Preview 2017 Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go again.
Supposably we had the same concessions as GWS :/

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/01/09/2017-afl-preview-gold-coast-s-best-22/

Better start fixing that culture eh..... We can't allow the likes of Thompson, 2MP, Ah Chee and Swallow to re-sign so early and eagerly. It wasn't even 2017 when they re-signed FFS. All it does is help them focus on footy without distractions, and allow the club to go on to the next lot of re-signings. And the players talking about how their is a new found confidence and motivation with Lynch and May in charge, and how everyone is quietly pushing for finals? Pfft, we simply can't have an environment like this. It definitely needs to be turned on its head fast.
/sarcasm.

Seriously though, a 'broken internal spirit'? Has this guy ever even set foot inside Metricon, let alone know enough to describe the culture like this? Especially when almost every article from the local media who, you know, actually talk to the players and coaches and are experiencing it first hand are saying that the culture and environment is as positive as it has ever been. How long before these VIC sheep actually take a look at our culture and stop sprouting the same stuff?

Best 22's not too far off though. It'll be fun to see the battle between Fiorini/Brodie/Bowes. Only appears to be one spot on the bench for these 3 and all are potentially good enough to play early if they want it.

Anyway. End rant. Good to see the players and putting the hard yards in again.

Better start fixing that culture eh..... We can't allow the likes of Thompson, 2MP, Ah Chee and Swallow to re-sign so early and eagerly. It wasn't even 2017 when they re-signed FFS. All it does is help them focus on footy without distractions, and allow the club to go on to the next lot of re-signings. And the players talking about how their is a new found confidence and motivation with Lynch and May in charge, and how everyone is quietly pushing for finals? Pfft, we simply can't have an environment like this. It definitely needs to be turned on its head fast.
/sarcasm.

Seriously though, a 'broken internal spirit'? Has this guy ever even set foot inside Metricon, let alone know enough to describe the culture like this? Especially when almost every article from the local media who, you know, actually talk to the players and coaches and are experiencing it first hand are saying that the culture and environment is as positive as it has ever been. How long before these VIC sheep actually take a look at our culture and stop sprouting the same stuff?

Best 22's not too far off though. It'll be fun to see the battle between Fiorini/Brodie/Bowes. Only appears to be one spot on the bench for these 3 and all are potentially good enough to play early if they want it.

Anyway. End rant. Good to see the players and putting the hard yards in again.

A very nice rant. Loved it :D

Thought id put out a question to debate. Where do we think suns will finish this year win wise? Judging on our current status prior to round 8 at 3-4 i think we can get to 12 wins realisticly which should have us playing finals. Anyone differ? I think our game against west Coast and hawthorn away could go either way depending on our current form.

Thought id put out a question to debate. Where do we think suns will finish this year win wise? Judging on our current status prior to round 8 at 3-4 i think we can get to 12 wins realisticly which should have us playing finals. Anyone differ? I think our game against west Coast and hawthorn away could go either way depending on our current form.

Thinking 10 wins - we go 7-8 for our last 15 games

That Lions loss will be the original sin of our season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a bit of luck we can make 12 wins which I reckon has us squeezing into 8th

That looks more like a conditional if block than an equation to me :p
Haha i was wondering if anyone would pull me up on that.

Technically it should be:

if(suns.game[7].Score > port.game[7].Score) finals.Add(suns) else bottom10.Add(suns);

Our wins per season have been 3, 3, 8, 10, 4, and 6. Given that history, that we are 3-4 atm, but that we are still a very very young team, the pass mark for me is 9+ wins. This would keep us in the finals hunt for a long while since the comp is so even this year.

Respectability and how we are playing the most important thing while we are playing 4 or 5 under 20's every week (5 this week). Got to worry first about turning up and playing well every week, and having no more floggings or 'out of it from the first minute' GWS style games. Had enough of those for a while.

Also want to see all the youngsters who have done something in the NEAFL this year get a few games.
Darcy if/when he gets elevated, Brodie, The Scrim, The Schoen.
Ainsworth when he is fit again.
Not to mention more games into Scheer, Bowes, Fiorini, and Ah Chee.
(Joyce and 2MP are clearly in the best 22 already).

Happy to be patient this year provided the clubs sets some solid playing foundations, especially now that the off-field has improved out of sight in the last 2.5 years (a major sponsor notwithstanding).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back