Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Stanton would be struggling to get a game in our midfield and we have enough of Houli's type of players.

Walker & McKernan be good pick-ups, I suppose, and don't know much about Knights.

Knights would be great, but I'd rather keep our 1st rounder and play Ziebell/Wright/Warren/Edwards on the HFF.

Stanton would be struggling to get a game in our midfield and we have enough of Houli's type of players.

Walker & McKernan be good pick-ups, I suppose, and don't know much about Knights.

Houli is a beautiful kick. I'm all for improving our disposal skills, as long as the price is not too high.

Taylor Walker please

Would love to have both Walker and Hansen as key targets in our forward line.

Would give us the luxury of moving Petrie to CHB, where I personally think he plays his best footy.

The only thing is that I think we would have to give up the kitchen sink to get Walker, so i can't see it happening.

I can't see us be big players in trade week, i think BS will be happy to add to the list at the draft table and will only look to do some very minor deals.

Hale to the Suns for a 15-25 pick
On-trade pick to Crows for McKernan

Wouldnt mind Knights as well. Would be good for us. North type of player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hale to the Suns for a 15-25 pick
On-trade pick to Crows for McKernan

Wouldnt mind Knights as well. Would be good for us. North type of player

Just can't see them giving up 15-25 for Hale, but if any club was going to give up a pick that good it would be the Suns. Especially with them looking for mature bodies to compliment their young guys.

I don't thin BS will move Hale on, unless he gets an offer he can't refuse, wether it be a good pick or part of a deal to get a player he wants, especially since we may need to carry part of his contract if he is moved on.

Just can't see them giving up 15-25 for Hale, but if any club was going to give up a pick that good it would be the Suns. Especially with them looking for mature bodies to compliment their young guys.

I don't thin BS will move Hale on, unless he gets an offer he can't refuse, wether it be a good pick or part of a deal to get a player he wants, especially since we may need to carry part of his contract if he is moved on.

Going by all the hype the Suns will be a seriously amazing team within 3 years. They need mature KPP/Ruck players to compliment their plethora of young gun mids etc. Hale would be the perfect pickup for them and therefore worth that pick.

Would've thought that Urquhart was a Houli type. And he can't get a game.

Probably the most likely of the players named in this thread to be the subject of trade week action as far as we're concerned.

Appears to be playing like someone who's already mentally on the Gold Coast.

It is a good time to get a trade talk thread going. Reading the boards it looks as though the following names are in the hat for trades.

Shaun McKernan, Taylor Walker, Chris Knights, Brett Stanton and Bachar Houli.

David Hale seems to be the likely trade target from North.

I would be interessted in all 5 players for the right price. Walker would add some much needed X factor to the forward line.

Probably the most likely of the players named in this thread to be the subject of trade week action as far as we're concerned.

Appears to be playing like someone who's already mentally on the Gold Coast.

Isn't he contracted?

Isn't he contracted?

Yep he is.

I'd love Knights running around for us and Houli wouldn't be a bad late pickup if available. His kicking skills are exquisite. He's been a victim of Matthew Knights' revolving door selection policy and it hasn't helped that he's in a side which runs in one direction only...........forward. With better support around him he COULD be a good player IMO, and our forwards would be forever thankful that he's delivering them the pill lace out too.

Isn't one of the major criticisms coming out of the Essendon board that Houli is a bit soft, and sometimes squibs contests? If so, would he really fit into the Brad Scott coaching philosophy, where hard efforts are rewarded and softness is not tolerated?

I agree with the kicking disposal. If Urqs was to go to the GC, perhaps a ready-made replacement awaits in Houli.

I would be interessted in all 5 players for the right price. Walker would add some much needed X factor to the forward line.

I think a forward line with Walker and Hansen would be fantastic and something we could build around and that is before taking into account Aaron Black and his potential to become a quality key forward.

I wouldn't be against the club taking players from other clubs but only for the right price.

Our focus should be improving our position in the draft. If that isn't feasible then the likes of McKernan/Knights should come under consideration. Not sold on Houli.

We are creating a great culture amongst the current crop of youngsters. Getting 2 new 18 yo mids with good potential and submerging them in this culture should be our number 1 priority.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back