Past #41: Conor Meredith - signed as a Cat B rookie (#68, '08 RD) - delisted at end of 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got any info on the young bloke? wondering how he's been travelling with his development as of late.

Are we likely to ever see him donning the blue and white on a regular basis?

Traveling okay, but still playing VFL seconds and can't force his way in to a Werribee line up that sits at 0-4-1.

He is 21, so a chance of an AFL career must be starting to slip away.

Playing mostly in defence having some good games and some bad games.

Work rates ebbs and flows from week to week though, will need to be consistent of he wants to make a return to our senior side at Werribee.

Far better players being overlooked in State leagues and country footy around the country...............

Yes, but regardless the kid is on our list which is why I wanted to know how he was travelling.

After what Brad and Ben have said I dont think I'll hold my breath too long, if he plays he plays, if not *shrug*. Good luck Connor.

Yes and no. I like the spice that the overseas rookie stories add in the off season, but i feel for blokes who miss out on their dream because they're late bloomers or deemed too slow as 17 year olds.....

Yes and no. I like the spice that the overseas rookie stories add in the off season, but i feel for blokes who miss out on their dream because they're late bloomers or deemed too slow as 17 year olds.....

I understand your point, but I think international rookies take a separate spot on the list, as apposed to, say, a mature age rookie, so potentially both options can be used.

It's a shame we didn't pick up Barlow (I would still like to know the reasoning for overlooking him, given he was right under our noses), but Meredith is hardly the reason for this.

Re: 41. Conor Meredith

Just speaking to North Melbourne's former Irish recruit and can confirm that he is back here in Melbourne.

He's going to be playing at local level in the Essendon District FL with Aberfeldie and is working with a carpenter as a day job during the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back