AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

If he needs a bit of a rest then fair enough, but I think Heppell has been better than Laverde this year.
I think we're splitting hairs, and Heppell is playing a much easier role too.

Nah. Heppell as a pseudo rest before ANZAC Day
as long as the sit him down and tell him in an appropriate and timely manner, outlying the reasons why, and giving him ample time to digest the information and ask any questions prior to the game. Be good to get HR involved in the discussion

I reckon he will start and be subbed for hind. Will probably start on the bench and rotate forward with a little bit of CBA depending how the game is going.
Reckon Scott likes the impact and versatility hind brings as the sub.

Yeah I’d guess he’s the sub. No real obvious candidate, and Scott has even said Hind needs a full game. With Menzie out, just makes sense that Hind would get that spot.

Plus, I imagine they’ll have in the back of their minds that Tsatas had a great impact as sub round 1.

Might not be ideal, but is what it is. Really lacked guys to potentially bring in this week.

Yeah I’d guess he’s the sub. No real obvious candidate, and Scott has even said Hind needs a full game. With Menzie out, just makes sense that Hind would get that spot.

Plus, I imagine they’ll have in the back of their minds that Tsatas had a great impact as sub round 1.

Might not be ideal, but is what it is. Really lacked guys to potentially bring in this week.

The two main guys that are in form in the VFL are Hayes and Roberts, neither play in a position that had any obvious player to omit.

Laverde probably hanging on by the skin of his teeth and saved by Adelaide not having any monsters except O'Brien when he drifts forward, and McKay already down there.

If Caldwell is carrying something we might get to see Tsatas with some genuine midfield time, although I assume Hobbs is first in line.

Are you pissed?
harry potter GIF

im not loving this strategy of not playing him in the seniors nor in the VFL
think about it this way, he might make a s**t kick somewhere in either game and risk getting dropped, if he doesn't play, he can't make errors.

think about it this way, he might make a s**t kick somewhere in either game and risk getting dropped, if he doesn't play, he can't make errors.
that’s smart

actually, I hope they send him home early AM tomorrow to play in the VFL with the emergencies- 2 match payments would be handy for a young kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank **** we finally found him a full game, against decent enough oppo too.

Beginning to think we may need to get the kid on the back of a scooter and drive him around town to participate in multiple games on the same day Sachin Tendulkar style.

The problem with his game, when you watch it, is the appalling disposal.

But, also, the kid is playing in close so it neutralizes his biggest strength which is supposed to be 'the spread'.

He should stay in the VFL until either he develops his inside game to hurt opponents or cleans up his kicking so that he is a viable outside player who can play AFL.

Today was not a break out. He was not BOG. That was Roberts who was clearly the most influential player for Essendon. Hatley was the best mid. Yes Tsatas had the ball 13 more times than Hatley did but if his turned it over by foot 15 times what's the net impact of his game? What's the 'meters retained'? Because who cares about the 200m gained in 20 min in the 3/4 that was literally all turnovers and missed targets.

My view is there was plenty to like about his clearance work and his second effort’s. His attack on the footy was good. It was not just a 39 possession nothing get cheap kicks game .
But I do think Bruno had a point in the match thread. He had several kicks he would want back as they provided nothing or a turnover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back