DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is the dedicated thread to all matters regarding Dream Team or Supercoach questions, including but not limited to the likelihood of youngsters playing games, their positional movements and so forth.

All DT/SC discussion is to be kept in this thread. DT posts in other threads will be moved to this thread and the poster will be given a yellow for their first offence. Further instances will attract a red.

Re: Post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach here

Question. Does anyone know of a website where you can plan your team at this stage (with proper prices and all) for Dream Team?

I got one off PIHL last year so I know they're out there, but I havn't been able to find one this year.

Is it going to be McKernan or Davis?

Dare I suggest both? Davis replaces Otten, McKernan replaces Sellar?

The question then becomes who does Bock replace? Presumably Burton, with a shuffling of the decks to smooth it all out.

I definitely think both, but in terms of which name is suggested more regularly by the coaches as a likely round 1 starter, Davis seems to have his name in permanent ink over Otten's spot on the list so I'd go for him, particularly as he hasn't played a game and should be cheaper as a result.

He looks slightly bigget in the upper body which is good. He got all the attention in the qualifying final and handled it very well.

How's Danger going? I would be good to go to one of the crows trainings this year to see how everyone is going but i'm mostly interested in danger.

Danger as a FWD would be a smart pick, I'm expecting an improvement of 10+.

I'm having a fanfooty/DTTalk-less year this season. I seem to go better when I'm not influenced by dumbasses telling me what to do. Better clarify: I'm not talking about Monty/Warnie/Roy/Calvin there, more the visitors.

Danger as a FWD would be a smart pick, I'm expecting an improvement of 10+.

I'm having a fanfooty/DTTalk-less year this season. I seem to go better when I'm not influenced by dumbasses telling me what to do. Better clarify: I'm not talking about Monty/Warnie/Roy/Calvin there, more the visitors.
The problem with getting adivce from places like here and FanFooty is everyone sees the advice

and a large amount of people will follow it, leading to alot of teams being very similar.

You need to have luck with having the best players from the few variables in your teams but it's hard to do that over a whole league of 16

It's best to go the way you want.

My first year I went the way I wanted and was ranked a measly 30,000 and was in the top 3 of my league

in my second year I followed the masses and did what the advice said. Went 60,000 or so and struggled to make the finals in all my leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I took 91st spot in 08, only discovering fanfooty and DT Talk late in that season, then I dropped a fair way last year.

FF is good for raw stats and BE's etc. and DT Talk's 'Calvin's Captains' is a good resource but I'll keep away from the forums. I tried not to follow any advice but it does influence you, you can't help it.

The only thing you can gain from forums, is an idea about who is going well in pre season (ie David Mckay)
Good call, there's plenty of useful info to be found on regular BigFooty boards where they're talking about training and the like, just not specific DT forums that are all about "who to pick".

I've been pretty much shithouse at Dream Team every season I've done it and will probably continue to be s**t at it for as long as I keep playing it :eek:

DT does involve a lot of luck but the more reading you do about each team and players the more chance the luck is going to go your way because you know more about every player in general. But it really depends if you want to take your DT to that level or not. Some people get into it much more then others (such as me, even from my first season before i knew about fanfooty and the auto scoring I had a calculator out and was adding up all my players scores before it had been updated because i got into it so much. Its only gotten worse since i have found fanfooty/dt talk/ bigfooty and all of that).

a little bit of luck. There is a lot of skill to DT (reading player role changes, tactics, who is in the 22, who benefits from team changes etc). I am willing to bet cmndstab that you are s**t at DT because you select alot of adelaide players?

Crows fans, can you try and curb your enthusiasm about Danger a little bit?:D
I am hanging on to some slim hope that he might be a reasonably unique pick as a forward this year, but I dont like my chances.
IMO he will be the best value mid price improver this year, a fair way ahead of Cotchin and West Coast's young brigade, he is gun of the highest quality and I cant wait to see him in action after a good pre season:thumbsu:

I actually don't see too much value at Adelaide this year, depending on which youngsters get picked. But Danger, Philly and Porsche will probably be the only ones I consider. Possibly Tippa or Tex...

Crows fans, can you try and curb your enthusiasm about Danger a little bit?:D
I am hanging on to some slim hope that he might be a reasonably unique pick as a forward this year, but I dont like my chances.
IMO he will be the best value mid price improver this year, a fair way ahead of Cotchin and West Coast's young brigade, he is gun of the highest quality and I cant wait to see him in action after a good pre season:thumbsu:

LOL

Danger will be in the top 10 most popular players this year, in almost every team posted so far on the DT board.

Nice thread BTW boys, helps your board and helps the DTrs / SCrs as well. Will be recommending one for the Dogs board.

QUESTION: I'm interested in the training report from 7/1 which had Armstrong / Cook / Sloane running the ball out of defence. None of these 3 would be locked in the best 22 I would have thought with only Otten's place available from last year. Most likely it goes to Davis /Sellar.

So who will be the likely go to out of defence this year?

a little bit of luck. There is a lot of skill to DT (reading player role changes, tactics, who is in the 22, who benefits from team changes etc). I am willing to bet cmndstab that you are s**t at DT because you select alot of adelaide players?

That's not very nice!:thumbsdown: I'd much rather have more crows players in my team than players from your mob down the road:rolleyes:.

That's not very nice!:thumbsdown: I'd much rather have more crows players in my team than players from your mob down the road:rolleyes:.

Even balance is a good thing ;) Otten was good last year, Hartlett was good. each club has players to look at, i was just saying the most common mistake in DT/SC is to pick alot of players from your team and not look at others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back