Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders
Logo.jpg

Richmnond Football Club In Turmoil​

As reported earlier the Richmond Football Club is without head coach Terry Wallace who has suffered injuries in what can only be described as a freak solorium accident. Leaving him resembling the comic book character Spawn.

Specatulation now arises as to who will lead the Tigers into the 2006 season, also in another twist the support coaching staff also need to be replace as the contracts state that they can only remain at the club whilst Wallace is there. Work that one out folks.

Richmond president Gary March was not available for comment but did release a media statement through some club lacky that the Richmond Football Club wishes Terry Wallace all the best in his recovery and that the club will do everything in it's power to find the best available coach.

richmond.gif

Richmond Find Head Coach

The search for Richmonds new coach is over with the board recruiting as fresh unknow I Rock. This decision was meet with what can only be described as surprise times infinity by the media and mass anger from Richmond supporters.

Gary March said that the appointment of I Rock was fully supported by the board and that He and I Rock would meet with the media latter in the week after the two of them had a chance to address the playing group.

March who had heard I Rock when he called up the radio sports network SEN and had giving a slurred and colourful soapbox spill on how he would approach coaching the Tigers; was impressed with his ideas and called him in for an interview.

March's radiowave impression of I Rock was only strengthend when they meet in person and March asked I Rock to present a formal proposal to the rest of the Richmond Board.

richmond.gif

Media Transcript From Interview

So I Rock what football credentials do you have to offer the Richmond Football Club

Well as some of you may be aware I did win the Best and Fairest for my club in my last year of Under Eighteens

Yes but that award is not like winning the Brownlow

So what, even Woowodin won a brownlow. Has Judd ever won the the junior best and fairest at my club. No; so what's that telling you.

Moving along, now that you will be coaching the club you follow. Will you be able to be tough enough on them

I've got tattoo's, that should answer the question on just how tough I am.

What about team discipline, what will you be installing into the players.

First off, I will be removing any trace of metrosexaul behaviour from the club. That sort of behaviour is not only a blight on a the football world but on day to day society itself. Anyone from the club caught wearing a pink polo will be dealt with.

Lastely I Rock what will you be bringing to the club.

I'll be bringing the METAL, make no mistake about that.

End Of Transcript

richmond.gif

Peter Sumich Richmond Assistant Coach

The Richmond Football Club Today announced the signing of ex West Coast Full Forward Peter Sumich as the clubs new assistant coach. They also wished to advise the Richmond Members that Medical and Recruitment staff had also been appointed.

Pre Season

After an uneventful pre season Richmond kick off the Home and Away season with their round one clash against Melbourne on Friday Night. The coach is going into this game with a positive mind set and has asked the Tiger faithful to look beyond just the win loss ratio of the season, and to remember that the club is only in it’s second year of a five year rebuild started by Terry Wallace.

The team has been selected on pre season form, however the coach has publicly expressed his disappointment at the injury to P.Bowden sustained during a pre season practice match that will see him out of the side for the season.

richmond.gif

Round One Clash: Richmond V'S Melbourne. Friday Night Football

The team selection is as follows.

B A. Raines. D. Gasper B. Hartigan
HB C. Newman R. Hall. J. Bowden
C C. Hyde K. Johnson B. Deledio
HF K. Pettifer J. Shulz C. Hughes
F A. Krakoeur. M.Richardson N.Brown
R T. Simmonds S.Tuck M.Coughlan
I R. Tambling G. Stafford A. Kellaway G. Tivendale.

Q1 Score Richmond: 3 5 23 Melbourne 5 3 33

Coaches Notes. We missed some easy chances late in the quarter, Melbourne seemed to get used to the wet slippery conditions a lot quicker than our guys. Very impressed with Shulz so far, he dropped back early on in the quarter when Melbourne looked to be getting on top and helped stem the flow of there scoring. He went back forward towards the end of the term and was cleary the best up there as well.

Q2 Score
Richmond 4 5 29 Melbourne 13 4 82

Coaches Notes: Tearing paint off the walls at half time, the ball movement into the forward 50 is terrible and the defensive pressure inside our forward line and the ability for Melbourne to counter attack is embarrassing.
Not even the wet weather could save us, tried to go defensive from about half way into the quarter but that didn’t work. Melbourne’s ball movement is amazing. I may have to send Stafford out to throw around some “clumsy elbows’. Looking for a much better effort in the second half.

Q3 Score
Richmond 7 9 51 Melbourne 15 5 95

Coaches Notes: We dominated the start of that quarter kicking three quick goals. The run of half back from Raines and Bowden was great and our forward line began to get on top. To Melbournes credit they again shut us down and were able to kick a few goals of there own. Was impressed with efforts of some off our younger players. Deledio who hardly had a sniff for the first half took over on the wing and showed why he is an exciting prospect. Shulz again did some good things but gets lost for long patches in the game. We are getting smashed in the clearances and although I love the aggressive nature of the players we are giving away to many free kicks. (I however think that is a reflection on the game getting soft rather than our teams actions).

Final Score
Richmond 11 10 76 Melbourne 19 12 126

Coaches Notes: Very disappointing day all together, the team was beaten all around the ground and only a few players could put there hands up and say I beat my opponent today. The most disappointing factor is we had no one who stood up and took the game by the scruff of the neck. A few player bobbed up now and again but still it was the same old story, poor decision making and even poorer skill disposal. Tomorrows recovery session will revolve around the strained necks of our backman sustained as they watched a number of times the ball flying over there heads for a goal. Games are won out of the mid field and ours was mauled, forward defensive pressure also needs to be looked at.

