Next Wednesday's U18 Championship games moved from Ethiad

Remove this Banner Ad

albyplus

Senior List
Jul 2, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
The Wednesday Championship games have just been removed from Etihad Stadiumfor Wednesday.

It’s extremely disappointing for all a reasonable solution had to be found and this is it…

· Div 2 matches will have to be played at Visy Park on Tuesday 29 June – at 12.30pm (Qld v NT) and 2.30pm (Tas v NSW/ACT) - (4 x 20 minute quarters). For this game, to assist workload we would be comfortable for teams to play up to 25 provided both teams have equal numbers.
· Div 1 matches will be played at Skilled Stadium, Geelong on Wed 30 June – 12.30pm (Vic M v WA) and 2.30pm (Vic C v SA) - (4 x 20 minute quarters)
· There will be no AFLPA Parents information session, as schedule for 8.15am at Etihad on Wed.

Therefore, in fairness to the Div 2 teams who now have a day’s less break, we will reduce all Rd 4 matches to 4 x 20 minute quarters at Visy Park .

Source = AFL Talent Operations Manager
Should sack the bloody lot of them, how incompetent! And to have 25 players running around in an 80 minute game, they must be kidding themselves.

At least its being played in Melbourne, wouldn't have put it past the bastards to just move the whole thing to Western Sydney given their obsession with promoting the game up there!

Should sack the bloody lot of them, how incompetent! And to have 25 players running around in an 80 minute game, they must be kidding themselves.

At least its being played in Melbourne, wouldn't have put it past the bastards to just move the whole thing to Western Sydney given their obsession with promoting the game up there!

Shifter and His Mates really F--ked that up:mad:

Still rather be there live. Get a much better idea of player IQ's and there ability to recognise play.

Fair Enough and you see the Wider Game and what players do Off The Ball.

That's why I am going Tommorow:thumbsu:

Still good to have a Video Copy to watch those:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to watch live and a tape if I can. Its hard to pick up who is doing exactly what if the ball is a fair way from where you are sitting or you can't get the number. Its not like AFL players even where you can often pick them up by their running style etc.

I like to watch live and a tape if I can. Its hard to pick up who is doing exactly what if the ball is a fair way from where you are sitting or you can't get the number. Its not like AFL players even where you can often pick them up by their running style etc.

Very True and I do the same if I can for All Games that I want to see are Televised as You can miss the In-Close Action if you are at the Ground

Div 1 games still covered Wednesday, coverage commencing 12.30pm, first game at 12.35pm. Second game at 2.45pm.

Coverage ends at 5pm.

Thanks for the Info but I would hate to want to watch the Div 2 Games:mad:

Round 5 Update

Round 5 of the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships will culminate with four games over two massive days at Visy Park and Skilled Stadium as all eight teams will be on show. These games have been shifted from Etihad Stadium.
Come along and see the future of the AFL in action. You can also watch it on Fox Sports, 1116 SEN or follow the whole day online here at afl.com.au

Tuesday, June 29

Queensland v Northern Territory, 12.30pm, Visy Park

Tasmania v NSW/ACT, 2.30pm, Visy Park

Wednesday, June 30

Vic Metro v Western Australia, 12.35pm, Skilled Stadium

Vic Country v South Australia, 2.45pm, Skilled Stadium

Reading That makes me thing all games will be on foxsports

http://www.afl.com.au/nab under 18s/tabid/276/default.aspx

very disappointed i wont get to see tasmania in div 2, was really looking foward to seeing green and jacks little brother. in addition to steven may and anthony miles for NT and NSW/ACT respectively.

Good thing they moved them from idiot stadium ,you wouldn't want the cream of the AFL's next generation risking serious injury even before their careers have started playing on that landfill.

Will be bringing my nana blanket this time, to go with a thermos of cocoa.

A few club recruiters snagged the boxes at Visy, I got NFI where to go at SKilled, plus I tore my lateral meniscuc last night so stairs are now a bitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back