AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain) - Signed to 2030 - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you sure you watched the game?
Yes he played very well tonight, but didn't play on weightman at all. He was on west and VanderMeer.
Jake Kelly was the one who gave the little diver a bath tonight

Yeah I thought Kelly was on him most of the time
Make it 3. Kelly had him most of the time in defense.

He has so many elite traits but decision making with ball in hand and disposal really lets him down at times.
Those are the traits that matter to be an elite player in McGrath's profile, and he's a long way from even being good.

Trying hard and reportedly being a good bloke only goes so far.

He has so many elite traits but decision making with ball in hand and disposal really lets him down at times.

He and Martin haven’t struck the balance with taking their off the line kicks at the right time as yet.

Get it right and you unzip the whole ground, which he has done, get it done and you essentially always concede a shot in goal.

If this year is the standard of Andy going forward I can live with that number 1 pick and all. He got over another 500 metres gained.

Maybe that's why they moved him away from the last line. He got the ball up to the wing a few times by just running and just kicking it straight 35 meters off hb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 year deal being offered for McGrath. My oh my

good or bad for me depends on the $$$$$$$$$$$

id prefer we do 3-4 year, but if its 6 and the $ makes sense, i can live with it

Take what you want from this, but according to the data, of the 50 players with most kicks this season, McGrath rates 17th in terms of effectiveness. He’s also 5th in terms of taking kicks that would most likely result in a goal and has a positive retention rating when accounting for the difficulty of the kicks he takes

Don't make me tap the sign again guys.

Hope he signs. One of our best players. Yes it sucks using a #1 pick on someone expecting a mid who turned out to be a defender, but he is elite at his role.

McGrath has been really good this year. I’ve been harsh on him, in the past. The hate this season is abit surprising

Remove this Banner Ad

Back