Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that North had made a wrong decision at the expense of the footy club when it sacked TT, but I have now completely changed my mind on that. The catalyst was actually Ferball's account of what a mate of his had told him about TT having been busted for physically assaulting a woman two years ago. It sounded credible to me and I doubt Ferball would have posted it if he didn't believe it to be true. Not everything has to be formally confirmed through the court system for it to be true. There is no grey area in a physical assault of a woman and there is no coming back from that.

The article about Police starting an investigation on the 11th of April into fresh harassment allegations of TT repeatedly phoning an estranged girlfriend day and night well after he had been suspended by the AFL for threatening that same woman is just further confirmation that he can't control himself and has no intention of changing his totally unacceptable behaviour. It can't get much clearer than him writing: "and for them girls I abuse I would do again", and "after what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it".

I presume the AFL will wait for the Police to complete its investigation and to release its findings before making any decisions, but if the text message quotes can be confirmed I believe that alone will be enough for the AFL to refuse to register him and I suspect they will advise all the clubs that they need not bother to try to sign him. His time in the AFL surely is up.

I thought that North had made a wrong decision at the expense of the footy club when it sacked TT, but I have now completely changed my mind on that. The catalyst was actually Ferball's account of what a mate of his had told him about TT having been busted for physically assaulting a woman two years ago. It sounded credible to me and I doubt Ferball would have posted it if he didn't believe it to be true. Not everything has to be formally confirmed through the court system for it to be true. There is no grey area in a physical assault of a woman and there is no coming back from that.

The article about Police starting an investigation on the 11th of April into fresh harassment allegations of TT repeatedly phoning an estranged girlfriend day and night well after he had been suspended by the AFL for threatening that same woman is just further confirmation that he can't control himself and has no intention of changing his totally unacceptable behaviour. It can't get much clearer than him writing: "and for them girls I abuse I would do again", and "after what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it".

I presume the AFL will wait for the Police to complete its investigation and to release its findings before making any decisions, but if the text message quotes can be confirmed I believe that alone will be enough for the AFL to refuse to register him and I suspect they will advise all the clubs that they need not bother to try to sign him. His time in the AFL surely is up.
My mate didn't say he was busted by the cops, just witnessed by a whole bunch of people in a town in Northern Tassie assaulting her, dunno if the cops followed up or not. Just to be clear. (He is a north member and not exactly a pc type but not into domestic violence obviously.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back