Goals: M. Richardson 3, N. Brown 2, G. Stafford J. Shulz C. Hughes A. Raines
K, Johnson 1

Best: N, Brown, K. Johnson, M. Richardson, J. Bowden, S. Tuck

Injuries. Richmond None
Melbourne None

Reports: Richmond None
Melbourne: J White 4 Weeks (Elbowing)

Media Votes.
5 N. Carroll
4 R. Robertson
3 A Davey
2 K Johnson
1 N Brown

Other Results:
(13)Carlton 13.15 93 lost to (4) Fremantle 20.17 137.
(15) Collingwood 11.9 75 lost to (2) Hawthorn 20.10 130
(12) St Kilda 12.9 81 lost to (5) Bulldogs 14.8 92
(9) Brisbane 13.4 92 lost to (8) Port Adelaide 14.10 94
(7) Adelaide 14.9 93 beat (10) Sydney 12.19 91

richmond.gif

This week we face the Bulldogs in what I hope will be an attacking game of footy. I really think that our youngster can match it with there great talent of pups. And although I believe that as a team the Dogs are a year ahead of us in terms of development I think we can match it with them.

Team Line Up.

B:
A. Raines D. Gaspar B. Hartigan
HB: J. Bowden A. Kellaway C. Hyde
C: B. Deledio K Johnson R.Tambling.
HF: K. Pettifer J. Shulz C. Hughes
F: N. Brown M. Richardson A. Krakoer
R: T. Simmonds M. Coughlan S. Tuck

I:
G. Stafford, R. Hall C. Newman D. Meyer.

Out: Tivendale (Dropped)
In: D. Meyer

Q1: Richmond 5 3 33
Bulldogs 8 3 51

Coaches Notes. A real shootout that first quarter but for most of the time we were like a bloke who had copped to many nut shots and were shooting blanks. The Dogs came out firing and bagged a lazy three in the first five minutes to our credit we fought back and scored with them for the rest of the term. Big Richo best on ground so far with three goals. We lost N. Brown early to what looks like a broken hand.

Q2: Richmond 7 9 51
Bulldogs 9 4 58.

Coaches Notes.We dominated that term but just couldn’t kick straight. The Dogs snatch a late goal which hurt. Moved Deledio up forward which turned out to be a good move, he was able to create some real spark up there. Again the team is getting spanked out of the middle and at the stoppages. Our clearance count is way down.

Q3: Richmond 9 11 65
Bulldogs 10 9 69

Coaches Notes.It was the Bulldogs turn to kick poorly, we took over late what to that point was an even term. We are coming home with the breeze so hopefully we get ahead on the scoreboard and stay there. We started to get the ball out of the clearances late thanks mainly to Tambling who had a real purple patch for a few minutes.

Full Time: Richmond 11 13 79
Bulldogs 11 13 79

Coaches Notes.A pity we didn’t come home with the win, but a huge improvement on last weeks effort. The back line really stood up in the last few minutes of that quarter. All game we just couldn’t get good delivery into the forward line and the run of half back killed us. Mitch Hahn tore us a new one at Half Back and I was forced to tag him out with K Johnson in the last quarter. I hated having to do such a negative tactic but as it turned out was a big factor in us scrounging out the draw.

Goals: M. Richardson 3, A Krakouer K. Pettifer 2, (Can’t get single kickers game pooped itself. It has given a goal and stats to two players who weren’t even playing.)

Best: M. Coughlan D. Gasper R. Tambling T. Simmonds M. Richardson

Injuries: N. Brown (Broken Hand 4 Weeks)

Reports: None

Media Votes:
5 D. Gaspar.
4 A. Cooney
3 M. Coughlan
2 M. Richardson
1. R. Murphy

Richmond now sit in 13th spot the Dogs in 4th spot.

Other Results:
(16) Essendon 11.5 71 lost to (3) PortAdelaide 20.14 134
(15) Carlton lost to (2) Hawthorn 9.16 70
(10) Collingwood 20.19 139 beat (6) Fremantle 16.8 104
(12) Adelaide 13.8 85 lost to (1) Melbourne 20.9 129
(8) Brisbane 13.11 89 beat (7) Kangaroos 12.13 85
(14) St Kilda 12.10 82 lost to (11) Geelong 16.13 109
(9) West Coast 6.10 46 lost to (5) Sydney 16.11 107

richmond.gif

Round 3:
(13)Richmond V’s (16)Essendon

This week we take on Essendon who have not had a great start to the season, but can never be underestimated. Especially with there forward line. Hopefully we can generate enough run out of the middle and generate enough attacking play that there forwards don’t even become a factor in the game.

Team LineUp:
B: B. Hartigan D. Gaspar R. Hall
HB. A. Raines A. Kellaway J. Bowden
C K. Johnson B. Deledio R. Tambling
F: D. Meyer M. Richardson A. Krakoeur
R: T. Simmonds M. Coughlan S. Tuck
I: G. Stafford D. Polo C. Hyde C. Newman

In. D. Polo
Out N. Brown (Injured)

Q1:
Richmond 2.5 17
Essendon 5.6 36

Coaches Notes: Not much to say about that term except disappointment in all aspects of the ground. Not happy jan.

Q2:

Richmond 5.8 38
Essendon 11.8 74

Again beaten in all areas of the ground. Although the conditions don’t suit I’m going to tell the boys to go out and attack at all cost. Injuries to Meyer and Shulz have not helped the cause.

Q3:
Richmond 5.9 39
Essendon 17. 14 116.

One lousy point, five minutes into that quarter it was clear that attack was not going to work. As the Don’s kept slamming the goals on I had to turn 180 degrees and shut up shop. C. Hughes came off with a back injury so now we are down to one fit player on the bench. The forward line is shot to bits, even when we get the ball in there it comes out even quicker.

Final Score:
Richmond 5.13 43
Essendon 17.17 119

Spanked is the only term to use at this point.

Goals:
C. Hyde S. Tuck K. Johnson K. Pettifer G. Stafford 1.

