AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ• - Hamstring scan, test for Carlton game - Aaaaaaand he's gone - 4/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatā€™s going on Mase? Been drinking your own bath water? Pull your finger out mate. That was a low point game for you.
That's Redman. He's inconsistent and his bad games are shockers.
26 years old and seems to have fallen off a cliff. Needs to be dropped to set an example. A week or 2 in the VFL to find some form
He'll come good and find some consistency by 34.

One of my favourites but well off his best.

Could we throw him in mid/wing/fwd when we are getting smashed?

Effort and aggression usually 1 wood but maybe the suspensions have made him gun shy.

Worryingly haven't seen him push up for a long bomb shot so really just not himself.

Too good a player to not find it soon as always been a bit inconsistent.

His good games happen when Ridley plays.

We need intercept marking. At the moment only McKay is capable. Redman is best as a receiving run through player not a lockdown defender.

With Martin now the designated kicker it looks like redman is a bit lost on what to do
Redman is one of our better runners and a good enough user. Has a reasonable defensive mindset.

There is an option to move him up to a wing and send Kelly back to defence in a lockdown role. I wouldnā€™t mind having a look at this.

we've just extended this bloke who's main attribute is his piercing long kick, then immediately rolled out a new game plan where some other guy is the only one allowed to take those kicks out of d50, so idk what this guy does now
Exactly what I came in to say, why extend Redman if you're going to use Nick Martin as the "QB".

Exactly what I came in to say, why extend Redman if you're going to use Nick Martin as the "QB".

We have also given mcgrath more license with the ball too.

Redman and parish have both been poor by their standards to start the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with others. Martin is a worse version of Redman o. A back flank.

If we want Martin in the back half we need to put Redman up onto the wing.
That'd be so EFC to take a near AA winger and send him to half-back and then take a near AA half-back and send him to the wing.

5D chess at EFC.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

I see what we are trying to do with Martin. Trying to turn him into a coleman/daicos type and he is one of the few in our team who could pull off those offensive pinpoint kicks through the middle. Problem with Martin IMO is he is trying to do too much at times and needs to release the ball earlier. Tends to get caught too often when he takes on players.

I think Redman is just out of form and as I said earlier feeds better off a Ridley type. I think he could definitely be an option as an attacking winger.

Jury still out on Kelly on the wing. He stops and props too much killing momentum for mine.

Redman, Draper and Parish are now all 25+, cant make excuses for their off games anymore, they should be leaders of the group. Too much of a gap between their best and worst in both performance and effort and it really lets the team down.

Yep, I reckon so. He's had adductor issues before and played through it, might be back?
not sure what but clearly hampered with his productivity to start the year. Cant help but hope Roberts or Lual comes on quickly and we can rest him for a good two week block. Its sad to see how much hes struggling to cover the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back