Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seagulls, Bushrangers
Statement, written by Michael Robinson

BigFooty AFL Player of the Year 2006

Thanks for participating in what will be an entertaining part of BigFooty in season 2006. Over the last few years, BigFooty has had several attempts of a regular voting of the AFL season, but hasn’t lasted, mostly due to lack of organisation and the inconsistency in the process. On 1 February 2006, I decided to make this work, and my idea consisted of a limited number of voters to be able to participate, and have an even amount of voters who support each of the 16 clubs, which will cancel out bias votes, and inconsistency in votes also. The following information is all you need to know of what is expected of you to do during the season.

What Voters Have To Do

• A total of 96 members will be participating, 6 members from each of the 16 clubs. The participating members are listed below, so you know who else will be tagging along on this.
• All votes will be given in a 5-4-3-2-1 format, 5 being to the best player on the field, 1 being to the fifth best player on the field.
• Votes will be for the entire match and all 44 players can be chosen for votes, therefore, you will not only vote for players from the club you are a participant of
• All 6 of the members of the participating team will be required to vote, so that includes the emergency voter.
• You are required to only vote for ONE match per week. The match you will be allocated to vote in is the match your club of who you are a participant of, is playing.
• There will be a deadline in which the votes have to be submitted by. This deadline is at 5pm every Monday during the season. For matches in Rounds 1, 3, 4 and 11, votes will have a deadline at 5pm Wednesday. On Round 12, it is a split round, and votes will have a deadline of the 5pm Monday, June 26.
• You will have to submit the votes into a designated thread in the Gameday Board.

Emergency Voter

• If you are an emergency voter, you are still required to vote and meet the deadlines. Your votes are still vital in cases of: A standard voter does not submit their votes by the deadline; if a count-back is required then the emergencies votes will be used as an indicator.

How the Votes are tallied

• A total of 10 votes will be counted. These votes will be tallied up to get a total for each player that received a vote, and then again, minimised down to a best 5-4-3-2-1. 5 votes to the player who received the most total amount of votes etc.
• In the case of the same total to two or more players a count-back will be used. The count-back will involve the emergency voter(s) votes, and if it is still the case, it will be worked out on the player with the most amount of best case of votes in the votes cast. If still a case, then I will choose who gets the higher priority.

Once the votes are tallied

• Once the votes are tallied they will not be put on BigFooty due to confidentiality. However, the 10-12 votes for each game can be seen, but not the total. Reasons this will happen is to leave out chances of a bias situation leading into the final rounds, and therefore votes can decide the outcome in the last rounds in a simple way of cheating.
On Monday September 4, votes will be submitted in a thread round by round in a count, similar to the Brownlow Medal. This date has been set on the first Monday following the Home and Away Season.

BigFooty Medal: Voters

ADELAIDE
Bockchoy67
crows98
Gets!
jo172
Thunderstruck
Vic Crow (EMG)

BRISBANE LIONS
Helix
Irel
littleduck
Lonie_From_50
The Flying Belgian
Roostergal4eva (EMG)

CARLTON
Funkalicous
Hu$$ey
stokesy
cypher
The Old Dark Navy’s
XXX KINGS (EMG)

COLLINGWOOD
FIGJAM
Hoggy
Johnson#26
Lonie_From_50
Pie 4 Life
Coin_Toss (EMG)

ESSENDON
dougthelegend
Jarryd_S
Longy413
mcphee_is_a_gun
Smokin_Joe
DaSawx (EMG)

FREMANTLE
docker_azza
inferno66
Kapow!!!
RIPPER_46
Cassius_Clay
collo21 (EMG)

GEELONG
DBAH0
fugsy
Ricketts
rizzo
Seb
billybrownless16 (EMG)

HAWTHORN
cschreuder61
dipper86
Grendal
LukeHodge15
philhawk
Roughie (EMG)

KANGAROOS
Chadwiko
HelMie
hilly
Kangas_Div
Lidge
Britany (EMG)

MELBOURNE
davey_magik
Deestroy
rick James
demonheart
Yze_Class
Marns (EMG)

PORT ADELAIDE
Arsene Wenger
crazy_big_al
Macca19
portentous
Russian
powerstufff (EMG)

RICHMOND
cogs24
jackson_rules
metallichris
sante
wez10000
borntigerfan (EMG)

ST KILDA
Falchoon
JeffDunne
milnedog44
sainter
StKildonan
mad-saint-guy (EMG)

SYDNEY
dougk
Ed_Gein
grimlock
lazy
ROK of Gibraltar
mattyh (EMG)

WEST COAST EAGLES
Embers
Locky
macca69
theorangeapple
weagles_fan
otis_david (EMG)

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Hard Ball Get
x_box_x
OldSchool
Rocco_Jones
westy07
Lonie_From_50 (EMG)

Announcement - 24th Feb 2006

If any of the voters are unable to participate during the season please notify me by PM.

The trial will be running this week, Week 1 of the NAB Pre-Season Cup. It would be good for all voters to vote during this week, just as it is a trial. If not, that is not a worry, but still it would be good to get a format going through the weekend and see any problems that may occur. The pro-active organisation of this was done very effectively and efficiently and it seems that the only problem that may occur is voters not responding to the threads, so all in all, it seems the approach is very good.