Best: T. Simmonds M.Coughaln S. Tuck K. Johnson B. Delidio

Injuries:
Richmond
D. Meyer (Corked Thigh 1 week)
J. Shulz (Strained Quadricep ! Week)
C. Hughes (Back 3 Weeks)

Essendon None

Media Votes:
5. A. McPhee
M. Coughlan
3 M. Johnson
2. D. Fletcher
1. B. Stanton

Richmond now sit in 16th place whilst the Bombers have moved into 9th place.

Other Results:
(5) Melbourne 10.13 73 lost to (2) Bulldogs 17.16 118
(14) Adelaide 10.7 67 lost to (6) Fremantle 11.9 75
(10) St Kilda 19.15 129 beat (4th) Hawthorn 19.8 122
(15) Collingwood 11.8 74 lost to (3) Kangaroos 29.15 189
(8) Sydney 13.11 89 lost to Brisbane 14.15 99
(13) Geelong 11.15 81 lost to (12) Carlton 16.8 104

richmond.gif

Round Four.
(15) Collingwood V’s (16) Richmond. Friday night Football.

So this week we take on the second worse performed team of the season so far the Pies. Collingwood always get great crowds especially on Friday nights. Hoping we get a strong turn out of the Tiger faithful. Important we play well not just in the context of the season but also in context of the club itself. Friday night a big TV audience and a chance to prove something to our fans. As all who follow football know Richmond has a massive supporter base waiting in the wings, hopefully we can start to get them out of the wood work with some on field success.

Team Line Up.

B: C. Newman D. Gaspar R. Hall
HB: J. Bowden A. Kellaway B. Hartigan
C. R. Tambling S. Tuck B. Deledio
HF: J. Oakley Nicholls A. Pattison K. Pettifer
F: A Krakoeur M. Richardson C,. Hyde
R: T. Simmonds M. Coughlan K. Johnson
I T. Knobel N. Foley D. Polo A. Raines

In:
A Pattison, J. Oakley Nicholls, N. Foley T Knobel.
Out: J Shulz (Injured) C. Hughes (Injured) D. Meyer (Injured) G. Stafford (Dropped)

Q1:

Richmond 1.3 9
Collingwood 6.3 39

Collingwood got the jump on use early kicking four early goals, we were able to slow the game down and peg on back but a late goal to them really hurt. Hopefully we can start to get on top and eat away at their lead.

Q2:

Richmond 4.10 34
Collingwood 11.5 71

Although we dominated possession that term we just couldn’t get the job done on the scoreboard. Again I had to move K. Johnson to half forward to tag out a half back flanker. Prestgiacomo was killing us from that position, since moving Johnson there Presti has not had a sniff and it really put a dint in Collingwood run off the back line. Again not happy with having to use such negative tactics.

Q3:

Richmmond 12.11 83
Collingwood 16.7 103

A much better quarter there, however the Pies always seemed to be able to sneak one back when they needed it. I dropped Hall back as a spare man in defense late in the first half. That quarter he really took over and created a lot of run out of the back line but more importantly was able to stop a lot of inward ball from the Collingwood midfield. At last our forward line seemed to gel.

Final Score:
Richmond 15.14 104
Collingwood 19.11 125

Disapointed in the end result but happy with the way the team played in the second half. K. Johnson again did a wonderful job, not only did he take Presti out of the game but got a lot of the pill himself. Most impressed however by some of the younger players. Although they may not have dominated the game in certain patches they were magnificent. Certainly gave the Tiger faithful a look inot what could be a very good future.

Goals: M. Richardson A Pattison 3. K. Johnson 2. C. Newman J. Oakley-Nicholls, R. Hall. C. Hyde 1.

Best: K. Johnson M. Coughlan S. Tuck C. Hyde D. Polo

Injuries: Richmond
None

Collingwood None

Reports: Richmond K. Johnson (Charging 2 weeks)

Media Votes:
5. S. O’Bree
4. J. Fraser
3 B. Caracella
2. A. Didak
1. K. Johnson

Richmond now find themselves last on the ladder whilst the Pies have moved up to 12th position.

Other Re****s.
(13) Sydney 13.10 88 lost to (6) Essendon 15.13 103
(15) Carlton 16.14 lost to (8) Adelaide 26.10 166
(1) Bulldogs 17.9 111 beat (10) Brisbane 14.8 92
(9) Fremantle 12.13 85 lost to (11)West Coast 14.15 99
(4) Port Adelaide 10.12 lost to (7) St Kilda 17.8 110
(14) Geelong 11.9 75 lost to (2) Kangaroos 14.8 92
(5) Hawthorn 13.12 90 lost to (3) Melbourne 17.13 115

richmond.gif

Round 5. Richmond V’S West Coast.

To go all Buddhist like; surely things can only get better, because they can’t get any worse. We take on West Coast this week who sit in 11th place. Hopefully we can get our first win on the board. Being the only side not yet to register a win is a bit embarrassing

Team Line Up.

B. B. Hartigan D. Gaspar R. Hall
B .A Raines A. Kellaway J. Bowden
C R. Tambling B. Deledio C. Newman
HF: K. Pettifer J. Shulz C. Hyde
F A. Krakoeur M. Richardson A. Pattinson
R. T. Simmonds M Coughlan S. Tuck
I D. Polo G. Stafford D. Rodan G. Tivendale

In. J Shulz D. Rodan G. Tivendale G. Stafford
Out K. Johnson (Suspended) T. Knobel (Dropped) J. Oakley-Nicholls (Dropped) N. Foley (Dropped)

Q1: Richmond 3.2 20 West Coast 5.4 34

Coaches Notes: Their midfield got on top half way through that quarter and as a result they lead by two goals. We are matching them every where around the ground. Just need to find a way to negate there mid field run and generate some our selves.

Q2: Richmond 3.2 20 West Coast 9.7 61

We held on for half on that term but then the flood gates opened. Their mid field is a class above ours. To not score in a quarter is unforgivable. I think the next half I will attack at all costs and let the scoreboard take care of itself. I would rather lose the game aggressively.

