Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
tumbleweed091808.jpg

The Rock is now nothing but a poor man's John Cena.

That might change if he'd quit shouting his catchphrases like a four year old imitating a professional wrestler (or John Cena).

Does anyone think there's just too much WWE programing now? I mean, as a fan, you want to watch all of it to keep up with everything that's going on, but there's just so much. Tough Enough (which I love) runs independently of the regular television shows, so you can download it and watch it at any time, which makes things easier. I know NXT and Superstars aren't really essential viewing, but you still feel like you're missing out a little bit if you don't watch them.

One advantage TNA has IMO is that there's just one program to keep track of each week, and that's it. There's only so much time for television during the week as it is, and even if you do love wrestling, it can become a real chore to watch 6 hours of WWE each week. I know there's the hour-long recap shows, but they really only focus on the major stuff, and the lesser wrestlers may as well not exist on them. It's the whole roster and production that I enjoy, not just the main event. I'd like to see WWE go back to just Raw and Smackdown only (and trim a few people from the roster if there's not enough airtime for them), with Tough Enough still running independently.

Not really. I only watch Raw and Smackdown and make sure I IQ them so I can fast-forward. I cant believe how many ads are shoe-horned into both shows and with the Raw recap on Smackdown, you can get that one done in about an hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't feel I miss anything by not watching them. Would rather watch Vintage Collection instead

NXT is pretty forgettable most of the time, but Superstars has some great little matches. Yoshi Tatsu vs. Tyson Kidd from the April 7 episode was one of the best matches of the year, and the crowd was going nuts for both guys the whole time.

Agree about the ads and recaps etc. in the middle of the shows. So annoying. Just glad I download the shows seamlessly ad-free, and can fast forward all the recaps. You can get through the main shows in about an hour, but it's still a bit of a chore finding the time for it all.

WWE has been like that for a long time.

Not many people remember much of: Heat, Jakked or Metal but they were all minor shows back in the day that were basically optional viewing.

They basically give the die hards something to get them through the days that there isnt a major show on.

Weird as it sounds, I think shows like Tough Enough and NXT may be targeted at the female audience who generally enjoy the 'reality' style programs. Its just something.... different that may draw in those who dont like Smackdown/Raw.

Personally i'd prefer to watch one 3 1/2-4 hour show every week as opposed to the two 2 hour shitefests we're currently getting.

Just while we're on the topic of WWE on TV, when did commercial breaks become a part of a wrestling match? I cant remember if they did it when I was regularly watching back in '01/'02 (back when it was on Fox Sports and switched over to Fox8 just as my family got rid of it), but it really annoys me.

Wrestler gets tossed out of the ring. Cue Josh Matthews, "the champ is reeling, Miz has all the momentum, can the champ recover? We'll find out next on Raw!" Commercial break ends, "John Cena is in total control!"

I just roll my eyes and hit fast forward when a wrestler gets tossed out of the ring.

Just while we're on the topic of WWE on TV, when did commercial breaks become a part of a wrestling match? I cant remember if they did it when I was regularly watching back in '01/'02 (back when it was on Fox Sports and switched over to Fox8 just as my family got rid of it), but it really annoys me.

Wrestler gets tossed out of the ring. Cue Josh Matthews, "the champ is reeling, Miz has all the momentum, can the champ recover? We'll find out next on Raw!" Commercial break ends, "John Cena is in total control!"

I just roll my eyes and hit fast forward when a wrestler gets tossed out of the ring.

Happened back around 07 I believe, very sudden changeover. One week it was after matches, the next they were taking breaks during the matches.

The breaks allow the wrestlers to pass messages off air, have a bit of a break and increases income from sponsorships.

It just ruins the psychology of the match. I like seeing the momentum changes and its far too obvious when they're cutting to break, plus, it's a wrestling show. Show the wrestling.

Cut to break when Del Rio is cutting a promo instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back