If you are a voter, you will receive a PM. If your PM storage is full (only 1 was last time - dougthelegend), then you will not be able to receive a PM, so make sure voters, during the season, keep your PM's box with atleast some room for messages during the season if need be.

If you are not a voter, but want to take part in this, please reply in this thread. There is more than likely a chance current voters will pull out and the numbers will be short, so if you have an interest, don't be afraid to put your hand up. Commitment is not a major issue considering the time and effort put into it, but it is something that is required to keep this alive, considering other things like this have not had any success unless on club boards. This has had plenty of organisation and planning, and lets not put it to waste

Thanks, Michael.

Announcement - 28th Feb 2006

Results from Trial

Premium voters
53 replied, 27 didn't

Emergency voters
7 replied, 9 didn't

Teams interest (/6)
Adelaide - 4
Brisbane Lions - 3
Carlton - 4
Collingwood - 6
Essendon - 4
Fremantle - 4
Geelong - 4
Hawthorn - 4*
Kangaroos - 4
Melbourne - 1
Port Adelaide - 2
Richmond - 3
St.Kilda - 6
Sydney - 3
West Coast Eagles - 3
W Bulldogs - 2

*Hawks had 2 non-voters vote! :)

Announcement - 28 Mar 2006

After discussion with several members, both voters and supporters of the BigFooty Medal, I released a poll on 14 Mar 2006 asking if finalised votes should be posted up to show ALL members on the BigFooty community the weekly results.

The poll closed yesterday by myself (was not a limited poll) but the final margin was:

Should finalised votes be posted each week?
Yes - 56%
No - 44%

Therefore a weekley thread will show each games finalised votes, current leaderboard, and a weekley best 22, aswell as a new feature which will be introduced shortly.

Also...The BigFooty Medal is now on it's own sub-forum from the Gameday Board. Thanks Adrian.

I was wondering where this competition was. Now that I have found it (Machday Board, duh!) it will be all sweet. It must have seemed as though I wasn't interested, but it's hard to show interest when you can't find what you're looking for. :D

Announcement - 28 Mar 2006

Announcing the 2006 BigFooty AFL Emerging Star Award.

This is very similar to the National Bank's AFL Rising Star Award in the AFL, except this is the BigFooty's version.

Each week, a poll will be placed up after the conclusion of each round with 5 possible nominee's for an Emerging Star nomination. The poll will be running until votes are tallied, normally 5:30pm Mondays. These days (and times) are scheduled due to the predicted release of the weekley results thread, which will feature finalised votes, current leaderboard, weekley best 22, player of the week and now, the BigFooty Emerging Star nominee.

Criteria
• The player must be at an age of under 21 as of 1/1/2006 (all players born in 1985 onwards).
• The player must have played 10 or less games at the start of the season

re: sante

The thread can be viewed to see the approx 10-12 x 5-4-3-2-1 votes that should be given, but then again, only I will know the OFFICIAL 5-4-3-2-1 finalised votes.

The obvious reason it was once again asked whether the finalised votes should be on show was because:

a) This is the BigFooty Medal, therefore the whole community should be able to see the finalised votes for each match

VS

b) Cheating may be exposed as clubs voters may unite and try to get a player over the line when there is somewhat in a non-bias point of view that player would not win.

The poll showed 10 v 8 in favour of a) or simply YES.

I am in favour of that, considering the community can see, that way this idea will be more valued, plus...The 96 voters are among the elite from each side on this site, and that was an aim of myself to try to get the most recognised members to put forward their, what will be, highly valued opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yze, - Deestroy has also joined up for you guys, in place of StingaArmstrong. So we can assure that the Dees should have atleast 5 voters. daveymagik is a good poster, don't know where he is though, while rj was suspended for that week :)

Announcement - April 7

*Danni* said:
Please be advised that Bigfooty.com will experience downtime over the next few days, more than likely on Saturday April 8th.

The site is being moved to a new server. Fingers crossed (but no guarantees) this will alleviate the database errors we have been experiencing at an increasing rate over the last couple of weeks.

Not sure what time this will happen, just that it will happen this coming weekend.

Thanks
Danni

News at hand has BigFooty with downtime this weekend. The BigFooty Medal will be affected so votes will now have a deadline of Tuesday 5:30pm due to the downtime.