Q3: Richmond 7.4 46 14.10 94

Coaches Notes: Still getting smashed out of the middle. That quarter though we held our own better than we have all game. I won’t change tactics as it’s good experience for the younger players to go one on one with players like Judd, Cousins and Kerr.

Full Time:
Richmond 13.7 85 West Coast 19.15 129

Coaches Notes: Our forwards finally started to win the ball and kick some goals that term. We were on top for most of that quarter a real shame and disappointment that we let them kick three late goals. After another loss I can see myself involved in a spit shower courtesy of the Richmond faithful. Most disappointing thing is J. Bowden a leader of the club getting reported the way he did last game. Shulz was a brain fade on his behalf and Raines was stiff, 10 years ago that incident would be highlighted as good tough play. I fear the direction this game is headed.

Goals:
A. Krakoeur, K. Pettifer, T. Simmonds, A. Pattison, M. Richardson2 S.Tuck J. Shulz 1

Best: A. Pattison, S. Tuck, J. Shulz, B. Deledio, A. Raines

None

West Coast None

Reports: Richmond J. Bowden (Elbowing 5 weeks) J. Shulz (Tripping 1 week) A. Raines (Charging 1 week)

Media Votes:
5. S. Tuck
4. A. Hansen
3 D. Cox
2. C. Judd
1. B. Deledio

Richmond still remain winless and sitting on the bottom, West Coast now move to 4th.

Other Results:
(2) Kangaroos 18.9 117 beat (13)Adelaide 10.7 67
(7) Collingwood 15.13 103 beat (9) Essendon 11.15 81
(6) Port Adelaide 7.6 48 lost to (11) Geelong 14.17 101
(10) Hawthorn 11.12 78 lost to (1) Bulldogs 17.14 116
(12) St Kilda 15.10 100 lost to (15) Carlton 18.15 123
(8) Sydney 27.10 172 beat (5) Melbourne 15.16 106
(3) Fremantle 18.9 117 beat (14) Brisbane 10.12 72

richmond.gif

Round 6 Richmond V’s Kangaroos. Friday Night.

The team is crippled with injurie and suspension, another Friday night game and another chance to show our supporters something.

Team Line Up:

B: B. Hartigan D. Gaspar W. Thursfield
HB: C. Newman A. Kellaway C. Hyde
C: D. Polo B. Deledio R. Tambling
HF A. Krakoeur T. Simmonds K. Pettifer
F N. Brown M. Richardson A. Pattison
R G. Stafford M. Coughlan S. Tuck
I. R. Hall G. Tivendale D. Rodan T. Knobel

In:
T. Knobel N. Brown W. Thursfield
Out: J Bowden (Suspension) J Shulz (Suspension) A. Raines (Suspension)

Q1. Richmond 4.2 26 Kangaroos 8.1 49.

Coaches Notes: The roos are just dominating possession, lucky we have taken advantage of the opportunities given to us.

Q2. Richmond 6.4 40 Kangaroos 16.3 99

Coaches Notes: It’s going to be a long night and an even longer season by the looks of things.

Q.3 Richmond 7.6 48 Kangaroos 22.8 140

Coaches Notes: Trying to generate run out of the middle but just can’t get is happening. Even when we get it into the forward line it just gets run out with ease.

Final Score Richmond 9.10 64 Kangaroos 27.14 176

Coaches Notes: We got spanked again.

Goals: A. Krakoeur, A. Pattison 2. B. Hartigan T. Simmonds M. Richardson K. Pettifer S. Tuck 1

Best:
T. Simmonds M. Coughlan A. Kellaway M. Richardson S. Tuck

None

Kangaroos None

Reports:
Richmond: R. Hall (Elbowing 4 weeks)

Media Votes:
5. D. Petrie
4. M. Richardson
3 S. Watt
2. J. Gibson
1. J. Rawlings

The Tigers still sit in last position without a win, The Kangaroos move to the top of the ladder.

Other Results:
(15) St Kilda 11.11 77 lost to (7) Sydney 21.14 140
(8) Fremantle 14.11 95 lost to (4) Melbourne 19.11 125
(5) Port Adelaide 18.17 125 beat (2) Bulldogs 16.10 106
(11) Brisbane 15.8 98 Drew with (10) Geelong 15.8 98
(6) Collingwood 17.12 114 beat (14) Carlton 15.11 101
(12) Essendon 15.15 99 lost to (3) West Coast 21.11 137
(9) Hawthorn 17.14 116 beat (13) Adelaide 16.4 100

richmond.gif

Round 7: Richmond V’s Brisbane.

Team Line Up:

B: B. Hartigan D. Gaspar W. Thursfield
HB C. Newman A. Kellaway C. Hyde
C D. Polo B. Deledio R. Tambling
HF: A. Krakoeur T. Simmonds K. Pettifer
F: N. Brown M. Richardson A. Pattison
R: G. Stafford M. Coughlan S. Tuck
I: J. Shulz G. Tivendale D. Meyer K. Johnson

In: D. Meyer J. Shulz K. Johnson
Out: R. Hall (Suspension) D. Rodan ( Dropped) T. Knobel (Dropped)

Here’s hoping we get our first real runs on the board.

Q1:
Richmond 3.3 21 Brisbane 2.2 14

Coaches Notes: Good even quarter that we were able to get on top off late. Brisbane dropped Brennan back to play as a lose man so I stacked up the forward line and put Deledio on him , who not only negated his run but also kick a goal himself. Tivendale also played well when move onto the wing.

Q2 Richmond 4.5 29 Brisbane 6.9 45.

Coaches Notes: Brisbane started to get on top all over the ground. Again our delivery into the forward line stinks.

Q3: Richmond 5.9 39 Brisbane 8.10 58

Coaches Notes: Pretty even quarter if only we could kick straight.

