RAW, SmackDown! and ECW thoughts *spoilers obviously*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much in the vein of The Majestic's thread on TNA has become thought this could be a good thread for weekly thoughts on WWE.

RAW -

Santino - quality as always.

Some may feel they are dated but those DX X-MAS promos are hilarious.

Randy Orton really is 'evolving' into a great superstar, can get genuine heat without being s**t or resort to cheap heat on whatever town WWE is in.

ECW - Like what they are doing with Jack Swagger, stating the obvious here, but looks they are ready to give him a big Lesnar type push, expect him to take the title off Hardy, or jump to another brand like CM Punk.

SmackDown! - Well for this week will have to wait for tomorrow, cant wait for the return of Helms!......Im just saying' :D

Re: RAW, SmackDown! and ECW thoughts

I don't generally find Santino funny, but his antics on RAW this week were hysterical. He just oversells it all so beautifully. Awesome commentary as well (even if he did lose it a bit).

Both Jericho and JBL had high quality segments (Jericho actually had about 4 of them, he truly is excelling in everything right now). Threatening to have the person who touched him thrown out and telling no one in particular to "ask him!" were both genuine laugh out loud moments.

Oh, and Melina is gorgeous. As is Steph. And Beth. And Layla. And Morrison for that matter...

Unless they're working into something, Batista not coming down to help Cena is silly, because fans are meant to expect that from the face feuding with the guy beating down someone else. Should of had both Batista and Cena beaten down by Jericho, Orton, Rhodes and Manu to put the stable over more (although I don't think Jericho will be part of the stable).

The crowd was chanting for Batista as well, they missed a golden opportunity then. But it's alright, after Cena was nearly killed getting his head rammed through cement, he should bounce back with a good win next week.

Ziggler debuted against Batista and was impressive, very athletically gifted, though his gimmick is horrible (he kept screaming "My name is Dolph Ziggler" right throughout the match).

ECW - Like what they are doing with Jack Swagger, stating the obvious here, but looks they are ready to give him a big Lesnar type push, expect him to take the title off Hardy, or jump to another brand like CM Punk.
Agree that they are doing the right thing with Swagger. But I think he has to stay on ECW as he would be lost in the midcard elsewhere.

They've really got to start pushing Morrison as a singles competitor. Nothing wrong with him and Miz as a team but a split could do them both good. Miz himself has improved a fair bit also.
Morrison was a deadsey star when he was the champ.

Randy Orton is becoming the focus of Raw, and rightly so. I really missed him.
Spot on

Ziggler debuted against Batista and was impressive, very athletically gifted, though his gimmick is horrible (he kept screaming "My name is Dolph Ziggler" right throughout the match).
Ziggler was far more impressive then Batista in this match.

I think they've handled Morrison well enough. He started off great as a singles guy after MNM, but things kinda tailed off and he got kinda stale (as Nitro). Putting him with the Miz has worked wonders, and they'll gradually begin to push him soon.

I think when he does get that singles push, he should get some ridiculous heat. Should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jericho is really one of the most skillfull on the mic. Good to see randy beat the s**t out of cena. I think cody rodes will become a lot like randy i dont mind him but dont really like manu

Jericho is really one of the most skillfull on the mic.

Jericho is getting better by the week. Didn't think he would be able to successfully pull off an non Y2J heel character, but he truly is a great old school type heel that doesn't resort to cheap heat.

Thought the Kane/Kelly Kelly segments were given a bit too much TV time but I like how they are pushing him as a mental monster more so than physical.

Raw needs more Santino! :D

browse.php

Probably not worthy of its own thread but a couple of thoughts from this week's RAW. (If you are waiting for the weekend replay, you probably shouldn't be in a thread about RAW in the first place ;))

Firstly, are they reinventing the creepy Kane/Lita storyline using Kelly Kelly? This actually seems even creepier this time around. Thoughts?

Also the 4 matches next week involving former champions with the winners in a fatal 4 way the following week with the winner to face Cena for the title.

Had to think for a moment who the 8 former champions were but it highlights again how RAW are stacked with more big names when they don't have injuries.

Was thinking about how they will structure these matches to fit in with existing storylines, and who they would want in the fatal 4 way.

I believe that Jericho and Batista will stay on the fringes of the title so will make it through the elimination matches, Orton likewise as the main heel. The 4th will be JBL. This is how I think it will go down.

