Toast #225 Jack Redden (2016 - 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

jack-redden-of-the-eagles-celebrates-winning-the-2018-afl-grand-final-picture-id1042770406

Details
Games
Goals
Number 8
Height 189cm
Weight 84kg
DOB 9-12-1990
Debut Round 15 Vs Carlton 2009 (Brisbane); 2016 Round 1 Vs Brisbane (West Coast)

Player honours: AFL Rising Star Nominee 2010; AFL Premiership Player 2018

Draft History: 2008 National Draft pick 28, 2015 Traded to West Coast for pick 17

Previous Clubs
Brisbane Lions 129 Games, 52 Goals

Last edited:
I'm a week late with random useless facts, but...

After making his debut against his old side, Redden is the 225th player to represent West Coast, the 2nd Jack (both are in the current team), the 7th to wear the #8 guernsey (after Malaxos, Nichols, Metropolis, Taylor, Humm and Waters) and so far as I am aware, the first player from the Glenelg Tigers to play for the Eagles.

The last player I can recall debuting against his old side was Josh Hill (v Bulldogs in 2012), no idea how many in total have done that. Would be interesting to look up, but also time-consuming.

Apparently I sponsor this bull of a bloke.

Wow what a great game on the weekend, spectacular even.

Here's some stats: 22 touches (however he touched thousands of people during the game with the spirit and determination he possessed) and a mammoth 8 tackles.

Well done Redden.

As your new sponsor for 2018 just wanna wish you a Happy Birthday champ looking forward to watching you carry our midfield to great heights

Round 1 : Sydney

Dear Jack,

Unsure as to how you are been coached noticed the first half you had a semi shut down roll on Kennedy and did a serviceable job he really had no impact around the contest like he normally does. I didnt rate how when they put Yeo in the guts they put you out on a wing that is not your position at all.
I'm assuming you had a chat to the coaches at half time and just mentioned you weren't a tagger nor a wingman and you can actually win your own ball at stoppages ( Did you pull out your highlights from you days at the Lions ? ) cause after halftime you lifted around the stoppages and not surpisingly our team did as well. (May also of had something to do with a certain ruckman turning it in for the fans.)
All in all i didnt think you where that bad actually after halftime one of our better contributors. Keep up the good work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back