Full Time:
Richmond 7.12 54 Brisbane 10.14 74.

Coaches Notes: The second half was even, but we just couldn’t keep with them the whole game, in the end it was there second quarter onslaught that was the difference.

Goals: A. Krakoeur, T. Simmonds 2. K. Pettifer J Shulz B. Deledio 1

Best: K. Johnson S. Tuck G. Tivendale M. Richardson T. Simmonds

None

Brisbane None

Reports: Brisbane D. Bradshaw (Striking 1 Week)

Media Votes:
5. J. Akermanis
4. S. Tuck
3 J. Brown
2. S. Black
1. M. Richardson

Richmond continue to sit in last place whilst Brisbane move into 8th.

Other Results:
(15) Carlton 10.10 70 lost to (13)Essendon 9.17 71
(4) Bulldogs 10.10 70 lost to (3) Collingwood 16.14 110
(1) Kangaroos 22.11 143 beat (9) Sydney 18.9 117
(11) Adelaide 16.11 107 beat (7) Port Adelaide 12.11 83
(12)St Kilda 17.13 115 beat (5) West coast 12.7 79
(6) Fremantle 13.14 92 beat (10) Hawthorn 12.10 82
(2) Melbourne 13.9 87 beat (14) Geelong 11.19 85

(Log in to remove this ad.)

richmond.gif

Round 8: Richmond V’S Port Adelaide

Team Line Up:

B: B. Hartigan D. Gaspar A. Raines
HB: C. Newman A. Kellaway C. Hyde
C: B. Deledio K. Johnson R. Tambling
HF: A. Krakoeur J: Shulz D. Polo
F: D. Meyer M: Richardson A: Pattison
R: T: Simmonds M: Coughlan S: Tuck
I: N. Foley W: Thursfield G: Tivendale M: Chaffey

In:
A: Raines M: Chaffey N.Foley

Out: N. Brown G. Stafford K. Pettifer (All Dropped)

Q1: Richmond 4.3 27 Port Adelaide 4.3 27

Coaches Notes: Good that we kept up with them that term and played good football. Howevery we were kicking into a strong breeze so will have to wait and see how this quarter pans out.

Q2: Richmond 6.7 43 Port Adelaide 10.11 71

Coaches Notes; Just as I thought Port Adelaide were able to use the wind a lot better than we were. I had men back but we still couldn’t stop them from scoring. Hopefully we can get a few of our own back this term.

Q3: Richmond 13.10 88 Port Adelaide 15.13 103

Coaches Notes: We got within three points of the lead but let them kick two late goals which was a real kick in the guts. Will try to go defensive for the start of the quarter against this massive wind and if we are still in striking distance go all out towards the end of the quarter. Meyer was great that term went forward and kicked three goals.

Full Time: Richmond 17.13 115 Port Adelaide 20.18 138

Coaches Notes: It was their second term that beat us.

Goals: D. Meyer 3 S. Tuck A. Pattison M. Richardson 2. J. Shulz W. Thursfield T. Simmonds M. Coughlan K. Johnson A. Krakouer D. Polo A. Raines 1

Best: B. Deledio M. Richardson M. Coughlan D. Meyer S.Tuck

A. Pattison (Broken Hand 3 weeks)

Media Votes:
5. N. Lonie
4. J. Francou
3 D. White
2. M. Coughlan
1. J. Mahoney

Other Results:
(13) St Kilda 10.8 68 lost to (10) Adelaide 15.12 102
(15) Carlton 12.7 79 lost to (2) Melbourne 20.16 136
(12) Hawthorn 9.17 71 lost to (9) Sydney 19.8 122
(7) Bulldogs 13.4 82 lost to (4) Fremantle 16.6 102
(6) Collingwood 16.11 107 lost to (8) Brisbane 17.10 112
(14) Essendon 9.9 63 lost to (11)Geelong 21.10 136
(3) West Coast 17.17 119 beat (1) Kangaroos 12.16 88

richmond.gif

Round 9: Richmond V’s Geelong

Team Line Up:
B: A. Raines W. Thursfield D. Gaspar
HB: M. White A. Kellaway C. Newman
C B. Deledio M. Coughlan R. Tambling
HF: K. Pettifer J. Shulz A. Krakoeur
F: N. Brown M. Richardson D. Meyer
R: T. Simmonds S. Tuck K. Johnson
I: L. McGuane D.Polo J. Oakley-Nicholl G.Stafford

In: N. Brown L. McGuane J. Oakley Nicholls G.Stafford M.White
Out: A. Pattison (Injured) C.Hyde B. Hartigan G. Tivendale M. Chaffey (Dropped)

Q1:
Richmond 2.2 14 Geelong 7.7 49

Q2: Richmond 4.6 30 Geelong 11.8 74

Q3: Richmond 7.6 48 Geelong 15.15 105

Full Time:
Richmond 9.10 64 Geelong 20.18 138

Coaches Notes: Spanked again.

Goals: T. Simmonds 2. M. Richardson S. Tuck K. Pettifer B. Deledio A. Krakoeur J. Shulz M. Coughlan 1

Best: J. Oakley Nicholls M. Richardson D. Gaspar T. Simmonds R. Tambling

Injuries:

None

Reports: Geelong J. Rooke (Charging 3 weeks)

Media Votes:
5. P. Chapman
4. D. Gaspar
3 T. Harley
2. T. Simmonds
1. A. Kellaway

Other Results:
(1) Kangaroos 19.14 128 beat (15) Carlton 5.5 35
(8) Collingwood 14.11 95 lost to (12) St Kilda 18.12 120
(3) West Coast 22.10 142 beat (10) Bulldogs 11.13 79
(11) Brisbane 10.15 75 lost to (6) Adelaide 12.17 89
(13) Essendon 17.12 114 beat (14) Hawthorn 8.4 52
(7) Port Adelaide 16.12 108 lost to (2) Melbourne 17.9 111
(4) Sydney 19.11 125 beat (5) Fremantle 16.12 108

richmond.gif

Round 10: Richmond V’s Fremantle

Team Line Up:
B: A. Raines D. Gaspar W. Thursfield
HB: D. Polo A. Kellaway C. Newman
C B. Deledio M. Coughlan R. Tambling
F: N. Brown M. Richardson D. Meyer
I: L. McGuane A. Krakouer J. Oakley-Nicholl G.Stafford

In: C. Hughes
Out: D. White (Dropped)

Q1: Richmond 1.1 7 Fremantle 2.0 12

Was able to choke the game right up that term, hopefully we can keep it up over the coarse of the game. N. Brown has gone off injured with a broken leg so that looks like the end to his season. Two broken legs in two years, what are the chances.

