Remove this Banner Ad

Reasonable

Club Legend
Suspended
Dec 9, 2008
reason
AFL Club
Fremantle
Swannies do you think we could sticky this thread.

Basically it will operate simply to identify talent we believe is draft worthy, keep tabs on the player and eventually predict where we think they will go.

I think we have most clubs covered, Im sure myself and Tundra can cover the South Freo ranks, by all means anyone else who follows the doggies post your thoughts, you can cover the Swannies and respective followers of each team can put forward their own thoughts.

See how it goes for 5 rounds?

Re: Board Proposal - Potential AFL Player Watch

Reasonable, sounds like a great idea. :thumbsu:

Will sticky and see if we can get some good feedback.

• Banned

I'll mention two.

Corey Dellallio - Souths HFF/FP

- Tough as nails little forward who knows where the goals are and has a terrific work-rate off the ball. With the emergence of players like Rioli I think he will come on the radar for a few clubs if he can continue to diplsay his pressuring skills whilst snaring a few himself. Last night was a great game for him, but he's not going to kick 5 every week, and certainly not have the purple patch he had in the third, but should he continue to press and kick maybe 40-50 he'll get some attention. He's only 20 has solid figure and shouldnt need more than one pre-season to be AFL ready. His other appealling features are a strong set of hands and the ability to win the one on one contests 9/10 times.

Lewis Jetta I'll let Swannies handle this one. :thumbsu:

• Banned

Just a couple of kids from East's who impressed.

Mitchell Duncan - CHF - East Perth #46

17 years olds, looks like a very likley type. Has done some very nice things, set up a few and kicked a coupe himself. Probably needs some time to work on his frame, hasnt attacked the ball as hard as you would like but certainly looks to have enough talent to at least be considered. Was very good in patches last year for the colts side too.

Mark Hutchings - Follower - East Perth # 48

No doubt he'll be taken, he's a very talented clean ball winner who will be drafted. Always seems to have a little extra time than those around him, not overly quick but a smart footballer who finds space and plent of the pill.

Mark Hutchings is #48 ... Alex Hutchins is 21 yo recruited from West Adelaide.

Anyone know how Morabito, Lucas and Sheppard went in the EF vs Peel game?

Mark Hutchings is #48 ... Alex Hutchins is 21 yo recruited from West Adelaide.

Anyone know how Morabito, Lucas and Sheppard went in the EF vs Peel game?

Thanks jgb, I was getting confused, thankfully reasonable was talking about Mark, although Alex looks a decent player as well.

Morabito was decent for Peel today - Kicked a good goal and for a young lad playing on the wing he got a bit of the pill but not too much but disposed of the ball well and chased all day and has a good work ethic - Hopefully it continues!

I'm interested to hear about Daly as well ... 25 disposals, 7 marks sounds like he's really upped his engine/work-rate in the pre-season ... was he playing at CHF?

I would like to hear how Daly and Darling went on the weekend. They both kicked a number of goals.

I'm interested to hear about Daly as well ... 25 disposals, 7 marks sounds like he's really upped his engine/work-rate in the pre-season ... was he playing at CHF?

I know there was talk at Swans during the pre-season of getting his endurance up, because they think that's what will get him drafted this year. I should get out to see the colts v Subi this week, so try and make some observations.

Saw Darling play will just say he's the best junior foward I have ever seen.

God Gold Coast are lucky.

Butcher is talked up pretty big on the drafts and trading board, are you comparing to him and Watts?

Gold Coast are indeed lucky, because there is talk at Swans of 4 "guns" in that 16yo age group, plus Souths look to have a good crop coming through in the next couple, add Darling and some East Freo and Peel boys and it looks like there is a large bunch of very handy players.......and that's just from WA.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dellallio

- Had another brilliant game, at his creative best and again the most pleasing aspect again, was his chasing and tackling in the forward line.

Certainly helping his chances :thumbsu:

Swallow says hi, that guy "should" be a star in years to come.

If Daly has increased his fitness base (which all players should be doing) he would be a good smokie for a high draft selection. It will be good to hear your thoughts on him after this weekend Swannies.

Watched just over half the game today, specifically looking at Daly. In the first half he was forward and took some good grabs, stronger hands than last year. Not terribly involved in the game. Second half and I got the surprise of my life, he turned up in the centre at stages, but mainly playing off a HFF. I was surprised because he was very, very good in the centre, nimble and good evasive skills, reminded me of Blighty from last year. Roamed to the hbf to get kick ins and worked hard all over the ground. Kudos to the coaching staff for thinking of this, I hadn't, but I knew he was too small for KPP at the next level.

Other players I noticed today were:

Luke Bonnett, very, very good defender.
Sam Pullman, another very good defender.
Adam McKinlay, terrific mark but may need to develop more to his game??
Clint Garlett, boy did he look like Neville Jetta in the number 7?

And I think it was 15? Sheehan from Subi that impressed me.

Your knee pads well worn yet? :rolleyes:

Anyway, noticed there is another Bennell in the Peel colts squad, I might pop down and watch him this week.

Anthony Morabito and Lewis Jetta are absolute monty's for the AFL next year and Woosha was there yesterday and the bright yellow marker should be well and truly across those 2 names Woosh!! Jetta reminds me of Daniel Wells.

From a South Fremantle point of view it's good to see Dylan Bairstow, Anthony Collica, Lloyd Skinner and Brandon Matera make the provisional WA U 18's squad.

What position does Dylan Bairstow play? He looked like he was going to be a bit bigger than his brother last time I saw him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back