AFL Player #33: Alwyn Davey Jr - Lindsay Griffith Rising Star

What is the preferred nickname for Alwyn Davey Jr?

• Froggy Jr

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Tadpole

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Flash

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicked a nice goal when he had his man beat and had nobody else within 30 metres of him. Will buy him a few more weeks in the team and praise from people who didn't watch the game. Apart from that had only 2 touches. Only remember one thing he did otherwise, ended up with the ball in his arms in the middle of a pack and instantly turned it over due to panic.
They must only be playing him for the experience. They obviously think he won’t get anything out of VFL he can’t get at AFL. Rightly or wrongly.

Clearly doesn’t do enough. There’s not a top 4 team (😍) that has as many passengers as we do.

That goal was great and he did another nice hit up kick but other than that he was completely unsighted. Criminal that he started ahead of Hobbs who came on and showed in one quarter why he’s still valuable even when played out of position.

Needs to go and dominate VFL for mine.

don’t think it’s gonna get mentioned but he effectively rode some contact from tom green in the third q

I was much happier with his efforts in contact on Saturday, went the bump on green, laid a few shepherds too
it’s minor stuff but he’s clearly growing in confidence, while he certainly didn’t do much else with the ball, that goal on idun was great, and on a fairly great player

it’s minor stuff but he’s clearly growing in confidence, while he certainly didn’t do much else with the ball, that goal on idun was great, and on a fairly great player
I can see the promise and happy to be patient with the low possession games as small forwards will just have games like that, but last few weeks I was a bit disappointed at him squibbing contact.
was good to see him crack in on Saturday and like you said he will get confidence from that, he certainly held his own with those bumps.

I suspect knowing Menzie and the other Davey are waiting in the VFL is putting him under pressure to lift his game.

Looking forward to him putting on a few kegs over the offseason and becoming a more impactful player.

I don't think he is playing in his position. I also think the coaches know this but want to expose him to the standard.
Looks more like and outside mid to me. I think he needs a tank and some muscle, but those will come in time. The skills and speed are there.

That goal he kicked was seriously good. Just need more output from him but would keep playing him at this stage and see how he does next 2 weeks against lesser opposition. Might provide an opportunity to put him on the wing if the result is under control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see what he can do further up the field. Know it won't happen but he is limited with what his skill set and ability can do as a small forward
You have not really seen a lot of him have you ?
What in his skill set apart from being a bit under developed body wise limits what he can do as a small forward ?

Back