Box Hill Hawks
v
Port Melbourne

Saturday 2 April
@ Box Hill City Oval
Seniors at 2:00pm
Development Squad at 11:00am
Radio 94.1FM 3WBC

Welcome to the 2011 season for the Box Hill Hawks. Both teams have shown great promise in the preseason and as Big Footy Hawks (Hawthorn and Box Hill) we are certainly pumped for a successful year. Get on down to Box Hill City Oval to cheer on the boys this year and let's create a fortress like home ground advantage.

Come and see the emerging Hawthorn and AFL stars as they develop in what is certainly one of the best breeding grounds that AFL footy has produced in recent years.

Enjoy the family and friendly supporter atmosphere, make Box Hill a place to take your loved ones and mates in more relaxed surroundings or alternatively, join the President's Club lunch.

2011 Box Hill...your team, your club, your favourite place to be (when Hawthorn aren't playing).

Teams should be through on Thursday night.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!!
Go Box Hill Hawks!!

ROUND 1
Box Hill Hawks
v
Port Melbourne

Saturday 2 April
@ Box Hill City Oval
Seniors at 2:00pm
Development Squad at 11:00am
Radio 94.1FM 3WBC

Welcome to the 2011 season for the Box Hill Hawks. Both teams have shown great promise in the preseason and as Big Footy Hawks (Hawthorn and Box Hill) we are certainly pumped for a successful year. Get on down to Box Hill City Oval to cheer on the boys this year and let's create a fortress like home ground advantage.

Come and see the emerging Hawthorn and AFL stars as they develop in what is certainly one of the best breeding grounds that AFL footy has produced in recent years.

Enjoy the family and friendly supporter atmosphere, make Box Hill a place to take your loved ones and mates in more relaxed surroundings or alternatively, join the President's Club lunch.

2011 Box Hill...your team, your club, your favourite place to be (when Hawthorn aren't playing).

Teams should be through on Thursday night.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!!
Go Box Hill Hawks!!​

I'm there

Will be there for the senior game. Those sausages have got me hooked :p

RD, since you're back in town were you going to take care of the quarterly score updates on the BH facebook page or did you want me to do it again? No hassles either way, not wanting to step on your turf that's all :thumbsu:(remembered you mentioning you'd be in Adelaide last weekend so figured I'd have a crack at it)

With the depth we've got this year, it will be good to see some senior listed faces most weeks.

Go for it spudmaster!! Thanks! In fact, the more we can get info out to Hawthorn and Box Hill fans, the better. I know from living overseas how great it is to get the updates through!!

Hi,
As luck would have it, I've been asked to become a Melbourne ambassador on Saturday and will have an international guest from Germany (to laugh at my bad German) and will be showing her around Melbourne which means I may struggle to attend the game now.

I'm not sure whether a 7am-1pm Melbourne tour will be acceptable to her so incase I don't manage a quick getaway, apologies.

Hi,
As luck would have it, I've been asked to become a Melbourne ambassador on Saturday and will have an international guest from Germany (to laugh at my bad German) and will be showing her around Melbourne which means I may struggle to attend the game now.

I'm not sure whether a 7am-1pm Melbourne tour will be acceptable to her so incase I don't manage a quick getaway, apologies.

Give her a tour of the Box Hill footy ground :D

Sweet, will do mate :thumbsu:

GH, love it! I'm not convinced it's what you would fly down from Germany to see but hey, who knows? If Hodgey is playing another week at BH she'd get to see one of the best footballers :D

Mr Hopkins, you must ask her how to say Hawthorn and Box Hill Hawks in German, the rest of the questions can come later :p

Of course guys the usual reminder....

Box Hill v Port Melbourne - LIVE on radio 3WBC Saturday from 1pm - 5pm

94.1 FM in Melbourne's Inner East

Streaming on the web at www.3wbc.org.au

... and possibly on hawthornfc.com.au

BACK FOR 2011 :)

P.S: I'm tipping Port to win by 10 goals :D

Pete - from 3WBC

Of course guys the usual reminder....

Box Hill v Port Melbourne - LIVE on radio 3WBC Saturday from 1pm - 5pm

94.1 FM in Melbourne's Inner East

Streaming on the web at www.3wbc.org.au

... and possibly on hawthornfc.com.au

BACK FOR 2011 :)

P.S: I'm tipping Port to win by 10 goals :D

Pete - from 3WBC

I'm tipping Box Hill hawks by 5 gls :thumbsu:

Hi,

Give her a tour of the Box Hill footy ground :D

Yes a perfect opportunity to get another international supporter:thumbsu:

Only Morton, Schoenmakers, Menegola, Johnson & Langford unavailable for selection from our full squad. Not a bad effort that.

Gilchrist, Pollard, Cass & Muston out, from the BH lads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams are in, although it does include some who'll play for Hawthorn. Good to see Max Bailey named again. He's moving along nicely.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ask=DETAIL&articleID=15294076&sectionID=60264

Is that how the usual BH squad is named? 7 players named that are in the mix for Sunday yeah?

I might trek down to BHCO on Saturday actually. I'm on the wrong side of town but considering I'm heading to a friend's in Hawthorn Saturday night I might as well take a packed lunch and venture to that side of the river. :thumbsu:

Interesting that Lowden is named at FF. Do the VFL play by the new 3 bench and a sub rule too, or do you think they are just playing Bails and Lowden like that to get them ready for the AFL rules?

Interesting that Lowden is named at FF. Do the VFL play by the new 3 bench and a sub rule too, or do you think they are just playing Bails and Lowden like that to get them ready for the AFL rules?

It appears to me that they run Lowden on the ruck then on the pine. Max goes FF, ruck then pine. Max will easily play as a forward target.

I wouldn't take much notice of where the players are lined up. They just place them anywhere and everywhere.

Anyone surprised that Bruest is named in the ressies?

Round 1 set for thriller as Hawks, Boroughs line up

TO judge from their past three matches, Saturday's season-opener between Port Melbourne and Box Hill Hawks will be compelling and compulsory viewing.

In last year's semi-finals the Hawks won by six points in a contest that was nothing less than enthralling in the second half.

Twelve months earlier in another semi, Port got up by three points. It was so thrilling that it dominated talk at the JJ Liston Trophy the following day.

Last year's home-and-away clash at the City Oval sandwiched the finals, and was a cracker, too.

The Boroughs kicked six goals to one in the last quarter to pinch a three-point victory, headed by Dean Galea's haul of seven goals.

Saturday, then, holds the promise of a sterling match when the teams kick off the new season at the City Oval.

Port coach Gary Ayres said both clubs would be eyeing top-four finishes and would be desperate to start with a win.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...boroughs-line-up/story-fn53khop-1226031887477

Breust is possibly coming back from injury and working his way into match fitness.

He only played 3 quarters in the reserves last week. Looked like a pre-planned thing.
That is good news,i just looked at the side and could not believe that Breusty was in the magoo's

Unfortunately can't make the game tomorrow. It's the wife's birthday and we have tickets to the Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show. :(

I'd appreciate it if a kind soul would post as to whether the Hawks bring back the jumping castle for the children. It was a big hit with my children last year and helped me to sell taking an arvo off from the house/garden chores to my wife.

The side that gets posted rarely means much (however I always find myself keen to have a look when its up!!) Lowden is a very capable forward whether he plays there or not is another point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back