Looks like you could be getting Morton for free

Remove this Banner Ad

marcmurphy3

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Woodhouse was apparently just on 6PR and said that they probably wouldn't get pick 18 from Richmond and that the Tigers may well get Morton through the PSD. A deal involving your 3rd rounder is useless as WC won't use the pick.

Good news for you guys if this eventuates. It would be silly if you guys caved and handed them pick 18 tomorrow when you could get him for free.

Would be the best news the Blues have had in......well a couple of hours. ;)

You lock him into the PSD and the Blues then go on the rampage. Look out. Chequebook is locked and loaded. Brown paper bag's at the ready.

The Blues are back!!!

Just don't trade for him Tiges. Please.

Like who DTT?

Theire hasn't been much speculation of any quality players falling through to the PSD this year.

But maybe it would be better to trade a pick that we wouldn't end up using for anyway

WC would see no point in accepting a pick worse then you 2nd rounder because they won't use it.

Still, Morton is a really talented player and you guys would have done well to pick him up for free.

WC would see no point in accepting a pick worse then you 2nd rounder because they won't use it.

We could upgrade their newly-arrived Pick 20 to Pick 18? (Or even Pick 16 if the Schulz to Port deal goes through)

Or if we were that interested in the Mitch and Cal Morton double act, we could upgrade their newly-arrived Pick 3 to Pic 2?

We could upgrade their newly-arrived Pick 20 to Pick 18? (Or even Pick 16 if the Schulz to Port deal goes through)

Or if we were that interested in the Mitch and Cal Morton double act, we could upgrade their newly-arrived Pick 3 to Pic 2?

Why would you bother if you could get him for free?

Also I thought Schulz was going for Ports 2nd rounder, not there 1st?

I think a deals been done with Morton also involving pick 30. Swann was on the radio tonight talking about Juddas and said they tried to get pick 30 from the weagles rather than 46 but couldn't because it already had been taken....
Sounds rather suspicious to me because I haven't heard any deals involving 30 officially so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a deals been done with Morton also involving pick 30. Swann was on the radio tonight talking about Juddas and said they tried to get pick 30 from the weagles rather than 46 but couldn't because it already had been taken....
Sounds rather suspicious to me because I haven't heard any deals involving 30 officially so far.

The rumor was pick 18 for Morton and 30 but according to Woodhouse on the radio tonight, the Eagles are unlikely to get pick 18. I can only presume that Richmond have changed their minds and plan to offer their 3rd rounder (which the Eagles won't take) or take him in the PSD.

With any luck.

The word 'luck' and Richmond are not synonomous. The word has never ever been well received at Punt Road.

Still, Morton is a really talented player and you guys would have done well to pick him up for free

Runaway champ... you dont come on here and starting pissing in our pocket and telling us how well we've done if we get him for nothing. Something suss going on here...

Can just see it... we'll commit to picking up Mitch Morton as PSD 1. Jonathon Brown will come out a week later and say he and Brisbane cant come to terms and look who manages to have pick number 2. :eek:

The word 'luck' and Richmond are not synonomous. The word has never ever been well received at Punt Road.

Runaway champ... you dont come on here and starting pissing in our pocket and telling us how well we've done if we get him for nothing. Something suss going on here...

Can just see it... we'll commit to picking up Mitch Morton as PSD 1. Jonathon Brown will come out a week later and say he and Brisbane cant come to terms and look who manages to have pick number 2. :eek:

i hear ya wally. if we had picked up judd i would have been thinking that the wheel has finally turned. but it seems that it never will :(

I'm not 100% sure on why Mitch Morton wants to come back to a Melbourne based club. Matter of fact I have no idea at all.

But wouldn't being on the Eagles' roster, and his brother the likely pick 3 selection in the draft, and the West Coast Eagles landing pick 3 in the draft; wouldn't that suggest that there could be a reason to stay?

But I suppose that would all hinge on why Mitch Morton wanted to leave in the first place.

Mitch wanted to leave because he wasnt getting enough opportunities in the WC team. He also stated that he would want to goto Richmond to join his brother. He was drafted under the fatherson rule and was expected to have been a top 10 draft pick.

Pick 18 or 19 for Morton & 30 could be possible, but after listening to Woodhouse he didnt seem so certain. Hopefully a deal does go through tomorrow!

I want the RFC to keep ALL our top 20 picks. You listening Mr Miller? DRAFT SOME FUTURE CHAMPIONS FOR A CHANGE YOU USELESS GIT. Don't trade away our future again.

Oh yeah great... let's draft Lounder, Oakley-Nicholls, Tambling, Fiora, Gilmour, Poyas, Schulz.... our early round record is very ordinary.

Deledio and now Pettifer are exceptions to the rule. The jury is our on Riewoldt but I'm inclined to think he'll be closer to Pettifer than Lounder.

Draft picks are a crap shoot... You might hit some diamonds, you might hit some duds. Just about every recruiting manager said they would have taken Fiora over Pavlich at the time. Everyone is perect in hindsight. Our record further down the draft and from the rookie list is as good as anyone over the past decade.

Early draft picks do not guarantee success, but they at least offer a glimmer of hope for supporters.

I want the RFC to keep ALL our top 20 picks. You listening Mr Miller? DRAFT SOME FUTURE CHAMPIONS FOR A CHANGE YOU USELESS GIT. Don't trade away our future again.

Exactly. Morton is no champion. No need do anything stupid and offer pick 19. Don't be a fool Miller. We MUST use picks 2,18,19 on young talent in the ND. Why pay overs for Morton? There will be some great players available with picks 18+19. If WC try and play hardball, eff em, we don't Morton that badly and we can then take him for nothing in the PSD. He is unconctracted and wants to come to us. DONT EFF THIS UP MILLER. Do something right for a change.

GO TIGES!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like you could be getting Morton for free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back