Q2: Richmond 4.4 28 Fremantle 4.6 30

We managed to get a couple of goals in front that quarter but allowed them to kick two late ones so they re took the lead.

Q3: Richmond 7.9 51 Fremantle 8.8 56

Again we got ahead early but Fremantle pegged us back’ lucky Pettifer scored a goal right on the siren.

Q4: Richmond 10.11 71 Fremantle 10.13 73

Shattered, we lost because of a free kick given with only seconds to go on the clock.

Goals: B. Deledio K. Pettifer J. Shulz 2. K. Johnson S. Tuck A. Krakoeur C. Hughes1

Best: A. Kellaway S. Tuck B. Deledio K. Johnson J. Shulz

N. Brown (Broken leg 11 weeks)

Fremantle None

Reports: Richmond: A. Krakoeur (Charging 2 weeks)
Fremantle None

Media Votes:
5. P. Bell
4. P. Medhurst
3 D. Meyer
2. S. Tuck
1. B. Deledio

Other Results:
(11) Bulldogs 12.11 83 lost to (1) Kangaroos 17.11 113
(15) Carlton 12.8 80 lost to (3) West Coast 25.18 168
(14) Hawthorn 9.9 63 lost to (5) Port Adelaide 19.10 124
(13) St Kilda 7.6 48 lost to (2) Melbourne 17.19 121
(8) Brisbane 14.12 beat 96 (12) Essendon 14.10 94

richmond.gif

Round 11: Richmond V’s Carlton

After coming so close last round hopefully the Tigers can get their first win of the season against fellow cellar dwellers Carlton.

Team Line Up:
HB: B. Hartigan A. Kellaway C. Newman
C: B. Deledio M. Coughlan R. Tambling
F: D. Polo M. Richardson D. Meyer
I: L. McGuane C. Hyde J. Oakley-Nicolls G. Stafford

In: B. Hartigan C. Hyde
Out: N. Brown (Injured) A. Krakouer (Suspended)

Q1: Richmond 6.2 38 Carlton 3.1 19

Playing the game in the wet has helped negate our lack of clean skills of late. This looks to be the type of game we need ATM. Just a good honest contest between two determined teams. We have been able to beat them in the clearances which is a great sign. We are also clearly on top in contested possessions which for a change is a reflection on our hardness at the pill rather than putting a team mate under the pump with a poor disposal. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Q2: Richmond 9.10 64 Carlton 5.5 35

Again we controlled that quarter but just couldn’t kick straight. Very happy with some of the younger guys. McGuane and Thursfield down back switching between a opponent and playing as the free man has really cut off the blues supply. But can’t praise the work of Deledio and Tambling enough so far this game.

Q3: Richmond 12.12 84 Carlton 8.8 56

Carlton kicked two quick goals early that term and looked to be on a bit of a role. To the boys credit they stemmed the tide and then got back on top. Most impressed with the cubs playing this game, the younger blokes have really stepped up, it’s an amazing thing confidence.

Full Time: Richmond 15.16 106 Carlton 12.10 82

Stoked to get the first win on the board, a bit disappointed we let them get two late goals but let’s not focus on that. The beers will taste a lot better tonight.

Goals: J. Shulz 3 C. Hughes M. Richardson R. Tambling 2 D. Polo C. Newman B. Deledio D. Meyer L. McGuane A.Kellaway 1

Best: B. Deledio J. Shulz S. Tuck R. Tambling M. Coughlan

None

Blues None

Reports: Richmond: C. Hyde (Tripping 1 week)
Blues None

Media Votes:
5. J. Shulz
4. B. Deledio
3 R. Tambling
2. M. Coughlan
1. K. Johnson

After their first four points of the season the Tigers remain on the bottom of the ladder whilst the Blues sit just one spot above them.

Other Results:
(11) St Kilda 12.12 84 beat (13) Essendon 11.9 75
(8) Geelong 17.12 114 beat (14) Hawthorn 11.11 77
(3) West Coast 18.17 125 b4eat (9) Brisbane 7.7 49
(6) Adelaide 16.10 106 beat (12) Bulldogs 13.5 83
(2) Kangaroos 13.13 91 lost to (5) Fremantle 17.6 108
(7) Sydney 9.9 63 lost to (4) Port Adelaide 15.15 105
(1) Melbourne 12.13 85 beat (10) Collingwood 11.10 76

richmond.gif

Mid Season Review:​

Ladder:

