2013 Rookie Draft Pick #32 - Tom Vandeleur

Remove this Banner Ad

Oooooo yes! Someone who's a natural footballer.

Love what he does straight after a mark. I won't say he always plays on, he doesn't seem that one-dimensional. But he seemed to have some vision and a quick instinct – knows his targets and hits them, and if he doesn't, he'll keep going and make sure he does.

He seems like a rebounding defender definitely. Strong body by the looks and a nice, soft set of hands on him.

I won't jump in, but he doesn't seem the kind (unlike our other three draftees in the National) to instinctively put his head down and trail the footy. In those highlights, he could've thrown some shepherds but just stopped running. That's something I was hesitant about with Steven Edwards.

Good to have some West Aussies on board too.

Oooooo yes! Someone who's a natural footballer.

Love what he does straight after a mark. I won't say he always plays on, he doesn't seem that one-dimensional. But he seemed to have some vision and a quick instinct – knows his targets and hits them, and if he doesn't, he'll keep going and make sure he does.

He seems like a rebounding defender definitely. Strong body by the looks and a nice, soft set of hands on him.

I won't jump in, but he doesn't seem the kind (unlike our other three draftees in the National) to instinctively put his head down and trail the footy. In those highlights, he could've thrown some shepherds but just stopped running. That's something I was hesitant about with Steven Edwards.

Good to have some West Aussies on board too.

Apart from looking like a natural footballer he seems pretty athletic. He finished in the top ten for repeat sprints and vertical jump at the National Draft testing. A really good long-term prospect for mine.
Repeat sprints
1. Nathan Freeman (23.62 seconds)
2. Darcy Byrne-Jones (24.06)
3. Jonathon Marsh (24.18)
4. Daniel Flynn (24.25)
5. Josh Kelly (24.31)
6. Nick Bourke (24.31)
7. Daniel Cox (24.31)
8. Louis Herbert (24.38)
9. Tom Langdon (24.45)
10. Tom Vandeleur (24.49)

Vertical jump relative (cm)
1. Kade Kolodjashnij (79cm)
2. Brady Grey (76cm)
3. Fraser Thurlow (75cm)
4. Tom Vandeleur (72cm)
5. Nathan Drummond (72cm)
6. Jarman Impey (72cm)
7. Louis Herbert (71cm)
8. Archie Smith (70cm)
9. Aliir Aliir (70cm)
10. Jonathon Marsh (70cm)

Born March 1995. This guy has grown up never knowing footy pre- Dockers.

Welcome aboard son.

If all he has known is the Dockers of old, that isn't necessarily a good thing!! :p

Does make me feel very, very old when I see how young some of these guys are...

The guy doesn't have a good kicking style (I think Chris mentioned it was like McPharlin's), but he has a lot of get-go. I love the fend offs he produces. Get some bulk into him and we may just have a Dustin Martin/Luke Pharlin hybrid. He won't play much next year for Fremantle, but South Fremantle will enjoy his run off half-back.

Best of our three picks, imo.

The guy doesn't have a good kicking style (I think Chris mentioned it was like McPharlin's), but he has a lot of get-go. I love the fend offs he produces. Get some bulk into him and we may just have a Dustin Martin/Luke Pharlin hybrid. He won't play much next year for Fremantle, but South Fremantle will enjoy his run off half-back.

Best of our three picks, imo.

not peel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back