Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

50/50 but hopefully

Daicos is coming

I noticed AFL report has him as our best.

He was good all day, Gulden turned it over a lot early

Umps like mids so probably Gulden Warner Heeney in some order

I noticed AFL report has him as our best.

He was good all day, Gulden turned it over a lot early

Umps like mids so probably Gulden Warner Heeney in some order

votes or not, he continues to play as the best in the competition
the good thing for the team is that he's still playing at his level while others are improving theirs, building into the season
grundy, warner, gulden, hayward, rowbottom ... like heeney, all of them played well enough to get votes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had Chad as best on but could easily see Heeney getting the 3

the only thing heeney didn't manage this week was a goal, but he gave one away
warner is now kicking goals regularly, and i thought he was best last week and pretty close last night
warner, heeney and gulden are surely the best combination of attacking mids in the league at the moment
for all that, i thought blakey was our best last night ... but easy to see heeney and warner getting votes again

the only thing heeney didn't manage this week was a goal, but he gave one away
warner is now kicking goals regularly, and i thought he was best last week and pretty close last night
warner, heeney and gulden are surely the best combination of attacking mids in the league at the moment
for all that, i thought blakey was our best last night ... but easy to see heeney and warner getting votes again
Yeah I had Blakey as 2nd best on but really those 3 you could see going in any order. Very even contribution from the team last night.

And yeah, you'd have to think that trio are comfortably the best in the game right now. Kicked over 30 goals between them which is huge for midfielders.

50/50 but hopefully

Daicos is coming
Daicos also unfortunately has the luxury of having few to take votes off him. Same for Merrett.

Heeney on the other hand has 2 other mids in his team polling at the top of the coaches votes 🥲, with Blakey and Grundy almost at 20 a piece.

Heeney, Bont and Warner have all kicked bags too (by midfielder standards). How good to have goal kicking mids.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Absolutely blown away by what he's doing. He's putting together one of the best individual season's ever - and doing so in the FIRST season he's actually played his current role i.e. full-time midfielder. How many players in the history of our game have dominated like that after being moved into a new position well into their careers?!

Remarkable. He's still not getting enough credit.

I really hope he can keep it up or at least continue to pull out a big game on a regular-ish basis.

Realistically, he could win the Brownlow by only polling in another 5-6 games. I'd have him on 19 votes already:

vs Dees - 3
vs Pies - 3
vs Dons - 3
vs Tigers - 1
vs Eagles - 3
vs Suns - 1
vs Hawks - 2
vs Giants - 1
vs Freo - 2

Does that look right to most?

Absolutely blown away by what he's doing. He's putting together one of the best individual season's ever - and doing so in the FIRST season he's actually played his current role i.e. full-time midfielder. How many players in the history of our game have dominated like that after being moved into a new position well into their careers?!

Remarkable. He's still not getting enough credit.

I really hope he can keep it up or at least continue to pull out a big game on a regular-ish basis.

Realistically, he could win the Brownlow by only polling in another 5-6 games. I'd have him on 19 votes already:

vs Dees - 3
vs Pies - 3
vs Dons - 3
vs Tigers - 1
vs Eagles - 3
vs Suns - 1
vs Hawks - 2
vs Giants - 1
vs Freo - 2

Does that look right to most?

I think 3 v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad