News 2023 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 had games moved due to Covid still.

We played QBday against the Dees at SCG, and Port played one of their "home" games against us at Marvel.

Check non-covid years 2019, 2022.

Fixture always the same

14 MCG
3 Marvel
5 outside vic

The 3 marvel are always

1 home against a non-vic
1 home against a Marvel tenant
1 away against a Marvel tenant

Absolutely correct.

This also means that Hawthorn, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Melbourne are all but guaranteed to get a home game against us, as we need to play 5 away games at the G.

We've only had 4 other away games at the G in the last 10 seasons - 3 against Geelong (last time 2017 as they've cracked the shits about it), and 1 against St Kilda which they requested for the 50th anniversary of their flag.

Absolutely correct.

This also means that Hawthorn, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Melbourne are all but guaranteed to get a home game against us, as we need to play 5 away games at the G.
They might give Geelong a home game at the G against us next year.

The "country" game it is Essendon home next year.

So if Cats get their usual 2 "home" MCG games, 1 will be Easter Monday v the Hawks, and wouldnt surprise if we are the other.

My guess re double ups is

Top6 teams
Melbourne (Grundy)
Geelong

Middle 6 teams
Carlton (AFL will cash in)
Richmond

Bottom 6 teams
Giants

I'm willing to be a lot of money that this extra round in 2023 (23 game home and away season) we will be forced to play the home state team.

EG we currently play the 22 games as follows - 14 MCG 3 Docklands 5 Interstate.

What is the bet that the 6th interstate game will be against either the Crows or Port if Adelaide host the "Magic Round"
OR
Against the Swans or Giants if Sydney host the round?

Just a criminal way for the AFL to make us play 6 interstate games.

Where has it been said we’ll play 23 games rather than the usual 23 round - 22 game season (to accommodate a bye) that we’ve had the last few years.

I'm willing to be a lot of money that this extra round in 2023 (23 game home and away season) we will be forced to play the home state team.

EG we currently play the 22 games as follows - 14 MCG 3 Docklands 5 Interstate.

What is the bet that the 6th interstate game will be against either the Crows or Port if Adelaide host the "Magic Round"
OR
Against the Swans or Giants if Sydney host the round?

Just a criminal way for the AFL to make us play 6 interstate games.

You make a very good point. The “ host state” clubs will get the financial advantage of a marquis game against a blockbuster opponent.

But quite frankly I’d be happier with that than drawing an extra double up against a good team…. Because most interstate clubs are currently crap, even on the own turf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back