AFL Player #32: Ben "Buckets" McKay - Worth every penny

Remove this Banner Ad

Not many people know this, but when McKay hits 9 wins with us, it triggers North to be automatically sent to Darwin.
Jokes aside.. I think they would be better forcing north to become the Northern Kangaroos and play out of NT. NT need a team and with Tassie now getting a team.. it gives you a chance to restock their entire list under some new club expansion draft tampering plus gives them some chance economically.

Saw a few minutes of their game against Suns.. tragic. They are a seriously bad football team.

Jokes aside.. I think they would be better forcing north to become the Northern Kangaroos and play out of NT. NT need a team and with Tassie now getting a team.. it gives you a chance to restock their entire list under some new club expansion draft tampering plus gives them some chance economically.

Saw a few minutes of their game against Suns.. tragic. They are a seriously bad football team.
I find they look a lot better if you play the Benny Hill music in the background

And yes - while joking about the trigger - they have to go. And the Kangaroo moniker would work well for NT.

If they did move North well.. north, I would be fascinated by where a 20th team could be placed. Lots of decent options.

I find they look a lot better if you play the Benny Hill music in the background

And yes - while joking about the trigger - they have to go. And the Kangaroo moniker would work well for NT.

If they did move North well.. north, I would be fascinated by where a 20th team could be placed. Lots of decent options.
I think you could put another team in WA or SA easily. Start putting clubs where footy is loved. Both Freo and WCE play in front of sell out home crowds, WCE has long wait list for tickets even when they are playing really poorly. I think from a numbers perspective you could have a third team over there.

Logistically SA is probably easier, so that you don't have a third team requiring huge cross country trips. Again, Adelaide and Port Adelaide have now good strong support bases and financial security. I would think about putting a third team outside of Adelaide.

Or you put another Regional team in the comp. Ballarat and Bendigo both now have populations bigger than what Geelong was 20 years ago when they had a financially viable team. Most money is from TV deal anyway.. so it could be good to have another team not based in Melbourne.

Anyway we digress from McKay. So better get back on topic.

I've been of the opinion of No Ridley no ******* chance but for this bloke to come in and be a ******* pillar helping us to 3rd spot after 9 games.... where out of these 9 games the bookies only had us favorites in 2..... he;s been ******* massive.

And how good is he going to be once Ridley is back

just the saddest boobs football side, like a little kid with progeria cracking all his ribs trying to catch a Nerf ball, like 23 suicide notes wrapped in blue and white guernseys

McKay getting injured is the worst thing that can happen to us imo.

Say Less Bad Luck GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

Think he beat Hogan all game even first quarter. He took three contested marks that quarter to Hogan’s two. Two of Hogan’s goals were short passes into chest with no hope of defending. Beat him out several times when Hogan was up the ground..key stops. Even his kicking has been pretty good

Think he beat Hogan all game even first quarter. He took three contested marks that quarter to Hogan’s two. Two of Hogan’s goals were short passes into chest with no hope of defending. Beat him out several times when Hogan was up the ground..key stops. Even his kicking has been pretty good
Without him Hogan probably kicks 8+

Seriously our best trade since Lloyd IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m loving this guy more and more every week. He is the guy that we have been missing for such a long time. I feel like he is improving week by week and gaining confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back