Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
Abosolutely shithouse

Reading that you would of that we lost by 15 goals

A total lack of prespective

Im not one to claim where back in town at all either, I predict we'll finish bottom 4 without a doubt

But there were some encouraging signs against North. We moved the ball alot better and our skills although they hurst us sometimes, were an improvement on last year and we look a lot fitter.

I know 'supermacardo' acknowledges reveiws aren't his strong point so I ask him, Why bloody do them?

dee-boxed

Senior List
Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
Re: Demonblog review if North game

l actully liked it and thought it was a pretty good effort by SuperM. Made some good points. Not bad first effort really. Well done Super M

Spare me

Overall it was highly critical and negative with no perspective what so ever

And its not his first effort either

He blatantly has little knowledge of the game

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves

I knew the sunshine and lollipops faction would be reading - hence the disclaimer at the top of the post. If you want to live in fantasy land I suggest shacking up with the teeny boppers elsewhere.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

I knew the sunshine and lollipops faction would be reading - hence the disclaimer at the top of the post. If you want to live in fantasy land I suggest shacking up with the teeny boppers elsewhere.

Well where you got me was where you said there was a lot of North supporters, made me think you weren't even there.

dee-boxed

Senior List
Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal

You clearly have no idea about football

Im not living in a fantasy land, as I stated before I believe we are bottom four material

But you didn't take many poitives out of much improved performance.

Also, im not syaing im satisifed with our performance either particularly our 4th quater which demonstrated we have a long way to go. Playing four quaters of football is the benchmark of a good side IMO.

And your comment about the crowd? There were clearly more melbourne supporters there, as noted on the dees website we sold 500odd memberships on sunday the highest of any club in round 1.

Zvim

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I didn't watch a lot of Melbourne games last year but from the ones I did and the one last week I saw massive improvement.

I think the only real change that is required is the delivery inside 50, a lot of the long kicks were on top of Miller and Bate's head, it just makes it very easy for someone to come over the top and spoil. Long kicks to position or hot spots allows the forwards to run onto the ball and gives them a much better chance to take contested marks.

As to the crowd, I didn't think we had massive support there, to be honest was a bit poor from both sides, but the first round was quite long going from Thursday, F1 was on and early Sunday games are not massive blockbusters, had it been on Saturday night I think we would have got a much better result.

We really should be looking at 35-40k for our games, they have been low in recent years I think largely because there is no real hype and the media paint the games as an expected one way contest. Diehards will always go but half the supporters on any side are fickle and I think our clubs need to work on building up the contests, think of ways to promote them to encourage participation and supporting eachother.

Richmond and Carlton on Friday night show just what can be achieved with hype alone, they pulled double the crowd they would have normally just by building the game up.

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Having re-read it to see what all the hype is about I'm even more baffled. That wouldn't crack the all-time top 20 of negative and depressed posts. Are we supposed to accept mediocrity just because it's not as bad as it was? I don't expect to win anything ever but I expect more from experienced senior players.

Fact of the matter is that we could have won that game and only had ourselves to blame. If you want to take your immense football knowledge and dress that up as some sort of omen about the future then good luck to you, but don't expect everyone to come along for the ride.

ExTasDeeMan

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
NYC
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons
Well, it's been over 4 years and this is the 1st bad review.

Got to be stoked with that average. However, I suggest that Dee-boxed writes the next one to show his superior knowledge of football.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Maybe its a case of you get what you pay for hey Supermerc!

That said I don't read your review for in depth analysis of the game, thats why I bother turning up on the weekend and watching it my self so I can work out what happened.

I read your reviews for great lines such as the following:
They're currently being cared for (e.g electric shock therapy/having to watch Scott Chisholm's greatest hits on repeat) in a psychiatric ward.

First person to suggest throwing games to get picks 1 and 2 will be stabbed in the face.

Think of all the fun we had when we almost beat them in 2007 - you know, when Ben Johnson hit Daniel Bell so hard that he dislodged the part of his brain which allowed Bell to play good football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back