2012 EDFL Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Doctor Jones

Debutant
Aug 30, 2011
Warragul
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ok guys, so this is what I've come up with as this years Top 50 for the league. I have made it a requirement that to qualify you must have played at least 10 games for their associated club.

Last year I tried to spread it around all clubs, but I do think that the top 5 tems were heads above the rest and my list shows it.

Feel free to give it to me about who I missed and who is too high and who is too low and lets see how I went!

This year 2011

1) B.Kimber (CL) 1

2) Z.Vanstittart (Bun) -

3) S. Brewster (WI) 4

4) B.Dore (NNG) -

5) B. Horaczko (CL) -

6) N.Marsh (Gar) 12

7) L. Walker (KWR) -

8) B. Hobgen (WI) 8

9) M. Whyte (Bun) -

10)M. Robinson (CL) -

11)T. Marsh (Gar) 3

12)B. Jostlear (Bun) 14

13)J. Ikupu (ND) -

14)T. Johnson (Ell) -

15)D. Charles (WI) 41

16)B. Eastwell (Gar) 10

17)B. Dwyer (LL) 6

18)E. Morris (Gar) -

19)C. Larosa (WI) -

20)T. Holland (Long) 9

21)K. Bergles (Poo) 11

22)B. Marsh (Gar) 13

23)D. Kelly (NNG) -

24)B Walker (Bun) -

25)T. Payne (CL) 35

26)O. Fitzpatrick (Cat) -

27)N. Lieshout (Bun) -

28)A. Bernado (Buln) 33

29)M. Laszczyk (Bun) 31

30)C. Wilson (Ny) 30

31)J. Allen (CL) 7

32)L. Mc Connell (NNG) -

33)T. Morrow (NNS) 24

34)S. Marchetti (CL) 26

35)J. Bow (Gar) -

36)J. Grant (NNG) -

37)D. Fry (Gar) -

38)R. Gillis (CL) 18

39)Daniel Johnson (WI) 48

40)C. Pattie (Bun) 5

41)M. Hobbs (Gar) 29

42)L. Tyrell (Cat) -

43)S. Stocco (NNG) 42

44)B. Batt (LL) -

45)C. Cunningham(Poo) -

46)J. Bradshaw (CL) -

47)J. Peterson (WI) 50

48)B. Cowell (NNS) -

49)K. Batt (LL) 19

50)A. Bevenuto (Cat) -

To be honest Surkin, I seen prob only about 3 games of KWR when they were in the Warragul area. They weren't my first choice when going to watch games! He has such polished skills, but I guess he wasn't a match winner in any of those games, which you would prob expect from a someone in the Top 20.

Walker hardly touched it when i seen him play.
C Wilson from Nyora didnt play last year but u have him being number 30 last year and this year

Impossible to do a list like that without seeing much of each player so good effort!

I reckon C wilson is too low, finished 4th in the league medal, had a cracking year.

Dont think Dore would be that high on this years performances from what I have seen and read in papers.

Eddie Morris will be a jet but dont think he is above bergels, holland, fitzpatrick, lieshout at this stage.

At the end of the day, I only take my kids down to the footy to get them out of the house, but I have enjoyed getting involved in the league! I was a bit of a footy nut in my youngers days. So the majority of the games I get to see are usually in Warragul.

It is hard to get a gauge on all players and some of the bigger names may be a bit higher just based on their name, and others may be a bit higher just in regards to where their team finished. I just thought the higher the team finished, the better the guy has played.

I'm being pedantic but Tom Marsh didn't play 10 games, including 4 finals he only managed 9!

Josh Peterson was runner up in our B&F, probably deserves to be higher. Santo unlucky to miss out considering the number of goals he kicked.

What about Lacunes or Ben Campbell from Darnum Doc? Good to see Ikapu in there to bad he probably wont be playing for us next year. StKilda and Melbourne are chasing him so i'd say he'll be in the VFL next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Lacunes or Ben Campbell from Darnum Doc? Good to see Ikapu in there to bad he probably wont be playing for us next year. StKilda and Melbourne are chasing him so i'd say he'll be in the VFL next year.

I had Lacunes in the last mix of players, but probably him and Santo were the two unlucky to miss out. I just don't think Lacunes was as consistant this year, going by the reports and from the game I did see. I don't know a lot about Ben Campbell, and as I said earlier, I gernerally only went to the games between the top sides.

Yea that's fair enough. It would be bloody hard to make a list of a top 50 that would please most ppl but i think you have done it. Also as you said not getting to watch some blokes week in week out makes it hard aswell.

Great job Doc. Real tough job to do this. I like how you didn't spread the load around the clubs as clearly the majority of the better players in the comp are from the top sides.

For mine, Kimber is not number 1. Big call I know, seeing he won the League BF by a thousand votes, but I believe umpires just love him. In my opinion, he is the best ball winner in the comp, however, when he gets the ball, 9 times out of 10 he breaks a pack, head down, runs his 15 and boots the ball as far as he can. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but i reakon the CL forwards could get quite frustrated at times.

I like Zac Vansittart at 2. Real gun of the comp. Polished, clever and hard at it. Great call.

J. Grant (36), had a better year than Dore (4). This might be due to reputation as Grant is a very underated player, and new to the comp.

I wouldn't have Batt in there. I know I havnt seen many other games, other than our own, but he hasnt seem to have had a good year at all (played injured all year i heard)

I'd have Morrow in top 10. Gun!

Again, top effort Doc!

There's a few you have rated in there that I really don't know why, but il talk about the positive side-

Pattie is top 10..Morrow, Kelly, Tyrell, Grant and Bernardo should all be lower and in your top 20 somewhere. They would all be picked in an interleague side at full strength.

Notable absentee- (biaised opinion) Matt Pearce is in the top 15 players in this comp easily. Brady White should be in there somewhere too. I am glad you rate Hora that low as anyone who rucks against him would agree.

Big Owie is stiff. He kicked 90 odd goals and you can't get him a gig in the top 10? And 1 of my favorite players Santo isn't in your top 50?

Good effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back