Pos W L D PF PA % PTS
1: Melbourne 9 – 2 – 0 1214 1033 117.52 36
2: Kangaroos 8 –3 – 0 1357 948 143.14 32
3: West Coast 8 –3 – 0 1235 950 130.00 32
4: PortAdelaide 7 –4 – 0 1126 1015 110.94 28
5: Fremantle 7 –4 – 0 1096 1046 104.78 28
6: Adealide 7 –4 – 0 1080 1037 104.15 28
7: Sydney 6 –5 – 0 1242 1033 120.23 24
8: Geelong 5 –5 – 1 1095 933 117.36 22
9: Brisbane 5 –5 – 1 948 1063 89.18 22
10.Collingwood 5 – 6 – 0 1100 1224 89.87 20
11 St Kilda 5 – 6 – 0 1014 1130 89.73 20
12.Bulldogs 4 – 6 – 1 1019 1101 92.55 18
12.Bulldogs 4 – 6 – 1 1019 1101 92.55 18
13.Essendon 4 – 7 – 0 1013 1078 93.97 16
14.Hawthorn 3 – 8 – 0 951 1162 81.84 12
15.Carlton 2 – 9 – 0 938 1277 73.45 8
16. Richmond 1 – 9 – 1 861 1259 68.39 6

Media Award Progressive Total:
25: S. Goodwin
24: A. Hansen
23: W. Tredrea
23: J. Brown
19. N. Riewoldt
19. B. Green
19. C. Judd
19. J. Akermanis
18. A. Cooney
17. B. Harvey
16: B. Goodes
16: B. Hall

Goals:
N. Thompson 49
B. Hall 46
M. Lloyd 40
C. Tarrant 39
D. Neitz 36
D. White 33
F. Gehrig 30
L. McPharlin 26

Possessions:
C. Judd 309
T. Jhonstone 297
S. Goodwin 286
A. Cooney 278
P. Hasleby 276
B. Cousins 275
J. Hird 271
S. West 265

Contested Possessions:

T. Johnstone 79
S. Grant 76
M. Pavlich 75
B. Harvey 75
B. Deledio 71
B. Cousins 71
S. Camporeale 70
C. Judd 69

Kicks:
T. Johnstone 173
C. Judd 171
B. Harvey 163
A. Hansen 161
B. Cousins 158
S. Grant 156
M. Pavlich 156
J. Brown 155

Handballs
C. Judd 138
A. Simpson 135
J. Hird 134
S. Goodwin 133
N. Dal Santo 132
P. Hasleby 130
K. Cornes 128
A. Cooney 124

Contested Marks:

A Hansen 43
N. Riewoldt 41
D. Petrie 38
P. Everitt 35
J. Brown 34
K. McGregor 33
M. Pavlich 32
W. Tredrea 32

Marks:
A Hansen 112
B. Hall 106
K. McGregor 99
W. Tredrea 98
N. Riewoldt 97
P. Everitt 95
D. Neitz 92
D. Fletcher 92

Hit Outs:

B. Hudson 221
D. Cox 212
J. Fraser 198
T. Simmonds 189
B. Lade 182
S. King 174
D. Hale 169
D. Jolly 161

Clearances:
S. Goodwin 86
T. Johnstone 84
C. Judd 83
B. Cousins 76
B. Harvey 73
C. Ling 72
C. Fletcher 72
B. Kirk 71

Richmond’s Stats:
Goals: 122 (16)
Possessions: 3444 (6)
Contested Possessions: 941 (1)
Kicks: 2174 (3)
Handballs: 1270 (11)
Contested Marks: 288 (1)
Marks: 981 (3)
Hit Outs: 303 (12)
Clearances: 302 (13)
Free Kicks: 155 (1)
Inside 50’s: 535 (15)
Centre Clearances: 164 (16)

Carn' The Tiges.
One big win, were on a roll now.

Thats stats are interesting to see ie: No.1 in Contested possies yet last in Centre Clearances.

richmond.gif

Round 12: Richmond V’s Sydney.

Great to get our first win on the board, but now we face a tough challenge in Sydney who have been playing some good football of late. But last round copped a bit of a hiding so will no doubt come out firing this round. Hoping the second half of the year brings more reward than the first. But most of all looking for continued improvement from the younger players.

Team Line Up:
HB: B. Hartigan A. Kellaway C. Newman
I: L. McGuane J. Bowden J. Oakley-Nicholls G. Stafford

In: J. Bowden
Out: C. Hyde (Suspended)

Q1 Richmond 3.3 21 Sydney 1.2 8

We couldn’t take advantage of kicking with a strong breeze and were lucky to get two late goals. Kept McGuane off for all that quarter so he could be fresh to play as the loose tall this term. Will go defensive and flood into the breeze.

Q2: Richmond: 5.3 33 Sydney 5.12 42

The swans dominated play, we were just lucky they couldn’t kick straight.

Q3: Richmond 7.8 50 Sydney 12.13 85

We kicked two early goals to sneak in front but it was all Sydney from then on in. For them to kick 7 goals against the wind is not good enough and I shudder to think what they have install with the wind.

Full Time: Richmond 9.9 63 Sydney 18.17 125

A shame that we let them run all over us in the second half, they just proved to be to good. Except for K. Johnson we had no real winners out there today.

Goals: D. Polo D. Meyer M. Richardson B. Hartigan D. Gaspar K. Pettifer

Best: K. Pettifer D. Meyer J. Bowden K. Johnson T. Simmonds

Injuries: Richmond None

Sydney J. McVeigh (Strained Calf 1Week)

Media Votes:

5. M. O’Loughlin
4. N. Fosdike
3 L. Ablett
2. A. Kellaway
1. D. Meyer

Richmond remain on the bottom of the ladder whilst the Swans now sit in 5th.

Other Results:
(12) Essendon 20.10 130 beat (7) Adelaide 15.8 98
(8) Geelong 20.14 134 beat (13) Bulldogs 9.11 65
(6) Fremantle 18.10 118 lost to (10) St Kilda 19.20 134
(1) Melbourne 15.13 103 lost to (9) Brisbane 18.8 116
(11) Collingwood 18.8 126 beat (3) West Coast 19.10 124
(14) Hawthorn 17.14 116 beat (2) Kangaroos 13.9 87
(4) Port Adelaide 15.14 104 beat (15) Carlton 16.7 103

richmond.gif

Round 13: Richmond V’s St Kilda

Both teams have had disappointing years so far in terms of their expectations going into the year. Richmond who are desperate to start winning some games to crawl off the bottom of the ladder and St Kilda who at the start of the year would have hoped for a top four finish. But find themselves outside of the eight with only the slightest chance of getting into the finals.

