AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - What a guy! đź’… 100 games up v norf!

Remove this Banner Ad

He should be the guy who's a leader in the seconds, sets the tone at training with non-stop hard work, and only gets a call up to the seniors when everyone is out with gastro or the coach needs to send a message

I don’t get the vibe from him that he’s a leader. Personally, I would think he’d be more apart of the problem rather than a leader

You just leave him alone, he has so much on his plate at the moment probably homeless as we speak, seeing as that red headed Flip impersonator is selling his place of abode from under his feet.

No - No you can't kick me out.
capi_f30b6936b48143ca437d342defefabda_19c5be2e5ccd3ee9c9f69bdc1c220bb7.jpeg

Aaron Francis: AFL player decides to punt St Kilda West home​

Swans swingman Aaron Francis is booting the St Kilda West pad he shared with Essendon star Matt Guelfi.

Francis lived at 55 Park St with Essendon young gun Guelfi and enjoyed barbecues in the back yard with teammates such as currently injured ruckman Sam Draper, who “came over a lot”.

:moustache::moustache::moustache:
seems he’s as good a property mogul as he is a footballer - his timing is completely off

He’s a perfect bottom 6 player in a premiership side. We’d be singing his praises if he had the support of a top team. He was cheap, he shows effort, has some intensity about him (Wright would be A grade if he had Guelf’s intensity).
Im glad people are seeing him for what he is. I have said for most of this year that we can only carry one of Snelling, Guelfi or Menzie's because of your exact post above.

Im glad people are seeing him for what he is. I have said for most of this year that we can only carry one of Snelling, Guelfi or Menzie's because of your exact post above.

The problem isn’t Guelfi, Menzie or Snelling being on the list. The problem is that the guys who should be keeping them out of the AFL side aren’t on it.

Ideally one or all of Tex and the Davey twins can provide the requisite selection pressure.

The problem isn’t Guelfi, Menzie or Snelling being on the list. The problem is that the guys who should be keeping them out of the AFL side aren’t on it.

Ideally one or all of Tex and the Davey twins can provide the requisite selection pressure.
Potato - Potaato

Hopefully we can have some luck on the injury front and the kids can get on the pac

A real Brad Scott special, this guy.

One asks how a player this s**t, unathletic and ineffective could get a game but then one also asked the same question about Kayne Turner.

How would you even begin to quantify the overall impact as positive. How important can 1 superman smother a month be?

One asks how a player this s**t, unathletic and ineffective could get a game but then one also asked the same question about Kayne Turner.

How would you even begin to quantify the overall impact as positive. How important can 1 superman smother a month be?
Carn man. He is even better than Josh Green!

What about the first quarter check side from nearly in front, that’s quality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been a supporter….team player, goes hard, gives effort. But I’m ready to move on.

Would much rather see Alwyn play going forward.
Agree. Has done well but we need something new.

I’ve been a supporter….team player, goes hard, gives effort. But I’m ready to move on.

Would much rather see Alwyn play going forward.
the type of guy ive pointed the finger at for long enough. Same basket as Jayden Laverde, what Will Snelling was, what Nick Hind is.

They try, enough to the point we could get by but when we upgrade we go "what took us so long".

I fully expect Laverde to be gone at the end of his next contract as McKay and Reid blossom, Guelfi is the same if/when any or all of Davey, Davey, Tex come on quickly to remove him. Gresham already a proven AFL upgrade on him

Done well to have lasted this long.

I thought a couple of years ago I called him someone who wasn't much chop but had certain attributes that are like cat-nip to people, and I looked it up and I did at the end of 2019. good grief

anyway, he's not much chop but has certain attributes that are like cat-nip to people. the one positive thing I'll say is at the end of 2021, he was basically 1:1 for goals/behinds, which to my mind just made his presence particularly not appealing, but over the past two seasons it's been more 2:1...now a decent part of those 31 goals were from the goal square, but good for him. why he decided to ruin his goal-kicking rep with that set shot is a real mystery

but also kinda....what the hell is with you guys jumping on him after one pre-season game. it's not like anything has changed. he is who he is

Hasn’t he now been a regular under 3 coaches?
He has because coaches like his physical style and when the list has lacked physical players it is hard not to pick him

the type of guy ive pointed the finger at for long enough. Same basket as Jayden Laverde, what Will Snelling was, what Nick Hind is.

They try, enough to the point we could get by but when we upgrade we go "what took us so long".

I fully expect Laverde to be gone at the end of his next contract as McKay and Reid blossom, Guelfi is the same if/when any or all of Davey, Davey, Tex come on quickly to remove him. Gresham already a proven AFL upgrade on him
Someone has to step up and replace them. I know a lot of people point the finger but lets face it was have lacked the physical players to actually replace them. You could throw Kelly in as well. The issue is yes it would be good if we could just throw someone in but we have been a bunch of soft flat track bullies for 15 years and these guys are the scape goats because the top end of the list is not actually A grade quality.
It is good that Gresham looks to be stepping up as the Snelling replacement. Same with Laverde being pushed to the fringe. I agree Geulfi should be moving that way as well but we do have to be careful what we wish for as there still is an element of softness in the list.
I find it amusing that these guys are the whipping boys yet supports then cry when we get beaten because we do not show enough in the physical contest or can not play a decent team based style.
Move them on if we find better versions for sure but it is not these blokes who really hurt us the most.

Brings the pressure, and averages a goal a game.
Just not sure its enough though.

A small forward has to either kick 2+ or 20+ disposals and goal assists a game.
Like all small forwards, he can't afford to miss easy shots on goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back