AFL Player #17: Todd Goldstein - 10,000 hitouts - A VFL/AFL first

Remove this Banner Ad

17 - goldstein.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 25, Vander18

Welcome aboard, big fella.

Never thought I'd see the day when Todd Goldstein plays for Essendon, but here we are

Last edited by a moderator:

Please don't forget Richard Cole and Ty Zantuck. If we're going to open old wounds we might as well do it properly.

Mark Alvey says ‘hi’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It truly was a special time to be a Don's fan, witnessing the beginning of the battle for relevance that continues to this day.
Doc Wheildon…

Wheildon left Fitzroy after the 1994 season and played at West Adelaide before he was given another chance at AFL, recruited by Essendon with pick 15 in the 1995 AFL Draft. He however never got a chance to play for them after he was hit by a taxi in King Street and badly injured his legs, ending his career.

Please don't forget Richard Cole and Ty Zantuck. If we're going to open old wounds we might as well do it properly.
Ah yes Richard Cole, that name still traumatises Collingwood supporters. Taking him ahead of Nick Dalsanto!! I can’t recall even dodo getting one that wrong.

Ah yes Richard Cole, that name still traumatises Collingwood supporters. Taking him ahead of Nick Dalsanto!! I can’t recall even dodo getting one that wrong.
We took Shane Harvey ahead of Stevie J and a host of others that draft. Glass houses etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belts the piss out of Reeves, a 7 footer, is the single biggest impact on our scoring (I.e. the clean break out of the middle), and he's the one guy whose influence could not be replicated, for example by stat padding at half back (we actually traded a guy who could do it for Hawthorn for a bag of chips if you think there some real skill to it) and he gets rewarded with no coaches votes.

It's just another part of the AFL system that I will pay no attention to except to occasionally mock.

Last edited:
He’ll cruise past 10,000 career hitouts in about a month.

First to do it by a long way and Gawn would have to play 4 more full years to get near him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back