Senior 6. Gabrielle Pound

Remove this Banner Ad

Gabriella Pound.jpg
Jessica Dal Pos of Darebin handballs whilst being tackled by Gabriella Pound of Melbourne Uni

When Gabrielle Pound has the ball in hand, the opposition better lookout, with senior women’s coach Damien Keeping describing her as “dangerous”.

The young forward is an elite kick and exceptional decision-maker, who can also play down back if required.

“Gabrielle has a real passion for the contest and is one of the most damaging players in the game,” Keeping said.

“We’re very excited to have a player of Gabrielle’s ability wearing the navy blue jumper next year.”

Welcome, Gabrielle!

Height:
Weight:

Position: Forward

Club: Melbourne University

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-10-12/pick-30-gabrielle-pound

Pound making her mark in Melbourne

Pound also acknowledges the girls who have paved the way for herself, her Carlton teammates, and the rest of the AFL Women’s competition.

She feels lucky to be able to be in the position she is, and to get the chance some others didn’t to play at an elite level.

“It’s a surreal moment, we’ve come a long way, it’s really exciting,” she said.

“There were a lot of mixed feelings though because there are the older girls that didn't get a chance at this, but for us to get the chance now is still amazing. It’s prime time for me, I can develop my footy heaps and hopefully have a long career.”

Pound making her mark in Melbourne

Gab was terrific on Friday night against the Pies - put in a really impressive performance.

Has made the move down back and looked a completely different player. Last year I thought she really struggled to get involved playing predominantly as a deep forward, but on Friday night she was certainly in the contest - seeing more of the ball than in any game last year.

She wears 6 on her back and I reckon over the off-season she has spent a fair bit of time watching the way Simmo plays the game. The way she moved with and without the ball was almost identical at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with that, workhorse, can handball and break a pack.

Feared she was dropped at the start of the season, but got her spot back quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back