Past 31. Tom Williamson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes you are correct, Carlton cut ties with him in June 2022 and his offending relates to texts and messages from July 2022 to October 2022. There must have been more going on. I do not know but maybe he was given some sort of warning but his offending continued. There has been talk of gambling problems at the time also.
This is my take as well, heard info on it last year during the time frame of the reported offence, so there would have been more going on before an official report. Sad that he couldn't get on track with his mental health.

Sadly far too many of these 'open secrets' in sports and entertainment.

Are we allowed to talk about the Williamson news? It is public now

Certainly explains the departure, especially with Carlton Respects. Didn't pick him as the type but I suppose you never really do.

Are we allowed to talk about the Williamson news? It is public now

Certainly explains the departure, especially with Carlton Respects. Didn't pick him as the type but I suppose you never really do.
Nothing to talk about, guilty and now it’s out…

The problem is, this happens a lot, not the specific incident but the cover up.

Someone said earlier that they didn’t think there is a conspiracy that the AFL cover things up because if it got out it would cause mayhem. They are correct that there is no conspiracy, the AFL and clubs DO cover SO MANY things up every year.

Do you really think no player has had 2 or even 3 strikes, seriously??

Do you really think that gambling is not a huge issue in the game?

Do you really think the 20+ gay footballers feel supported by the AFL to come out publicly?

I would love to see a list of all the ‘alleged’ incidents and players involved and ask ‘a media type’ to put a tick or a cross next to each name/incident and compare notes!

The AFL is still the biggest boys club in Victoria…

He apparently "only" sent 13 texts. They could have been threatening harm and causing serious mental trauma and fear.

A magistrate thought it was serious enough to warn him he would be jailed if he did it again
He sent 13 texts and made 2 phone calls in a 10 day period. There were other texts and phone calls before that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back