AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Butters and Rozee quite literally run past the flat footed Setterfield and Parish reminded me that we need to get every single game into this bloke as we can. Our midfield is so one paced and one dimensional without some sort of line breaking / pacey mid.
Not to mention Butters being the big circle while Perkins was the little circle

He’s probably lucky he didn’t play last night. If he did and played s**t that could have of really hurt his chances of getting back in this year.
Hes powerful and quick as but he can’t kick at speed. He looks like a player that has lost all confidence in hitting a target any further than 20m. Hes probably better off at a club that doesn’t try to play high possession footy.

He’s probably lucky he didn’t play last night. If he did and played s**t that could have of really hurt his chances of getting back in this year.
is it “could have” or “could of”?

* it - i’ll just whack them both in

IMG_4247.jpeg
Dodo with top ten picks is just Jack of beanstalk fame with a cow heading to market full of magic beans. And you better believe he’ll bring the giant to it’s knees.

I will be suitably annoyed if he only plays a half in the VFL because they need to hold him over for the seniors.

Given the other options are Weideman and Caddy I can certainly see that being the case unfortunately.

Regardless of what you know or think about Tsatas, the reality is that he is currently 7th or 8th in line for a midfield spot.

I don't think it's a bad thing if he spends an extended time in the 2's playing 100% in the midfield. In the senior team he'd probably be mostly in the forward line or wing. I don't think it's a negative playing in the seconds, I'm not sure why people are against it, especially when the player can play and learn in their preferred position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's a bad thing if he spends an extended time in the 2's playing 100% in the midfield. In the senior team he'd probably be mostly in the forward line or wing. I don't think it's a negative playing in the seconds, I'm not sure why people are against it, especially when the player can play and learn in their preferred position.
I agree.

Hes powerful and quick as but he can’t kick at speed. He looks like a player that has lost all confidence in hitting a target any further than 20m. Hes probably better off at a club that doesn’t try to play high possession footy.
Um I think you have bigger issues than where Tsatas plays but thanks for the concern. 😝

View attachment 1957041
Dodo with top ten picks is just Jack of beanstalk fame with a cow heading to market full of magic beans. And you better believe he’ll bring the giant to it’s knees.
Looking at that list it appears we have been stiffed in the draft yet again falling just outside the top echelon of players. Not sure he's far off the rest though to be honest.

Looking at that list it appears we have been stiffed in the draft yet again falling just outside the top echelon of players. Not sure he's far off the rest though to be honest.

Humphrey is an absolute stud. Top 50 for score involvements. Might be number 1 in the comp per possession. He's just unlucky he's competing with Rowell, Miller and Anderson for midfield time. 5 clearances from 13 disposals this week and has had 4 or 5 of the nicest inside 50's I've seen this year.

Humphrey is an absolute stud. Top 50 for score involvements. Might be number 1 in the comp per possession. He's just unlucky he's competing with Rowell, Miller and Anderson for midfield time. 5 clearances from 13 disposals this week and has had 4 or 5 of the nicest inside 50's I've seen this year.
I've watched him closely and while I agree with what you are saying he is not in the calibre of the others just yet. I'd like to see Tsatas in for Parish this week and given similar opportunity to what Humphrey is getting at the Suns.

Just want to see him consistently playing in the midfield. If that’s in the twos fine, but this: one week on the wing, one week 1 half VFL, one week on as the sub… hard to develop that way.

Agree. He only got half a game last week, he needs to get some more time on ground. I'd have Laverde as the sub.
Nah. Heppell as a pseudo rest before ANZAC Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back