Team Line Up:
HB: J. Bowden M. Coughlan C. Newman
HF: G. Tivendale J. Shulz D. Rodan
I: L. McGuane B. Hartigan J. Oakley-Nicholls N. Foley

In: N. Foley G. Tivendale D. Roadan
Out: G. Stafford K. Pettifer C. Hughes (All Dropped)

Q1: Richmond 4.3 27 St Kilda 3.3 21

So far the decision to drop the back up ruckman and let McGuane pinch hit to give Simmonds small rests has payed off. Although their ruckman Rix is getting a lot of the ball the extra small men I was able to select by also dropping two big forwards have allowed my mid field rotations to work well. We have adapted to the wet very well.

Q2:
Richmond 5.4 34 St Kilda 6.6 42

St Kilda dominated the first 15 minutes of that quarter but lucky the damage to this point is manageable. We lost Coughlan to a torn hamstring that term so that has stuffed my midfield rotations up. Very impressed with Foley he’s getting a heap of inside contested possession. When we get the ball we just have to use it better.

Q3: Richmond 8.8 56 St Kilda 10.7 67

We are getting a fair share of the ball, but as it’s been for most of the season just can’t seem to finish it off. Can not fault the teams endeavour but we just need to get the polish factor going.

Full Time: Richmond 11.8 74 St Kilda 13.13 91.

Disappointing that we lost, we managed to sneak in front but just ran out of legs in the end. Some good signs to come out of the last few games (Except for the second half of last week).

Goals: K. Johnson M. Richardson 2 G. Tivendale D. Rodan J. Shulz
N. Foley D. Meyer J. Bowden L. McGuane 1

Best: S. Tuck R. Tambling J. Shulz K. Johnson N. Foley

Injuries:
Richmond:
M. Coughlan (Torn Hamstring 6 weeks)

Sydney None

Media Votes:
5. M. Maguire
4. T. Schwarze
3 B. Goddard
2. S. Tuck
1. L. Ball

Richmond remain last on the ladder and look to be heading for their second wooden spoon in three years, whilst St Kilda move to ninth and keep there finals hopes alive.

Other Results:

(10) Brisbane 17.13 115 lost to (13) Hawthorn 19.11 125
(15) Carlton 11.16 82 beat (14) Bulldogs 11.6 72
(11) Essendon 17.14 116 beat (8) Fremantle 13.13 91
(3) Kangaroos 9.11 65 lost to (2) Port Adelaide 18.14 122
(5) Adelaide 14.15 99 beat (12) Collingwood 14.12 96
(7) Sydney 15.9 99 lost to (6) Geelong 18.20 128
(4) West Coast 18.8 116 lost to (1) Melbourne 23.9 147

richmond.gif

Round 14:
Richmond V’s Hawthorn

This week the Tigers face the Hawks who sit only two spot ahead but have won four more matches.

Team Line Up:
HB: J. Bowden A. Kellaway C. Newman
C. B. Deledio N. Foley R. Tambling
HF: G. Tivendale J. Shulz A. Krakoeur
R: T. Simmonds S. Tuck J. Johnson
I: L. McGuane B. Hartigan J. Oakley-Nicholls R. Hall

In: R. Hall A. Krakoeur
Out: M. Coughlan (Injured) D. Rodan (Dropped)

Q1: Richmond 3.3 21 Hawthorn 4.2 26

Our forward line should be on top but just can’t get it together. We dominated play but just can’t score, Hawks to their credit made great use of the limited supply we let them have.

Q2: Richmond 6.3 39 Hawthorn 8.6 54

The Hawks kicked three early goals, we were able to slow them down and kick a few of our own but a late goal to them really stung. We have lost J. Bowden and B. Hartigan, both to Broken hands sustained in the quarter.

Q3: Richmond 10.3 63 Hawthorn 15.14 104

We just seemed to roll over that term, we would spend 10 minutes looking for a score then the Hawks would kick two in a minute. Not good enough.

Full Time: Richmond 16.6 96 Hawthorn 19.16 130

We were beaten all over the ground today, we had our moments but like the rest of the season couldn’t put four quarters together. We were lucky they didn’t kick as straight as we did or it would have been a messy day. Injuries again didn’t help but I won’t use them as an excuse.

Goals: M. Richardson 4 N. Foley2 T. Simmonds S. Tuck D. Meyer G. Tivendale J. Oakley-Nicholls R. Hall A. Krakouer L. McGuane J. Shulz 1

Best: S. Tuck N. Foley G. Tivendale T. Simmonds K. Johnson

Injuries:
Richmond:
J. Bowden (Broken Hand 4 weeks)
B. Hartigan (Broekn Hand 3 weeks)

Hawks;
C. Young (Back 8 weeks)

Reports:
Richmond:
A. Krakouer (Charging 1 week)

Hawks: None

Media Votes:
5. J. Smith
4. S. Mitchell
3 S. Crawford
2. T. Croad
1. L. Hodge

After another disappointing loss the Tiger wallow on the bottom of the ladder, the Hawks now sit in 12th spot.

Other Results:
(14) Bulldogs 18.10 118 lost to (10) Essendon 18.11 119
(7) Adelaide 13.7 85 lost to (3) West Coast 24.17 161
(9) Brisbane 14,22 106 beat (11) St Kilda 13.5 83
(4) Geelong 12.19 91 beat (13) Collingwood 10.4 64
(1) Melbourne 17.11 113 beat (6) Kangaroos 11.13 79
(5) Sydney 19.15 129 beat (15) Carlton 10.13 73
(8) Fremantle 14.12 96 drew with (2) Port Adelaide 14.12 96

Remove this Banner Ad

Back