast way worth millions and millions of dollars a few years back? Like never have to work again and afford his lifestyle choice?
I believe he made a $7 million profit. He should be pretty set in the money stakes.

I believe he made a $7 million profit. He should be pretty set in the money stakes.

You guy$ ever been through a divorce. Article does say was struggling to maintain interest payments, & some social activities don’t come cheap.

Maybe not as flush as it would seem as unlikely as it would look from the outside.

It has been said he made a killing from Bitcoin dealing, but how would you really know.

Opinions on the current Test debacle anyone?
The whole series has descended into a very sad state of affairs any the ball tampering episode is just the latest of incident dragging the game into the mire.
If Smith and Warner were the ones who planned this, suspend them for a series. I feel a little bit for Bancroft as a new player who would have been under pressure to follow instructions.
It just beggars belief that with all the cameras on them they thought the could get away with it, particularly with the SA public in such a stirred up state and looking for Australian blood.
Instead of Smith being recognised as one of the all time great players of the game, he'll be remembered as a cheat.

Opinions on the current Test debacle anyone?
The whole series has descended into a very sad state of affairs any the ball tampering episode is just the latest of incident dragging the game into the mire.
If Smith and Warner were the ones who planned this, suspend them for a series. I feel a little bit for Bancroft as a new player who would have been under pressure to follow instructions.
It just beggars belief that with all the cameras on them they thought the could get away with it, particularly with the SA public in such a stirred up state and looking for Australian blood.
Instead of Smith being recognised as one of the all time great players of the game, he'll be remembered as a cheat.

who ever was involved should get 12 months min

A year for Smith and Warner and 9 months for Bancroft. About right. From what I've heard there might be a lot more to come out on Warner. His Test career is finished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to hear the news about Shaun Kelly - the ex EFL media man. Loved his Friday Previews (how did he ever find the time) & he was so passionate about local footy. Condolences to family.

Yes Bobby, Craig's been one of the great members of the club. Stayed through thick and thin and is still playing well.
Been plenty of less talented players come and go over his time at the club.
Interestingly half a dozen or so players left and went to Crib Point this season and they now sit winless at the very bottom of the MPNFL ladder.

Last edited:
Yes Bobby, Craig's been one of the great members of the club. Stayed through thick and thin and is still playing well.
Been plenty of less talented players come and go over his time at the club.
Interestingly half a dozen or so players left and went to Crib Point this season and they now sit winless at the very bottom of the MPNFL ladder.
Most of those players that are at Crib Point are out injured. I heard one hasn't even bothered to turn up after taking a sign on fee. Choco has always been about the Club, not himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back