Does anyone outside of Carlton rate their kids?

Remove this Banner Ad

With quite a few high draft picks in the last 5 years and even more to come this year, I'm just wondering if anyone else rates Carltons kids?

We all know they do but just curious about everyone else.:)

Gibbs, Murphy, Kennedy, Walker, simpson, Fisher, Kreuzer, Pick 3 , Grigg, Hampson, Waite, Russell, Hartlett, O Hailpin

Gibbs, Murphy, Kennedy, Walker, simpson, Fisher, Kreuzer, Pick 3 , Grigg, Hampson, Waite, Russell, Hartlett, O Hailpin

We have just as many kids and 2nd or 3rd year players and we have a home qualifying final.

Blues will beknow as "the list" in another couple of years.

Thing is, unlike StK, we'll win something of importance, rather than realeasing a DVD about winning 10 games in a row

Gibbs alright, Murphy star, Kennedy dud, Walker alright, simpson good, Fisher LONG ARMS, Kreuzer hasn't played a game, Pick 3 hasn't played a game, Grigg who, Hampson alright, Waite star, Russell alright, Hartlett who, O Hailpin alright

btw it said OUTSIDE OF CARLTON

Not developing them at all, probably as good as anyones on paper. I will use an example from Pies who a have no. 63 draft pick nominated for Rising Star! Now thats what we're talkin about!

Gibbs and Murphy are obvious stars of the future, particularly Gibbs.
Kennedy looks more a KD than a CHF to me.
Far too early to make judgements on the likes of Grigg, Austin and Hampson, though I like the little I've seen of Grigg so far ..
Blokes like Edwards and Bower will be asked to take a step up in '08 you'd think.

Simpson, Carazzo and Bentick get the best out of themselves; the same can't be said for Walker or Russell, who, to be fair, can probably still improve.

Throw in Kruezer and you have the basis of an excellent midfield; they need to recruit some guns down the spine though, and they dont fall off trees do they .. I'd take the Blues list over the Tigers at least ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've seen this year
Waite is a good player and will continue to improve
Murphy is all class
Gibbs whilst not having the same impact as Murphy did in his first year had a solid season and will become a good player
Simpson is a solid player who will improve (needs to put on some kgs)
Carrazzo - breakout year for him (needs to put on some kgs)
Bentick - a lot of Carlton folk don't rate him but he's been one of their most consistent this year

Jamison, Bower and Jackson have all impressed. It's not Carlton's kids that are the problem its their senior players (and lack of them)

Thing is, unlike StK, we'll win something of importance, rather than realeasing a DVD about winning 10 games in a row

talking shit. your list will be ok in a few years but nothing to write home about. wont be as good as st kildas list which should have won a prem but didnt.

i reckon theres about 7-8 teams in a better position with their youth. and no i am not counting richmond in those.

Good lord BigFooty is a hive for people with little clue about about football itself.

Of course West Coast and Collingwoods kids look better.

They have a good senior base of players surrounding them to make them look great.

Lifes alot easier when you can run around the ground an unmarked player.

Marc Murphy in another team would look even better than he does at Carlton.

How many other 19 y/o often get the oppositions #1 tagger?

Good lord BigFooty is a hive for people with little clue about about football itself.

Of course West Coast and Collingwoods kids look better.

They have a good senior base of players surrounding them to make them look great.

Lifes alot easier when you can run around the ground an unmarked player.

Marc Murphy in another team would look even better than he does at Carlton.

How many other 19 y/o often get the oppositions #1 tagger?

Stop creating a smoke screen for your average stock.

From what I've seen this year
Waite is a good player and will continue to improve
Murphy is all class
Gibbs whilst not having the same impact as Murphy did in his first year had a solid season and will become a good player
Simpson is a solid player who will improve (needs to put on some kgs)
Carrazzo - breakout year for him (needs to put on some kgs)
Bentick - a lot of Carlton folk don't rate him but he's been one of their most consistent this year

Jamison, Bower and Jackson have all impressed. It's not Carlton's kids that are the problem its their senior players (and lack of them)

people keep on thinking that waite is young player, but he is 24 and was in the 2001 draft with the likes of judd, abliet and hodge. This is about as good as he gets.

Is that something of importance another NAB Cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back