Remove this Banner Ad

Sarah Ford
Recruited from: Essendon
Height: 160cm
DOB: 24/4/1996
Position: Midfielder
Sarah-Ford2.jpg

Sarah Ford
strapped on the footy boots in 2017 and immediately made an impact, making the AFL Representative team that year, while also winning the East Coast Eagles best and fairest. In 2019, she made the AFL Sydney Team of the Year, which earned her a spot on the Giants VFLW side. Named a train-on for the Giants in 2020 and 2021, Ford headed to Essendon to develop her skills in their successful program.

“Anyone who moves interstate to develop their career to me already ticks a couple of boxes,” Gowans said.

“Sarah went to Essendon where they have a really good program. They’re very successful in the VFLW and she was one of the better players that year. Sarah’s an inside midfielder, a small quick, she’s got the skills, but she’s also got the game IQ which I like as well.”
AFLW 2022 signings.jpg

Last edited:
Sarah is an engineer who is part of the redevelopment project for Henson Park.
Howzat for home ground advantage !!

Ford arrived at the club in our inaugural season, playing two games for in the red and white. The 27-year-old didn’t feature on the field this year but played a pivotal support role to the team during the season.

I like the cut of your jib, Sarah, and I wish you well with urban design or town planning or whatever it is that you do next. I hope you enjoyed your time with the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back