Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

It's got me stuffed why some posters are so protective of Will Phill. None of us here want him to fail. But based on what he has delivered since being drafted, he has been underwhelming in every sense of the word. That can't be denied. Sure, he's had some excuses, but which AFL player doesn't? I suppose the difference lies where some posters, like me, just can't see how he ever becomes an integral part of the NM midfield, which is already on the midget end of the spectrum. Who does he replace in the midfield going forward - Jy, Wardlaw or McKercher? Or do we want all 4 of these guys in the midfield and then wonder why it looks like boys vs men????
It would be a meteoric turnaround, if, in 3 years time, he is anything better than an B Grade midfielder at NMFC.

But hey, I would love to be wrong.

It's got me stuffed why some posters are so protective of Will Phill. None of us here want him to fail. But based on what he has delivered since being drafted, he has been underwhelming in every sense of the word. That can't be denied. Sure, he's had some excuses, but which AFL player doesn't? I suppose the difference lies where some posters, like me, just can't see how he ever becomes an integral part of the NM midfield, which is already on the midget end of the spectrum. Who does he replace in the midfield going forward - Jy, Wardlaw or McKercher? Or do we want all 4 of these guys in the midfield and then wonder why it looks like boys vs men????
It would be a meteoric turnaround, if, in 3 years time, he is anything better than an B Grade midfielder at NMFC.

Framing it as being "so protective of Will", much like the "cheerleder" crap, is pretty funny. A few posters absolutely dedictated to making sure every page of his thread features their negative opinion of him, and it's the responses that must be "over protective".

Agree not all midfielders can be A-graders. But if he can be a solid B-grader - we’ll take that.

And as far as short people go - Phillips 181cm, Wardlaw 182cm, McKercher 182cm.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back