AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - 4 Snags v GWS!

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s funny, sometimes you think a player blossoming in a new role wouldn’t have necessarily got to where he is without the journey or the previous experience in that other position but this is not one of those times. Just mucked around with him for almost a decade.

He’s brilliant, and if you asked him he’d probably tell you he’s left 4-5 on the table so far that he would normally nail which puts him in the lead in the Coleman.

It’s funny, sometimes you think a player blossoming in a new role wouldn’t have necessarily got to where he is without the journey or the previous experience in that other position but this is not one of those times. Just mucked around with him for almost a decade.

He’s brilliant, and if you asked him he’d probably tell you he’s left 4-5 on the table so far that he would normally nail which puts him in the lead in the Coleman.
Yup, wasted many years.

2nd in the Coleman, equal with Hogan and 2 behind Curnow. And that is after a slower start to the season. I still think this guy is underrated by most in AFL land. Genuine forward gun. Could be leading the Colemand after the next fortnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve never been disappointed with a player who wore the number 4 (in my time as an Ess supp)

Paul Salmon (for a small amount of games)
Leon Baker
Michael Long (89-90)
Gav Wanganeen
J Watson
Maddy Prespakis

Great to see kyle polling for the Coleman.

Last edited:

The evidence was there in his second year, round 23 when he kicked 3.2 against an underwhelming Blues

The fact simpletons in the media think its some ground breaking find shows how stupid they are.

there's a bit of revisionist history here. he has improved his competitiveness and physicality a lot over the journey - is that due to playing on ball? who can say for sure... was it worth a shot? i'd say yes. he had a lot of totally ineffective games early on, let's not pretend what we see now was anything like langford under worsfold.

there's a bit of revisionist history here. he has improved his competitiveness and physicality a lot over the journey - is that due to playing on ball? who can say for sure... was it worth a shot? i'd say yes. he had a lot of totally ineffective games early on, let's not pretend what we see now was anything like langford under worsfold.

To be truly heretical - Langford 2024 version would probably go pretty well in the midfield or the backline as well.
But he's far too good up forward nowadays to lose that.

Back