Player Sponsorship BF - MFC Player Sponsorships

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering if there has ever been a BF Melbourne board MFC player sponsorship before. I guess this is aimed at some of the old school posters like Supermerc, Bartram_Class, W=L, DM, Marns, Deestroy. I notice a fair few amongst other team posters on BF.

Also Mods can you explain how it would work (or how other boards actually work it out).

If it is feasable would anyone be interested in 2011?

GUERNSEY CLUB is the cheapest which is $1,100.

There are a few senior players this year who are not fully sponsored so we wouldn't have any trouble next year I would have thought.

I understand that someone would have to do a fair bit of work in organising and there may not be enough interest on our board to get enough coin. Just thought it would be good to put out there as a worthy cause going forward and given the amount of flack this board cops some times from other Demon supporter sites.

I reckon we do someone new, our first pick next year or a traded player, the reason is we should keep it up for a player :) Someone should do a nice research on the players and find one that should be a player for longer than 2 years :) (injuries permitting)

We tried to join in with the Demonland/Demonology player sponsorship a few years ago but there was literally zero interest here. This is something we can get back into if enough people are willing to contribute.

BF has a system for collecting money for player sponsorships, and I'm happy to do the legwork if enough people want it done. As part of the deal you would get a years BF membership and a token under your name to say you're a player sponsor.

Most boards have it set so you can contribute any amount (with a minimum) and any goods associated with the deal are given away randomly to those involved (with those paying more getting more of a chance to win)

So I put it back to you, who would be willing to put in? And more importantly, how much? I need to know ahead of time that we are a realistic chance to get enough. (Feel free to PM me if you don't want this information made public)

I'll start; $50 from me.

Deestroy that is great to hear, you the man! :thumbsu:

Having a mod facilitate proceedings I think would instill confidence in posters to contribute as it all is above board.

Purely as a hypothetical, if say $1100 pays for a Guernsey Club we could break it down into 44 $25 units (or shares). 1 share gives you 1 vote as to the player/s we sponsor (from a pool). In your case $50 gives you 2 votes. This of course means contributions in increments of $25 which may not be to some posters liking so this is only a suggestion.

IMO it would be great to have an exclusively BF only sponsorship, preferably a kid but that is up to a democratic process. (Can't beleive the Russian isn't fully sponsored though :eek:).

In any case I am happy to put in $50.

Get on board people, the sooner the better! Got a feeling that next year there may be less available sponsorships as people get on the dees bandwagon.

Can this thread be stickied?

id happy to minimum $50 up to $200 I would think :) depending on the player i may be more generous lol

id happy to minimum $50 up to $200 I would think :) depending on the player i may be more generous lol
This is why I thought a voting system would be applicable so that those who chip in more have more weight, 1 vote per $25 unit. There may be a prescribed system that the mods use for this though so I won't push it too much.:)

We're up to $200 already by the looks.:thumbsu:

Its a yearly sponsership right?

What sort of perks are we talking about. I didn't realise that you get the odd little bonus. I'd be in for $50 per year no problems.

We should sponser Wona just to see if Deestroy can fit his entire name onto the button :p.

AND we could all sit together every now and then and work up a chant and what not for player X. (this is mainly so I get myself more friends oppossed to the players ego from our surely wordy chant).

Exactly right Wise guy, a yearly deal.

This is what the $1100 sponsorship included this year:
  • Match worn and signed player guernsey.
  • Player signed team poster
  • Two player sponsor lapel pins
  • Invitation for two to exclusive player sponsor after-match function (It was after the Essendon game).
  • Acknowledgment of sponsorship on Demons website

The system RandB suggests for both selecting the player and being eligible for the goodies works for me.

Exactly right Wise guy, a yearly deal.

This is what the $1100 sponsorship included this year:
  • Match worn and signed player guernsey.

• Player signed team poster

• Two player sponsor lapel pins

• Invitation for two to exclusive player sponsor after-match function (It was after the Essendon game).

• Acknowledgment of sponsorship on Demons website

The system RandB suggests for both selecting the player and being eligible for the goodies works for me.

Sounds fair to me as well. Thanks for the info Deestroy.

Lets just hope we get enough supporters on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be interested. How would we distribute the signed jumpers and posters etc?

I reckon it a small competition would be good. Maybe the goal kicking one or something. There wouldn't be many people involved so it'd be easy to run.

Either make the money contributed a set price or give people pitching in more a greater chance of winning stuff. Maybe do $50 blocks so someone putting in $100 has two shots in each of the competitions.

I'd be interested. How would we distribute the signed jumpers and posters etc?

I reckon it a small competition would be good. Maybe the goal kicking one or something. There wouldn't be many people involved so it'd be easy to run.

Either make the money contributed a set price or give people pitching in more a greater chance of winning stuff. Maybe do $50 blocks so someone putting in $100 has two shots in each of the competitions.
As mentioned above, $25 blocks would be the go. So for $50 you get 2 chances, $75 3 etc.

My suggestion to spread the goods around as much as possible would be to rank the prizes, i.e.;

* Match worn and signed player guernsey.
* Invitation for two to exclusive player sponsor after-match function (possibly split in 2, everyone wants to hang around with a complete stranger right?)
* Player signed team poster
* Two player sponsor lapel pins (split up into 2 seperate prizes)

And each person is only able to win 1 item, so the winner of the jumper couldn't get anything else.

Anyway that's a secondary concern, first we need to get a minimum of $1100 promised before it's worth getting things in motion by contacting the club etc.

These players didn't have a Guernsey level sponsor this year: Jamar, Maric, Bell, Spencer, Strauss, Rivers, Macdonald, Meesen, Gysberts, Cheney, Jetta, Johnson, Healy, Blease, Martin, McNamara.

As mentioned above, $25 blocks would be the go. So for $50 you get 2 chances, $75 3 etc.

My suggestion to spread the goods around as much as possible would be to rank the prizes, i.e.;

* Invitation for two to exclusive player sponsor after-match function (possibly split in 2, everyone wants to hang around with a complete stranger right?)

And each person is only able to win 1 item, so the winner of the jumper couldn't get anything else.

Anyway that's a secondary concern, first we need to get a minimum of $1100 promised before it's worth getting things in motion by contacting the club etc.

These players didn't have a Guernsey level sponsor this year: Jamar, Maric, Bell, Spencer, Strauss, Rivers, Macdonald, Meesen, Gysberts, Cheney, Jetta, Johnson, Healy, Blease, Martin, McNamara.

Out of those I would prefer Blease or MacDonald, same reason as before, maybe Gysberts as well... didnt see him lol

Sounds fair.

So far it looks like we have at least $500 which is a good start. Not sure how much 'melbournemartin' nominated but we are on the way. I'd be surprised if we didn't get up to $1,100 at least given the number of passionate supporters on this board.

I reckon we do someone new, our first pick next year or a traded player, the reason is we should keep it up for a player :) Someone should do a nice research on the players and find one that should be a player for longer than 2 years :) (injuries permitting)
:thumbsu: to this.

Would be nice to get on-board someone for years on end. With hopefully new members jumping on board, we could even hope to jump up to the next couple of sponsorship levels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back