Thanks, Mikey

Results - Round One

ROUND ONE

West Coast d St Kilda
5 - Dean Cox (WCE) 5
4 - David Wirrpanda (WCE) 4
3 - Lenny Hayes (STK) 3
2 - Daniel Kerr (WCE) 2
1 - Robert Harvey (STK) 1

Western Bulldogs d Richmond
5 - Brad Johnson (WB) 5
4 - Nathan Eagleton (WB) 4
3 - Scott West (WB) 3
2 - Daniel Cross (WB) 2
1 - Daniel Giansiracusa (WB) 1

Geelong d Brisbane Lions
5 - Jimmy Bartel (GEEL) 5
4 - Gary Ablett jnr (GEEL) 4
3 - Paul Chapman (GEEL) 3
2 - Joel Corey (GEEL) 2
1 - Darren Milburn (GEEL) 1

Essendon d Sydney
5 - Matthew Lloyd (ESS) 5
4 - Barry Hall (SYD) 4
3 - Adam Goodes (SYD) 3
2 - Dustin Fletcher (ESS) 2
1 - Jobe Watson (ESS) 1

Port Adelaide d by Kangaroos
5 - Daniel Harris (KANG) 5
4 - Adam Simpson (KANG) 4
3 - Daniel Wells (KANG) 3
2 - Kane Cornes (PA) 2
1 - Shaun Burgoyne (PA) 1

Hawthorn d Fremantle
5 - Sam Mitchell (HAW) 5
4 - Mark Williams (HAW) 4
3 - Luke Hodge (HAW) 3
2 - Danny Jacobs (HAW) 2
1 - Trent Croad (HAW) 1

Melbourne d by Carlton
5 - Brendan Fevola (CARL) 5
4 - Matthew Lappin (CARL) 4
3 - Heath Scotland (CARL) 3
2 - Kade Simpson (CARL) 2
1 - Jarrad Waite (CARL) 1

Collingwood d by Adelaide
5 - Mark Ricciuto (ADEL) 5
4 - Martin Mattner (ADEL) 4
3 - Simon Goodwin (ADEL) 3
2 - Ian Perrie (ADEL) 2
1 - Tyson Edwards (ADEL) 1

Leaderboard
1 - Mark Ricciuto (ADEL) - 5
2 - Brendan Fevola (CARL) - 5
3 - Matthew Lloyd (ESS) - 5
4 - Jimmy Bartel (GEEL) - 5
5 - Sam Mitchell (HAW) - 5
6 - Daniel Harris (KANG) - 5
7 - Dean Cox (WCE) - 5
8 - Brad Johnson (WB) - 5
9 - Martin Mattner (ADEL) - 4
10 - Matthew Lappin (CARL) - 4

Player of the Week
Matthew Lloyd - Essendon

An amazing start to the season for the new skipper of the Dons, Lloyd kicked 8 goals in a great win. It all started so quickly, as Lloyd kicked 6 first quarter goals on premiership backman and All-Australian Leo Barry, to then kick 2 more for the match, but dominate play, having 26 touches, 10 marks and 7 inside 50's.

potw7sm.png

Team of the Week
Code:
B:	D Wirrpanda (WCE)	D Fletcher (ESS)	M Lappin (CARL)
HB:	S Goodwin (ADEL)	A Goodes (SYD)		M Mattner (ADEL)
C:	A Simpson (KANG)	S Mitchell (HAW)	J Bartel (GEEL)
HF:	M Ricciuto (ADEL)	B Fevola (CARL)		N Eagleton (WB)
F:	B Johnson (WB)		M Lloyd (ESS)		M Williams (HAW)
Foll:	D Cox (WCE)		S West (WB)		D Harris (KANG)
I/C:	B Hall (SYD)		H Scotland (CARL)	D Wells (KANG)
				G Ablett (GEEL)

BigFooty Emerging Star Nomination
Dale Thomas - Collingwood

Exciting footballer, Dale Thomas burst onto the AFL scene in impressive style. The no.2 draft pick of last years draft had an immediate impact, kicking 2 goals with 16 touches and 8 marks in his first game of football, but it was his spectacular mark and the sidestep on Andrew McLeod that got everyone's attention.

Armageddon and Chasing the Dream are the first members to sign up as Brisbane Lions representatives as I hit down on voters who are not using the opportunity at advantage. So far littleduck, LIONS then DAYLIGHT, roostersgal4eva (all BL) and rick James (MELB) have been kicked off the voting panel.

Announcement - 19 April 2006

A new performance chart has been prepared, and I will be looking at your performance as a voter on getting your votes in. This will be of great value to me and the reference as to what is happening and whether those inconsistently placing votes or not will be rewarded or not.

There will be a reward to voters, but they must perform there duties and this performance chart will look at it. There are 4 categories; votes in, votes late, notified of unable to vote and vote not it.

At the moment, there are replacements on board, as some members have been chucked out of the panel. The following clubs are needing members..

Carlton - 1
Collingwood - 1
Fremantle - 1
Melbourne - 2
Port Adelaide - 1
Sydney - 1

Announcement - 28 April 2006

A simple but attractive logo has been established by myself for use on this sub-forum and it's threads to keep the BigFooty Medal that little more colourful.

bfmedal8qv.png

The logo comes after a small revamp to the voting threads, which now includes the logo, and instead of club logo's and the jumpers from footyjumpers.com.au, I have established my own good size images showing the clubs guernsey, and the club's name.

Renegade - Geelong
melbournemartin - Melbourne
- Carlton

join for retirees/delistees DBAH0, rick James, mojo31

Lonie_from_50 said:
Renegade - Geelong
melbournemartin - Melbourne
- Carlton

join for retirees/delistees DBAH0, rick James, mojo31

hack. I get delisted for getting suspended, I call BUUULLLSHIIIIIIITTT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back