Nov 22, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Nothing like getting an early start.

I'd be thinking:

Rich
Hurley
Naitanui

will be thereabouts, but I'm hardly the guy who spends every winter weekend at the underage games with a clipboard.

And no, I am not suggest we start tanking now.... that is Carlton's domain;)

A lot will depend on whether they change the draft age. If they do, then those 3 would probably be the favourites at this stage, if not then there is definately going to be some quality bottom-agers next year that could push top 3.

DeBoer from WA will go very early. He was a star in this years carnival and i was shocked when he didn't nominate. Also look for Chris Yarran to feature early.

Jay Shannon from the Eyre peninsula. the kid is a gun. won the A grade mail medal wen he was 16 and missed a few games due to playin U/17s with port magpies in adel. i hope that the crows have got onto him and kept him hidden out bush because he will play leagu SANFL footy this year and will play good league footy and get noiced by alot of people and miss out on him if they dont.

Might nt be top 3... but by next years draft Dashmir Barolli will be first round. Pace, good skills and tough as bricks.

Although he is our NSW Scholarship listed player- this question will be asked and probably debated many times throughout next year based on performances- but where do people see Scott Reed fitting into next year's draft- if he weren't eligible to be taken by Collingwood with our last selection or rookie listed.

Jay Shannon from the Eyre peninsula. the kid is a gun. won the A grade mail medal wen he was 16 and missed a few games due to playin U/17s with port magpies in adel. i hope that the crows have got onto him and kept him hidden out bush because he will play leagu SANFL footy this year and will play good league footy and get noiced by alot of people and miss out on him if they dont.

well then.. way to kill the secret!! :mad:

Although he is our NSW Scholarship listed player- this question will be asked and probably debated many times throughout next year based on performances- but where do people see Scott Reed fitting into next year's draft- if he weren't eligible to be taken by Collingwood with our last selection or rookie listed.

Perhaps 20-30 based on his similarity to Otten or Collier as a midfielder / KP combo player and they went at 25 and 27. Perhaps a little better than those two so at the higher end of the range - but not in the Myers class (pick 6).

Nothing like getting an early start.

I'd be thinking:

Rich
Hurley
Naitanui

will be thereabouts, but I'm hardly the guy who spends every winter weekend at the underage games with a clipboard.

And no, I am not suggest we start tanking now.... that is Carlton's domain;)

This would have to be THE three wouldn't it?

Daniel Rich is a WAFL seniors premiership midfielder who racked up possessions at will and kicked goals outside of 50 metres several times during the finals series. As one commentator said, he could potentially go close to winning the Sandover this year....

Hurley and Naitanui are highly rated talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt Rich is impressive but remember he is playing in a extremely dominate team with A-grade WAFL/Boarder-line AFL players on pretty much every line. Can/will he do the same for say a Peel or Perth??

As for Natanui, his kicking is shocking and thats paramount in todays day and age. He needs alot (ok a truck-load) of polish and is ridiculously raw. But no-doubt the hunger and natural ability is there.

As for Natanui, his kicking is shocking and thats paramount in todays day and age. He needs alot (ok a truck-load) of polish and is ridiculously raw. But no-doubt the hunger and natural ability is there.

Picked it in one Juddy Like. Have seen him miss goals from 15 metres out, but kicked 2-3 goals in a few games. His tackling is great for a big man.

Think Chris Yarran might come into top calculations as well, as he drives that SD midfield.

Perhaps 20-30 based on his similarity to Otten or Collier as a midfielder / KP combo player and they went at 25 and 27. Perhaps a little better than those two so at the higher end of the range - but not in the Myers class (pick 6).

Cheers for that Weaver, I'll be following his progress very closely next season. Hopefully he can further his game and push towards that higher class of a Myers.

I really like the look of Rich he stood out to me during the U/18 championship. I would have to think he and Natinui will go 1 and 2 but a lot can change in a year.

This would have to be THE three wouldn't it?

Daniel Rich is a WAFL seniors premiership midfielder who racked up possessions at will and kicked goals outside of 50 metres several times during the finals series. As one commentator said, he could potentially go close to winning the Sandover this year....

Hurley and Naitanui are highly rated talls.

Looks like we won't be seeing much effort from Carlton this year;)

Looks like we won't be seeing much effort from Carlton this year;)
And we all know 2008 will be the year Melbourne perform before dropping off the following the year.

That should rule Melbourne of getting their hands on Naitanui or Hurley after they failed to pick any KPP and rucks in this draft.

Natanui, Rich, Yarran, Hurley, Cornelius, Trengove, Hartlett, Swift, DeBoer and McKernan.
10 pretty talented players to choose from.

Ashley Smith from Dandenong will be right up there. Yeats reckons he is the best player to ever come from the Stingrays.

Quick, explosive and an excellent kick he will surely go top 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back