mwalker

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2006
Truro, Canada
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers
Firstly, this is not for people to discuss links to TV sites online or anything like that and by now we should be beyond talking about that openly here.

I sent a "sternly worded" email to the AFL International Broadcasting department when the radio streams all shut down during the Dogs v Lions last week.

They have responded to me and APPARENTLY the Collingwood/Adelaide game last week could have been watched on the TSN ondemand channel. For me in Nova Scotia that is channel 200 (with Eastlink). I have not been home to check it out yet, but that will change this afternoon.

I will, of course, update this (or anyone living in Canada can) when I get home and see what they are offering as I have been led to believe this weeks games should be on.

cool, nice to see they replied...

so the prelim and grand final should definately be live??

for the grand final, i'm trying to ask around.. because there is a strong aussie expat contingency here in Abu Dhabi so i'm sure some places must be organizing some grand final parties

the problem is a 2:30pm game kicks off at 7:30am my time so sports bars are usually closed.

what happened regarding the radio streams for the dogs v lions game?

The stream on the afl site was down for sometime. I don't think it came back on until the last quarter or thereabouts.

I just saw a friend downtown who works for Eastlink and it does not look promising for me atleast.

He knows about the TSN ondemand stuff and doesn't believe we get it here in Nova Scotia but I will still hold out hope until I get home. They have had stacks of people calling and asking about the afl in the last few weeks (not surprisingly) and he hasn't been able to help them at all. He doen't even think the satelliete companies get the correct channels for us.......:(

But he said he will get on the job now he knows I am looking for it so hopefully that bear fruit. Another option is what they call "sling boxes" over here in Canada. It is a box that you get a friend (someone in Australia would be best but someone in the USA would be good too as they get ESPN) to buy and they hook it up to their digital cable box. They also put in your IP address and apparently it is as simple as that. You then control the "sling box" via your computer and you can watch every single channel that they are able to watch on the computer. It does not affect them watching TV as it is not hooked up to that.

Sounds too good to be true and very very simple to do. The cost is around $200. If anyone does this or has heard of it I would love some feedback.

You don't get ESPN360.com? I watched last week live in Philadelphia.
Firstly, this is not for people to discuss links to TV sites online or anything like that and by now we should be beyond talking about that openly here.

I sent a "sternly worded" email to the AFL International Broadcasting department when the radio streams all shut down during the Dogs v Lions last week.

They have responded to me and APPARENTLY the Collingwood/Adelaide game last week could have been watched on the TSN ondemand channel. For me in Nova Scotia that is channel 200 (with Eastlink). I have not been home to check it out yet, but that will change this afternoon.

I will, of course, update this (or anyone living in Canada can) when I get home and see what they are offering as I have been led to believe this weeks games should be on.

Nah, the espn360 site is limited to certain internet providers. Unfortunately for those outside of the USA none of our providers have an agreement with espn360.

So it would appear my friend is correct. Eastlink in this part of the world does not have the TSN ondemand channel. Perhaps those that live outside of Nova Scotia might have better luck.

Once again I will have no other option but to turn to the internet again and rely on those that will broadcast the game there.

However the slingbox looks good for next year and hopefully the AFL will sort something out online then.

I have checked the TSN online demand stuff and still nothing. Searched under AFL, Aussie Rules, Australian Football, Australian Rules Football, Collingwood and got nothing (except for a heap of the tennis matches) in response.

This is the site the AFL gave me. www.watch.tsn.ca If someone has better luck than me give it a go.

God knows what the AFL are talking about, unless the game has already been taken off, but surely that would be too soon.

I have emailed the TSN site to see what they can tell me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back