Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

He probably doesn’t want the attention of game 300 lol. If he wants to retire let him do it when he’s ready

Always the team man. Always team first. Seriously all he wanted was Premierships, the other awards....they mean a lot but he wanted team success more. That just shows the type of person he is. He's never liked the media attention. He just wants to contribute as much as he can to the team.

You know what, for a player as successful as him, he gets so many people on this forum knocking him. It's truly pathetic. I mean let's call it for what it is and lets call it out.....people on here knocking him and other champions. Just disgraceful. No wonder lots of people have left this side over the years.

He probably doesn’t want the attention of game 300 lol. If he wants to retire let him do it when he’s ready
one would like to think, he would like to join the #300 club with his mates cotch,jack and shedda
it is a exclusive club and being so close to the milestone
one last box to tick, and we make it a send off celebration.

He honestly looks checked out. Mailing in the final year of his contract.

If he retires i will be ok with it - but if he goes to GC then its a really poor way for him to approach his last season with us

I think right now, he would suit a team contending where he could play HFF or FP, kick a couple a week and get 12-15 touches. He is a liability in a rebuilding team where we cant cover for him.

He looks old now and sadly, he isnt a leader, never has been and its even more highlighted now.

Never has been a leader?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be beneath him to play as the sub for a couple of games?

Freo have been doing it to good effect with Fyfe.
I don’t mind that idea Ghost as I think he would be a better impact to the team coming on a bit later as he tires badly now by 3/4 X. Fyfe as you say is looking fresher and dangerous again with the vest duties.

I reckon he’s preserving himself to get another contract. Whether that’s with us or another club idk. He’s too scared to go tackle for some reason.

I'm not expecting him to be the old Dusty, just expecting that he works hard & he isn't anyone can see that even by his defensive standards for the 6 years have been better than what he is showing now.

I have no issues with him retiring or moving on at the end of the he will always be a legend but while he crosses the white line he needs to be showing more effort or we should just play some kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back