Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
rjft6p.png

Alternate history seems to be the flavor of the month on here. To take advantage of that (and to help me avoid revision), i've devised the Western Australian Commonwealth Premiership.

In this hypothetical universe, Western Australia never actually united with the other states. In essence, Western Australia is a separate country to 'Australia'.

The league was originally called the Western Australian Football Association, much like the original football league in WA. The WAFA was established in 1885. In 1900, the league name was changed to the Commonwealth Premiership - this was done to appeal to a more traditionalist base. The impression of 'this is the game of the commonwealth'. For history's sake, the league is slated as started in 1885, as the WACP inherited the WAFA history.

There are 14 clubs. Each fortnight, I will devise a template of a club. A fair majority of these teams will be clubs that have existed. You'll be given a location, (sometimes) a colour way, an original date, and a name to include (eg: a Subiaco team may have to have the word 'Subiaco' in it, whereas East Fremantle could be 'East Fremantle' or 'Old Easts').

Originally, I was going to compose the entries myself. As previously mentioned though, i've in year 12, and I can't afford that time. So, i'm opening the competition up to everyone. How does it work? What do you submit? Are there rules?

• A home, away, and clash jumper. You can use Paint, Photoshop, Illustrator templates, it doesn't matter. What does matter though is that all three strips are compiled in one image.
• A history on the club. Underneath can be anything. Include interesting facts, memorable moments, takeovers, jumper changes, whatever. Try and keep it below three paragraphs, though.
• The white away short rule never existed. This means a club can have the exact same uniform both home, and away.
• Clash kits are not necessary. However, if you don't have a clash, you must have an away (that's different to the home).
• Do not theme your club via takeovers. You are given the information, you can expand upon it, but please don't say "In 1944, (club) moved from (town) to (city)".
• The jumper you design is the CURRENT jumper of the club. That means, what the team would wear in 2011.

CLUB LIST
West Perth Football Club - "Wests" (Entries / Poll)

Additional note - if someone could resize the shield atop the logo, that'd be appreciated. It's to be the size of the AFL logo on other templates.

This is going to start tomorrow. I've got an exam in the morning, but i'll open the thread around 2pm. Hopefully some more designers jump on board when actual designs are presented.

Is this alright? The first round might have a delayed deadline, if that's cool.

Mocks 'only'. Still feeling pretty sick and nervous about it... should probably revise more, rather than sitting on forums and listening to the Pitchfork best new music.

I'm definitely in! Love the whole "WA never joined the Federation" story, which wasn't that far from being the case in reality.

I'll try and post a small version of the logo ASAP too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aye, there'll be room alright. It's just any jumper entered between the start, and end date, goes into the vote.

The first entry should be up in an hour or so.

The jumper set you present is the jumper set hypothetical club would hypothetically wear in season 2011.

Also, the 'WAFC' thread is just a massive f*ck up by me. I titled the thread (obviously) wrong. How can I change the title? Can a mod do it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back