1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

On my walk today just after midday. streamed the SEN pre-match. David Schwarz has always been a fairly likeable bloke, while not having pretentions to being a genius. He was talking about his experiences of Anzac Day footy and how footy taught him more about Anzac Day than school ever did. Listening to the veterans when they were invited to clubs, and the perspective he gained from it. Just a very genuine account of what he learned from it, with an emphasis on learning and making people better without any token jingoistic hyperbole.

Would it *en hurt sen sydney to give out the occasional AFL score update ???

Thought sen was 24/7 sport, not 24/7 NRL
And i don't mean jimmy *ing smith whining continuously about Toby Greene not wanting his kids to play rugby

Dunno what the reverse is like in Melbourne but geez

Would it *en hurt sen sydney to give out the occasional AFL score update ???

Thought sen was 24/7 sport, not 24/7 NRL
And i don't mean jimmy *ing smith whining continuously about Toby Greene not wanting his kids to play rugby

Dunno what the reverse is like in Melbourne but geez
Never heard any NRL scores on SEN other than full time Storm scores

Infantile petulance on both sides

You only have to listen to a show or two from either station. Her language used. “Our game”. Very much territorial. Then you’ll have people from both sides saying I don’t care about afl/nrl. Score update from either isn’t gonna cause end of the world. Even rsn provide repots of various sports.

You only have to listen to a show or two from either station. Her language used. “Our game”. Very much territorial. Then you’ll have people from both sides saying I don’t care about afl/nrl. Score update from either isn’t gonna cause end of the world. Even rsn provide repots of various sports.
Their lack of NBA progress scores are a joke too

Gerard Whateley will be calling the athletics at the Paris Olympics for Channel 9. Big feather in his cap.

I've never heard him talk track & field on his show, but no doubt he'll be doing his research and watching the Diamond League series now on.

For sure, his performance will get compared with Bruce McAvaney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerard Whateley will be calling the athletics at the Paris Olympics for Channel 9. Big feather in his cap.

I've never heard him talk track & field on his show, but no doubt he'll be doing his research and watching the Diamond League series now on.

His ego now is running out of control , god help us

Just on this, if you prefer to listen to the world feed commentary team (of which there are some Aussies commentating), watch the coverage of the Paris Olympics through the 9now app.

At least that's how it was during Tokyo and the 7plus app. I was able to watch things like the athletics and swimming with the world feed, instead of listening to people like Basil zempilas.

Not an NBA fan ??

It'd literally take 3 seconds

Whilst there are the occasional update, Its certainly not consistent. I agree its not hard to provide an update on a sporting event/match. Of course there are those who hold. the believe it should only report on AFL, which is an indictment on us as a society. We are bigger than that.

I listened to the Wisdom and Experience of Crash Craddock podcast. Not a single mention of Ange and Tottenham Hotspur. Gerard loves a bandwagon. Has he jumped off Spurs?

I normally like crash but his take on liv golf was so out of touch.

He said the dumbest and most inaccurate line I’ve heard in radio in a long time.

“If you surveyed everyone coming out of the gates at Flemington only 1 in 10 could tell you who won the Melbourne cup that day”

What a crock! Even people who are just there to get on the gas will be having a bet on the cup and they will know who won or lost especially if they backed it. At minimum I reckon it’d be 6-7 out of 10, not 1! His analogy was only 10% are at liv golf for the golf and wouldn’t know any players names.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back