Milne and Montagna Case Reviewed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milne and Montagna

I fear we will never know the truth of what really happened on that fateful night, for too much time has passed and corrupt cops have been all around this. Whatever evidence there was of this or the cover up by the cops, will be long gone.

They are going to review the evidence again apparently but no-one has been charged with anything, so they're probably okay.

I fear we will never know the truth of what really happened on that fateful night, for too much time has passed and corrupt cops have been all around this. Whatever evidence there was of this or the cover up by the cops, will be long gone.
Don't hold back or anything, feel free to hint at your true feelings...

Their names are muddied regardless of whether or not anything happened. This thread will only bring all that up again.

Surely... SURELY this thread will be locked.

C'mon Mods, earn your keep.

Don't hold back or anything, feel free to hint at your true feelings...

Their names are muddied regardless of whether or not anything happened. This thread will only bring all that up again.

Don't know why you are getting your knickers in such a twist, but if there was any police collusion, and these new findings substantiate that, then I am all for it.

Muddied waters = smoke and fire

Don't know why you are getting your knickers in such a twist, but if there was any police collusion, and these new findings substantiate that, then I am all for it.

Muddied waters = smoke and fire

i have no doubt there was. We all know how corrupt vic police are. But whatever, there's nothing we can do about it now. Especially when it involes a popular business entity like the saints.

Crime wins again.

Why? Its in the news as long as no one makes assumptions then there should be no issue.

Remember this is a review of the investigation and how it was conducted, not a review of the decision not to prosecute.

Whole situation sucks.

Even if they are innocent, the apparently flawed investigation means people will always doubt the legitimacy of it all.

This.

I am happy that they are going to look at the evidence again. There's absolutely nothing wrong with looking at a case again. It should be encouraged for more police cases where the investigation looks sus or inadequate.

Hopefully this will clear milnes name once and for all.

This.

I am happy that they are going to look at the evidence again. There's absolutely nothing wrong with looking at a case again. It should be encouraged for more police cases where the investigation looks sus or inadequate.

Hopefully this will clear milnes name once and for all.
I get the feeling though this is more about proving or disproving any police involvement in tampering with the case than revisiting the case.

The only way Milne and Montagna to a lesser extent will be cleared if it's proven there was no evidence tampering. It seems strange that this is being re investigated now that it's all done and dusted unless there is some evidence of corruption... but that's just my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling though this is more about proving or disproving any police involvement in tampering with the case than revisiting the case.

really? if so WTF have they been doing the last two years

surely it doesnt take 2 years to work out if the evidence was tampered with.

the only way this thing will go away is the cops or OPI re-investigate the case completely and are given a deadline to hand down a decision.

btw people shouldnt believe everything they have heard about this case. i suspect the case isnt as straight forward as some would suggest (i.e. its not the same as the lovett or beams/mcarthy cases)

What if there was no evidence?
What if there was no cover up?

How do you know there was a crime?

What a lopsided, ill conceived post you have there.

Carry on with your smear pappy.

Why? It's in the public domain and legitimate topic of conversation. People will need to be careful and mindful of what they choose to say though.

Surely, surely you cannot just randomly want to re open a case and its evidence without providing some details or newly found evidence?

Why? It's in the public domain and legitimate topic of conversation. People will need to be careful and mindful of what they choose to say though.

Yeah that's fair enough. The start of this thread seemed very wishy washy but it appears to be a legitimate issue now.

I truly am sick of this whole saga and hope it can just be put to bed, regardless of what the outcome may be.

I just want it out in the open.

Yeah that's fair enough. The start of this thread seemed very wishy washy but it appears to be a legitimate issue now.

I truly am sick of this whole saga and hope it can just be put to bed, regardless of what the outcome may be.

I just want it out in the open.

Fair enough. I don't blame you.

Fair or not Milne will always carry the tag of alleged racist because there was considered to be insufficient evidence to get a guilty verdict. None of us know if the claims are legitimate or not and unfortunately in some ways for Milne he has not had a forum to put his innocence to the test.

That there are claims the investigation was botched, possibly deliberately, only serves to muddy the waters even further. Surely it's time Vic police sorted this out one way or another and stop dragging it out every year or so

What if there was no evidence?
What if there was no cover up?

How do you know there was a crime?

What a lopsided, ill conceived post you have there.

Carry on with your smear pappy.

More disturbingly, what if there was?

This whole thing just has a very icky thing about it. Like I said as a saints fan you don't have to worry the police are very powerful so none of us will know what really went down.

This thread needs to be careful.

Detectives spoke of a constant pressure during the investigation, but were adamant they didn't relent to it and presented a well put together case to the OPI.

Until anything further is said, this is a police corruption investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back