Jericho v Rey Mysterio - Jericho to win with interference by Mike Knox
Orton v CM Punk - Orton to win with interference by Rhodes/Manu
Batista v Kane - Kane to self destruct and get disqualified
JBL v HBK - JBL to win in a walkover as HBK is ordered to lay down for the pin or not fight back

Have also considered Kane beating whoever Kelly Kelly is supposedly seeing (maybe Punk) but can't decide who would miss the 4 way out of the four winners I have here. It will be a long show with four main events so I can easily see them doing the JBL/HBK forfeit.

Any other predictions?

Have also considered Kane beating whoever Kelly Kelly is supposedly seeing (maybe Punk) but can't decide who would miss the 4 way out of the four winners I have here. It will be a long show with four main events so I can easily see them doing the JBL/HBK forfeit.

Any other predictions?

Long shot, but Im thinking with the amount of time they gave to Kane on RAW, we could see Kane making it through to face Cena, thus possibly revealing Cena as the BF.

Hopefully lead to a title match at the Rumble.

Liked the boos Kelly Kelly got when she slipped out of the ring, dont really have much time for her (yeah she is smokin') but has sub standard in ring ability and does nothing on the mic.

Really have to hand it to Kane for sticking with the E.

Given a shitty dentist gimmick when first started, same repeated 'woman/tag partner' turning on him storyline, and all he has to show for it is a 24 hour WWE title reign. (Cant count the ECW title IMO)

Hopefully they give him a WHC title run soon as it really doesnt work him being the monster all the time just to put other people over.

Hopefully they give him a WHC title run soon as it really doesnt work him being the monster all the time just to put other people over.
I was under the impression he was happy to put people over as he is planning on retiring anyway. Not sure where I read that though, probably on BF.

The matches for next week are:
Jericho v Punk
Orton v Batista
HBK v Kane
JBL v Rey

And the winner of the Fatal Four-way gets their shot at the Rumble

The matches for next week are:
Jericho v Punk
Orton v Batista
HBK v Kane
JBL v Rey

And the winner of the Fatal Four-way gets their shot at the Rumble

Wow, that mixes it up a bit. Not sure of the logic there.

Jericho will beat Punk
Orton will beat Batista with interference
JBL will beat Rey with the Knox interference

HBK vs Kane is an interesting one. HBK is not going out with Kelly Kelly so maybe Kane will lose it and go chasing someone and get counted out.

This will leave 3 heels and 1 face in the pocket of a heel however.

I really can't see Orton or Jericho losing although Steph might be making Jericho a deliberate lower carder for a while.

Somewhere JBL and HBK will have to come into contact, with HBK allowing JBL to win or helping him win. His pride and fightback won't come for months yet.

Jericho is getting better by the week. Didn't think he would be able to successfully pull off an non Y2J heel character, but he truly is a great old school type heel that doesn't resort to cheap heat.

Thought the Kane/Kelly Kelly segments were given a bit too much TV time but I like how they are pushing him as a mental monster more so than physical.

Raw needs more Santino! :D

browse.php

Hopefully Kane can be a tweener that feuds with both faces and heels. I didn't mind the Kane/Kelly Kelly thing because they were short segments running throughout the show. When you look at a wrestling show, especially WWE (I will admit this is where TNA TV is better than WWE) all the segments are independent of each other, at least in this case there was a running story throughout the show that kept you tuned in.

I was under the impression he was happy to put people over as he is planning on retiring anyway. Not sure where I read that though, probably on BF.
Ive read this too, he was offered a WHC reign but he knocked it back supposedly instead wanted to continue pushing young talent

Ive read this too, he was offered a WHC reign but he knocked it back supposedly instead wanted to continue pushing young talent

See this where it gets the point to where WWE are so predictable in their storylines, and the 'magic' if you will of pro-wrestling is lost.

That's why Jericho, HBK, Randy are so popular at the moment, they make you forget wrestling is fake, and is why they'll get cheered no matter what they do.

It's why any superstar that diverges off that line like Cena (with the forced marketing to kids) Triple H's overly long WHC title reign on RAW around 02-04 (the whole sleeping with the boss's daughter thing) will get the wrath of the fans and the IWC.

Foley said it on a DVD once something along the lines of 'Our fans expect the unexpected'.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back