Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2000
Gold Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox (MLB)
Collingwood Statement

The Collingwood Football Club emphatically denies reports that Coach Michael Malthouse has resigned from the Club.

The reports are nothing more than malicious gossip.

Malthouse is contracted until the end of next year and is eagerly planning Collingwood’s assault on the 2007 season.

The Club will make no further comment on this matter.

Nicki Malady
Communications Manager
Collingwood Football Club

love him or loath him malthouse record stacks up....in his tenure at west coast he never missed the finals (maybe once I think) yeah he had a great side but his record as a coach is better than sacking him or him quitting

I dont like Mick but I respect and admire his achievements as a coach

itsintheblood said:
Deep down you know you weren't worthy of seventh spot. After round 10 possibly but not after rd 22. Clearly overachieved on the back of a soft draw and few injuries this year.
Typical contribution from "basket-case" club representative

PC-04 said:
Typical contribution from "basket-case" club representative

Answer me this very simple question. Were you or were you not the worst performed side in the second half of the year to make the 8??? Your effort in the final clearly and categorically proved this. You cannot dispute facts.

And for your information peabrain, I do not represent the richmond football club, I support it. And if you want a basket-case club at this very minute, go to the carlton board. We are far from a basket case comparing to where we were 3 years ago. Sorry to disappoint.

itsintheblood said:
Answer me this very simple question. Were you or were you not the worst performed side in the second half of the year to make the 8??? Your effort in the final clearly and categorically proved this. You cannot dispute facts.

And for your information peabrain, I do not represent the richmond football club, I support it. And if you want a basket-case club at this very minute, go to the carlton board. We are far from a basket case comparing to where we were 3 years ago. Sorry to disappoint.
We MADE the finals. You didnt. end of thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

itsintheblood said:
Still wont answer the question. You MADE the finals. That's great!!!!! What happened then???? Did you deserve to be there in the end following collingwoods second half of the year?
We deserved it more than any of the 8 sides that missed out, so yes.

NICK THE PIE MAN said:
Collingwood Statement

The Collingwood Football Club emphatically denies reports that Coach Michael Malthouse has resigned from the Club.

The reports are nothing more than malicious gossip.

Malthouse is contracted until the end of next year and is eagerly planning Collingwood’s assault on the 2007 season.

The Club will make no further comment on this matter.

Nicki Malady
Communications Manager
Collingwood Football Club
Or did Nick make up THIS press release? Worth thinking about...

Dusky said:
"assualt on the 2007 season"

Seems a fitting choice of word.

Does this mean more toothless female supporters to be bashed and fast food vans to be over turned in the streets next season?

local said:
Does this mean more toothless female supporters to be bashed and fast food vans to be over turned in the streets next season?
it means we're saving our assault for the game, and not the coaches :D

The Dice Man said:
Funny thing that, I felt the exact same way:cool:
i suppose when you've watched your team miss the finals 23 out of 25 years or whatever the figures are, you wouldve mastered the art of relying on the failure of other more successfull teams for joy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood releases official statement on Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back