10. Shane Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 Stats:
22 games 18.8 disposals 2.8 marks 3.4 tackles

210252.jpg

Season Highlights:
  • 25 disps (16 kicks 9 hballs) and 9 marks in 21 point loss against St. Kilda round 21
  • 28 disps (13 kicks 15 hballs), 3 marks and 8 tackles in 20 point win over Adelaide round 18
  • 25 disps (13 kicks 12 hballs), 8 marks and a goal in 19 point win over Fremantle round 15
  • 23 disps (14 kicks 9 hballs), 4 marks and a goal in 50 point loss against Adelaide round 7
Contracted until 2011.

Well. Slow start standard wise for Shane during the NABs but that said, he is finding the footy and taking them on and given he is a known slow starter to seasons for some reason I'm feeling he's going to be good again this season.

It might help if he fixes up that horrid kicking technique of coming around the footy though, that's just asking for grubbers.

terrible 2011. the leopard does not change its spots.
he reverted back to type having had a passable yr in 2010.
does not find enough ball, absolutely butchers the ball far to often, and is just too small.
regularly fails to play within his limitations, regualarly fails to play percentages, and lacks composure.

Terrible 2011 after such a promising 2010. Did not hit a target all year and probably the worst kick for goal on the run or from a set shot in the league .

If he can sort this out he'll ge very valuable to the side because he finds alot of the ball. If not he is growing and has a terrific motor so at worst I'd start training him up to become that number one tagger for the side as he'll hurt the opposition as well as nullifying a player.

Terrible 2011 after such a promising 2010. Did not hit a target all year and probably the worst kick for goal on the run or from a set shot in the league .

If he can sort this out he'll ge very valuable to the side because he finds alot of the ball. If not he is growing and has a terrific motor so at worst I'd start training him up to become that number one tagger for the side as he'll hurt the opposition as well as nullifying a player.

lol finds a lot of the ball. i must have missed those odd games where he got 20 plus touches in a game.

yep he has a motor its about the only thing hes got going for him. cant hurt a side if you cant use the ball well.
hess a small hes had 5 yrs and i know his skillset will not improve.i can just see him tagging bigger bodied players they will just run over him more than happens now.

i would take jeromey webberley over this dud.

5 yrs not enough for some it seems no they need the mandatory 7 yrs before the pennty drops. ahh only at richmond.

'Tich' switch

RICHMOND midfielder Shane Edwards has been known as 'Tich' for good reason. When he came over from North Adelaide he was so skinny he could fit down a drainpipe on the Punt Rd grandstand.

But now, after another summer of hard yakka in the gym and on the tooth, he's ready for a new nickname. Edwards has put on 7.5kg since last season, bringing his weight to 81.5kg.

edwards240a.jpg

lol and we know how accurate that statement is. how much did he weigh last yr . oh between 78 and 79kg i hear you say. so if hes 81kg he has put on a couple of kg this offseason turning him into an adonis. hhhhaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh.

so we go into 2012 with basically the same skinny poorly skilled runt we have had since 2007.

so we go into 2012 with basically the same skinny poorly skilled runt we have had since 2007.
Except 16kg heavier than 5 years ago, you massive, negative, bleating whinger.

Found his niche the past couple of weeks.

I still like him as a player despite his well advertised deficiencies. Very smart in traffic. Hopefully he goes on with it.
Ditto FCKX.

Still far from convinced on Sheds, never been a big fan purely because his disposal stands out like a sore thumb amongst the list we have assembled under Hardwick. Obviously has skills, namely his finesse in traffic, but in my eyes undoes a lot of his good work with his disposal by foot, particularly on the run. I suppose if he's limited to mostly half forward and deeper, there's not much to worry about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still turned over a couple of really straight forward passes. Is playing a lot better no doubt, and like him around the goals, but I don't think his kicking will ever be up to the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back